Fremantle Square, Kingsdown
Offered with no onward chain and available for completion within the stamp duty holiday at the end of June 2021. With a leafy outlook over Fremantle Square - a stylish early Victorian period semi-detached house offering well proportioned, lateral accommodation over 2 levels and with attractive front and rear gardens. Full of charm and character, high ceilings, large multi-paned sash windows fill the house with light. The ground floor enjoys a stunning drawing room with two large windows over the generous lawned front garden and Fremantle Square - to have an open outlook in such a central location is extremely rare. There is a large sociable kitchen/dining room and garden room opening onto the back garden which catches the evening sunshine. On the first floor there are 4 bedrooms, a bathroom and a large cupboard which looks suitable for an extra bathroom/en-suite subject to necessary consents. Situated in a charming square overlooking the lawned central park with a single Holm Oak and offering the convenience of being just a short stroll down into the city centre and Stokes Croft/Cheltenham Road. Excellent schools including Cotham Gardens, Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School are nearby, as is Bristol University and the BRI/Children's hospitals.
- Green outlook over Fremantle Square
- Early Victorian period semi-detached house
- Stunning drawing room
- Well proportioned, lateral accommodation
- Large kitchen dining room
- Garden Room
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Attractive front and rear gardens
wrought iron gateway opens to two stone pillars and pathway weaves to the front entrance.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (6' 2'' x 5' 7'') (1.88m x 1.70m)
meter cupboard, glazed door opening into:-
doors opening to kitchen/dining room and sitting room. Door to understairs storage cupboard, radiator with radiator cover, exposed wooden flooring, stairs rising to the first floor.
Boot Room: (6' 8'' x 4' 3'') (2.03m x 1.29m)
SITTING ROOM: (18' 4'' into chimney recess x 14' 8'' into window recess) (5.58m x 4.47m)
a stunning drawing room with high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, two large multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation with working shutters overlooking front garden and a view of Fremantle Square, exposed wooden flooring, picture rail, fireplace with wooden surround and mantel, wooden flooring.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (19' 10'' into chimney recess x 16' 8'') (6.04m x 5.08m)
stunning large room with high ceilings, range of low level kitchen units and working surfaces, space for large range cooker, stainless steel sink unit with draining board and mixer tap, splashback tiles, recessed space for fridge/freezer and housing the gas meter, wall mounted gas combination boiler, space and plumbing for dishwasher.
GARDEN ROOM: (13' 8'' x 7' 10'') (4.16m x 2.39m)
double glazed window and doors to the rear elevation opening immediately onto the garden, tiled floor, door leading to:-
space for washing machine and stacked tumble door, additional door to:-
DOWNSTAIRS SHOWER ROOM/WC: (12' 6'' x 2' 11'') (3.81m x 0.89m)
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, shower, double glazed window to side elevation. A very useful downstairs shower, not least for washing muddy dogs on their way back from long walks.
LANDING: (13' 10'' x 6' 6'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (4.21m x 1.98m)
a very elegant landing with casement windows to the side elevation, lots of natural light, doors leading off to all rooms and:-
Storage Room: (6' 6'' x 4' 3'') (1.98m x 1.29m)
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (16' 2'' into window recess x 12' 6'' into chimney recess) (4.92m x 3.81m)
a large room with high ceilings, simple ceiling cornicing, large sash window to rear elevation, exposed wooden flooring, two radiators and tiled fireplace.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (14' 6'' into window recess x 9' 9'' into chimney recess) (4.42m x 2.97m)
a lovely big room with sash window to the front elevation overlooking Fremantle Square, simple ceiling cornicing, exposed wooden flooring.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (14' 7'' into window recess x 8' 4'' into chimney recess) (4.44m x 2.54m)
large sash window to front elevation with views over Fremantle Square, simple ceiling cornicing, exposed wooden flooring, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (16' 2'' into window recess x 7' 9'' into chimney recess) (4.92m x 2.36m)
multi-paned sash window to rear elevation, exposed wooden flooring, simple ceiling cornicing, radiator, exposed wooden flooring.
BATHROOM/WC: (6' 2'' x 5' 9'') (1.88m x 1.75m)
white suite with low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin and fine bath with mixer tap and handheld shower fitment, partially tiled walls, exposed wooden flooring, heated towel rail.
FRONT GARDEN: (approx. 37' 0'' x 29' 0'') (11.27m x 8.83m)
a very generous lawned front garden with Victorian tiled pathway, well planted borders and stand out views of Fremantle Square.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 25' 0'' width x 22' 0'' depth) (7.61m x 6.70m)
patio garden immediately outside the garden room, the majority of the remainder is mainly laid to lawn with apple tree, wooden planters and espaliered apple trees, side access to the front.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.