Hyland Grove, Westbury-on-Trym
Backing directly onto Henbury Golf Course and situated on the southerly facing side of this highly regarded cul-de-sac with far reaching views; an attractive 1930's four double bedroom detached family home on a generous plot with delightful established gardens and driveway parking. Offered with no onward chain. The property is set within a very neighbourly and exclusive cul-de-sac which is why these homes so rarely come to the open market and indeed this one is to be sold for the first time since 1975. There is comfortable, light and well-configured accommodation (circa 2,200sq.ft) over two levels with many original features such as wooden flooring, exposed beams, period fireplaces and simple moulded cornicing. These are blended seamlessly with modern conveniences such as double glazing and gas central heating. Occupying an elevated position with south facing views over an established tiered garden descending to woodland and the golf course. Whilst the house has been well maintained it also offers scope for improvement and enlargement with possibilities both in the loft and in the cellar space (subject to first obtaining the necessary consents). Convenient location within 0.7 miles of Westbury on Trym village centre, shops and facilities, and the city centre or out of town to the Mall shopping complex at Cribbs Causeway and the M5/M4 motorway interchange. Ground floor: large open fronted porch/veranda, reception hall, dining room, dual aspect sitting room, garden room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility/shower room, cloakroom/wc. First Floor: part galleried landing, four double bedrooms, family bathroom, separate wc. Outside: driveway parking for three cars, storage garage, cellar storage rooms, long established rear garden with greenhouse. An exceptionally rare opportunity in a prestigious location where an earliest viewing is unhesitatingly recommended to avoid disappointment.
- Backing directly onto Henbury Golf Club
- An attractive 1930's 4 double bedroom detached family home
- Generous plot
- Driveway parking
- Offered with no onward chain
from the pavement, there is a brick paviored driveway providing vehicular access to the single garage. Large open-fronted porch/veranda with solid wood panelled front door opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (14' 1'' x 12' 1'' (4.29m x 3.68m))
a most welcoming and spacious introduction with 17ft ceiling height through to the part galleried landing. Staircase ascending to the first floor with handrails, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, understair storage cupboard, obscure glazed window to the front elevation, radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Doors to the sitting room, cloakroom/wc and kitchen/breakfast room. Double doors opening to:-
DINING ROOM: (14' 6'' x 13' 0'' (4.42m x 3.96m))
south facing picture window with far reaching views, original feature brick fireplace, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, exposed beams, radiator, ceiling light point. Serving hatch through to the kitchen/breakfast room. Multi-paned door opening to the garden room.
SITTING ROOM: (21' 8'' x 11' 11'' (6.60m x 3.63m))
a dual aspect principal reception room with virtually full width window to the front elevation and multi-paned double doors with windows to either side opening to the garden room with far reaching views. Original feature brick fireplace with open fire, moulded skirtings, two radiators, simple moulded cornicing, two wall light points.
GARDEN ROOM: (12' 2'' x 7' 5'' (3.71m x 2.26m))
large south facing window overlooking the garden with additional window to side and multi-paned door opening externally, part high sloping glass roof, tiled flooring, window seat, wall light point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (17' 11'' x 11' 2'' (5.46m x 3.40m))
dual aspect with windows to the side and rear elevations. Panelled base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets plus Welsh dresser. Roll edged granite effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling. Stainless steel dual sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Space for electric/gas oven, space for fridge, space for dishwasher, tiled effect flooring, radiator, ceiling light point, inset ceiling downlights, extractor. Boot Room with wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler, radiator and shelving. Pantry Cupboard with ample shelving and obscure glazed window to side. Door to:-
UTILITY/SHOWER ROOM: (9' 5'' x 7' 5'' (2.87m x 2.26m))
large shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for freezer, tiled flooring with electric underfloor heating and partially tiled walls, obscure glazed window to side, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point.
low level flush wc, corner wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, obscure glazed window to front, tiled flooring, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING: (14' 0'' x 12' 0'' including stairwell (4.26m x 3.65m))
galleried over the reception hall on three sides with handrail and spindles, dormer style window to the front elevation with deep sill, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point. Doors to:-
BEDROOM 1: (21' 9'' x 12' 0'' (6.62m x 3.65m))
dual aspect with dormer style window to the front elevation plus double doors with windows to either side to the rear elevation with far reaching views. Moulded skirtings, built-in wardrobes, two radiators, two ceiling light points. Doors to:-
enjoying a sunny southerly orientation and an ideal place for alfresco dining with grandstand panoramic views, wooden balustrade.
BEDROOM 2: (19' 0'' x 13' 0'' (5.79m x 3.96m))
south facing picture window with panoramic views, moulded skirtings, built-in wardrobe, coved ceiling, radiator, ceiling light point, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps.
BEDROOM 3: (14' 6'' x 11' 3'' (4.42m x 3.43m))
south facing window to the rear elevation, ample built-in wardrobes with cupboards above, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point, wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps plus double opening cupboard below.
BEDROOM 4: (10' 2'' x 9' 11'' (3.10m x 3.02m))
window to the front elevation, built-in workstation with bookshelving above, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
low level flush wc with concealed cistern, obscure glazed window to side, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM: (10' 2'' x 5' 5'' (3.10m x 1.65m))
panelled bath with hot and cold water taps plus wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps. Obscure glazed window to side, radiator, fully tiled walls, inset ceiling downlights. Loft access (part boarded loft space with two ceiling light points [35ft x 18ft] [10.67m x 5.49m] which offers scope for enlargement subject to first obtaining the necessary consents, which would provide exceptional far reaching views). Airing Cupboard with radiator and slatted shelving.
low brick wall with vehicular access onto a brick paviored driveway with space for three cars. Raised shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. 26’9”/8.15m veranda/open-fronted porch with space for table and chairs and partially set behind a clipped box hedge. Pedestrian gates to either side give access to the rear garden. Electrically operated metal up and over door to:-
STORAGE GARAGE: (10' 1'' x 7' 11'' (3.07m x 2.41m))
obscure glazed window to side, built-in shelving, wall light point.
immediately to the rear of the house there is a paved patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Beyond this there is a level section of lawn with greenhouse to one side. Steps and pathway then lead through the next section of tiered garden featuring a fine array of flowering plants, mature shrubs plus vegetable/fruit growing area. From here the garden is again laid to lawn and sloping with feature pampas grass and then finally, an area of woodland which has access through a gate onto Henbury Golf Course and a public footpath which runs along the bottom of all the gardens.. Undercroft storage cupboards.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.