Hillsdon Road, Westbury-on-Trym
An incredibly spacious and tastefully renovated 4 bedroom (1 with en suite) 1930’s semi-detached home offering balanced and well-arranged accommodation over 2 floors, driveway off street parking and a fantastic garden wrapping round the rear and side of the property. Lovingly enjoyed, improved and extended by the current owners in the last 6 years, this beautiful home is ready to move into. Situated close to Westbury Village, a lovely leafy area with excellent amenities, local shops and bus connections to central areas. The green open spaces of Canford Park and lovely walks and cycling through Blaise Castle Estate are also all nearby. Sold with no onward chain due to re-location, making a prompt and convenient move possible. Ground Floor: spacious central entrance hallway, lovely bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/garden room, wonderful sociable kitchen/dining room with double doors leading onto the rear garden, ground floor cloakroom/wc, cloaks area, utility room and boiler/airing cupboard. First Floor: split landing with lateral accommodation with 4 bedrooms (3 doubles and 1 single), one with en suite, family bathroom/shower/wc. Loft: full boarded with extra large hatch for convenient storage. Outside: front garden and off street parking with garden gate through to a lovely lawned side garden which wraps around to the rear where there is a large decked terrace accessed both from the kitchen/dining space and reception 2, making a sociable and accessible garden. A beautiful and well-appointed home in a lovely leafy location.
- A tastefully renovated 4 bedrooms (1 with en suite) 1930's family home
- 2 reception rooms + large kitchen dining room
- Utility room and ground floor cloakroom/WC.
- Driveway off street parking
- Fantastic garden wrapping round the rear and side of the property
- Lovely location, close to WOT village and Blaise Castle Estate.
via several steps leading down beside the landscaped front garden and driveway to the covered entrance where you will find the main front door into the house.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 16' 0'' max x 7' 3'' max inclusive of staircase (4.87m x 2.21m)
an original staircase rising to first floor landing with generous understairs storage space, low level meter cupboards housing the gas meter, electricity meter and fuse box for electrics, original exposed stripped floorboards and doors off to the sitting room and kitchen/dining room. The hallway opens up into the extended part of the property where there is a useful cloaks recess with ample space for coats and boats and doors off to reception 2/garden room and utility room, which in turn has doors off to the ground floor cloakroom/wc and Airing Cupboard housing modern Vaillant gas boiler and built in slatted shelving.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 15' 0'' max into bay x 12' 9'' max into chimney recess (4.57m x 3.88m)
a lovely bright bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, picture rail, wide bay to front comprising double glazed windows with built in plantation shutters, feature fireplace with wood burning stove, radiator and tv point.
RECEPTION 2/GARDEN ROOM: 11' 3'' x 9' 11'' (3.43m x 3.02m)
currently used as a home office, but would equally work well as a children’s playroom, this space enjoys dual aspect double glazed windows to rear and side overlooking the gardens with double doors to the rear providing a seamless access out onto the decked area of the outside space, exposed stripped floorboards, high ceilings, picture rail, radiator and inset spotlights.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 20' 6'' x 12' 1'' max in dining area reducing to 11'3" in kitchen area (6.24m x 3.68m/3.43m)
a fabulous sociable kitchen/dining space spanning the width of the original house with a modern range of fitted kitchen units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with wood block worktop over and inset Belfast style sink. Integrated appliances including double oven, 4 ring gas hob with built in chimney hood over, fridge/freezer and dishwasher, ample space for dining and seating furniture. Feature chimney recess, exposed stripped floorboards, double glazed window to side and double glazed windows to rear with central double doors providing a seamless access out onto the rear section of the garden.
UTILITY ROOM: 7' 6'' x 4' 5'' (2.28m x 1.35m)
built in worktop with wine space and plumbing beneath for washing machine and dryer, further built in units over, double glazed windows to front, exposed stripped floorboards and doors off to cloakroom/wc and Airing Cupboard.
CLOAKROOM/WC: 5' 0'' x 3' 0'' (1.52m x 0.91m)
low level wc, corner wash basin, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, part tiled walls and obscured double glazed window to side.
a split landing with doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/shower/wc to one side. Off the other side of the split landing there is a double glazed window to rear providing natural light and door off to bedroom 3.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 15' 3'' max into bay x 11' 8'' max into chimney recess (4.64m x 3.55m)
a good sized double bedroom with wide bay to front comprising double glazed windows, high ceilings with picture rail and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 12' 4'' max into chimney recess x 12' 1'' (3.76m x 3.68m)
a good sized double bedroom with large double glazed picture window to rear offering a fantastic open outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens and roof tops of Westbury towards Westbury-on-Trym village. High ceilings, picture rail and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 11' 3'' x 9' 11'' (3.43m x 3.02m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, double glazed windows to front and a radiator. Door leads off the bedroom into a smart en suite shower room/wc.
En Suite Shower Room/wc: 6' 9'' x 5' 1'' (2.06m x 1.55m)
a white suite comprising an oversized walk in shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin with built in storage cabinet beneath, part tiled walls, tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan, chrome effect heated towel rail and double glazed window to rear.
BEDROOM 4: 9' 8'' x 8' 6'' (2.94m x 2.59m)
high ceilings, picture rail, radiator and feature double glazed bay window to front.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: 8' 7'' max into shower enclosure x 7' 8'' (2.61m x 2.34m)
a smart family bathroom with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, large pedestal wash hand basin, low level wc and recessed shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, inset spotlights and extractor fan, tiled floor with underfloor heating, shaver point, double glazed window to rear and chrome effect heated towel rail.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
the property enjoys a wide frontage with a block paved driveway providing off street parking for one car with tastefully landscaped front garden beside mainly laid to lawn with raised flower beds with paved steps and pathway leading from the pavement through the centre of the front garden and driveway to the main front door.
REAR & SIDE GARDENS:
to the rear of the building the kitchen spills out onto a fantastic large level decked terrace (approx 20ft x 20ft) (6.10m x 6.10m), perfect for outdoor seating and entertaining this level deck wraps around the rear and side of the building where there is also access out from the second reception room and then onto a generous side garden (approx 43ft max x 30ft)(13.11m x 9.14m) which is mainly laid to lawn with high level fenced boundaries and raised borders containing various shrubs and a mature cherry tree. Good sized hardstanding with a large shed/garden store (10ft x 8ft) (3.05m x 2.44m) and handy gated side access out onto the front driveway.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 21 December 1934. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.