Henley Grove, Henleaze
A fully refurbished 4 double bedroom, 2 reception room, 2 bathroom upper maisonette with front garden and presented to a very high standard, with approximately 1,600 sq. ft. of floor area and the feel of a house. It has immediate level access to Henleaze high street and an immensely flexible layout. Highly sought after location a few minutes walk from Durdham Downs and within a moment’s level stroll of the shops, cafes and amenities of Henleaze Road, also within approx. 400 metres of Henleaze Infant and Junior School and St Ursula's Primary School. Other local schools include Elmlea Infant & Junior School and independent schools such as Red Maids & Badminton Girls School. One of only two flats within an attractive 1920’s building. Completely renovated throughout by the present owners, who have undertaken a comprehensive refurbishment and extension of the property since purchase. Ground Floor: entrance hallway First Floor: landing, kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room, reception room 2/bedroom, bedroom 2, bathroom, separate cloakroom/wc. Second Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room/wc, bedroom 3, bedroom 4. The property provides an immensely flexible layout, and has the feel of a house in one of Bristol's most desirable districts for family homes.
- A fully refurbished upper maisonette
- 4 double bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Approx. 1,600 sq. ft floor area
- Presented to a very high standard
- Front garden
- Immensely flexible layout
the property is approached over pathway from the pavement leading up to the front door shared by the two apartments within the building, protected by a pitched roof storm porch. Wooden door with decorative leaded glass leads into:-
a small inner hallway with two doors, the door ahead leading into the garden flat. The door to the left is a private entrance into:-
a ground floor hallway at the foot of the stairs provides ample coat hanging space and is naturally lit by an obscured leaded stained glass window to front elevation, meter cupboard at floor level housing meters and modern metal enclosed electric consumer unit. Radiator, decorative tiled flooring, straight run staircase rising to the first floor landing.
large central landing with all principal rooms leading from it on this level, with good natural lighting from all rooms and the skylight above the staircase that turns and rises to the second floor landing.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (17' 3'' x 11' 7'') (5.25m x 3.53m)
twin double glazed windows to front elevation overlooking the street scene with radiator below and central chalkboard painted wallpapered wall intersecting the two windows. Breakfast area with ample space for small dining table to one side which is open plan with the adjacent kitchen. Head height cupboards with display cabinets with metro tile splashback tiling below extending down to square edged wooden worksurfaces and floor level cupboards and drawers with small breakfast bar area. Space for 5 ring range cooker with fixed extractor hood over, space for washing machine, integrated dishwasher and integrated fridge/freezer. Wood effect laminate flooring throughout and wall mounted extractor vent.
SITTING ROOM: (20' 9'' x 13' 4'') (6.32m x 4.06m)
shallow angled window bay with double glazed window to front elevation. Central wood burner with fitted shelving and cupboards either side of the chimney breast along the entire wall, column radiator on the opposing wall.
RECEPTION ROOM 2/BEDROOM: (16' 5'' x 14' 1'') (5.00m x 4.29m)
double glazed window to rear elevation with a pleasant outlook over neighbouring gardens and a good degree of privacy. This room has flexibility to be a bedroom or second reception room. There are built-in cupboards either side of the former chimney breast and a radiator below the window.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 0'' x 10' 6'') (3.96m x 3.20m)
double glazed window to rear elevation with radiator below, full sized built-in cupboards either side of former chimney breast.
obscured double glazed window to side elevation, partially tiled walls, white suite comprising acrylic bath with period style mixer tap and shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin, mains fed heated towel rail, tiled flooring, floor to ceiling height cupboard with wooden slatted shelving for towel storage etc.
obscured double glazed window to side elevation, close coupled wc.
Turning staircase rises to second floor landing.
small L shaped landing providing access to 3 bedrooms on this level, naturally lit by double glazed skylight. Door into:-
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (13' 11'' x 13' 0'') (4.24m x 3.96m)
master bedroom with en-suite shower room. Twin large double glazed skylights which can be extended to double as dormer windows, which provide an incredible amount of natural light. Storage alcoves to one corner, radiator, door into:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
accessed from bedroom 1. Double glazed skylight to rear elevation, bathroom suite matching first floor with close coupled wc, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled wall which extends to tessellated tiles in a fully walk-in shower cubicle with shower screen and metro style tiling on two elevations. Oversized rainhead shower with exposed variable thermostatically controlled mixer shower and separate shower attachment, mains fed heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 3: (side) (14' 5'' x 8' 4'') (4.39m x 2.54m)
twin double glazed skylights to side elevation with radiator below, separate cupboard providing access into eaves storage.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (13' 2'' x 8' 1'') (4.01m x 2.46m)
twin double glazed skylights to front elevation with radiator below, separate cupboard providing access into eaves storage.
to the left of the front door a screened front garden laid to patio with trellis, natural fencing and young shrubs in a bedded border provides a pleasant seating area to the front of the property which benefits from the morning sun.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1983. There is also a rent charge of £8.8s.0d from 1928 and a ground rent of £20 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars there is no formal monthly service charge. This apartment pays a 50% share of the cost of any necessary works on an as and when basis. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.