Fremantle Square, Kingsdown
Overlooking a historic Georgian square in amongst the cobbled streets of Kingsdown – a fine and sizeable (circa 2500sq.ft) 4 bedroom, 3 reception Grade II listed townhouse with front and rear gardens.
The house dates from 1837 and is full of light with large multipaned sash windows- many with working shutters – high ceilings and a wealth of retained period features.
The kitchen/dining room is bright and sunlit; benefitting from a south-westerly position with direct access out into the garden, and is further linked via original sliding timber doors to a comfortable sitting room with a lovely aspect over the square.
The lower ground floor offers a very large utility with wc and a further reception / bedroom 5 (if required) which has the benefit of independent access to the front garden.
On the first floor is the most beautiful and civilised drawing room with two large sash windows offering a stunning prospect over Fremantle Square and a large double bedroom opening out onto a balcony with climbing rose and an open south-westerly outlook.
Three further bedrooms on the top floor are serviced by a family bathroom located on the first floor and a shower room on the top floor.
The house has generous gardens, with the slightly raised lawned front garden offering both privacy from the road and a fine view over Fremantle Square. The rear garden benefits from a sunny, open south-westerly orientation with mature roses and pedestrian access to the rear.
A simply stunning period townhouse with lots of space, a lovely outlook over a beautiful Georgian Square and a south-westerly facing garden.
- Overlooking Fremantle Square in historic Kingsdown
- A stunning late Georgian townhouse - circa 1837
- 4/5 bedrooms
- Elegant drawing Room
- Large kitchen dining room with adjoining sitting room
- Main Bedroom with balcony
- Having an abundance of period features
- Elevated views
- South west facing rear garden
- 2 bath / shower rooms
wide flagstone pathway with steps leading up to the entrance door.
with glazed inner door with glazed arched overlight, ceiling cornicing, intricate overlight to the front door, exposed wooden flooring.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 31' 11'' x 4' 2'' (widening to 6’6” inclusive of stairwell) (9.72m x 1.27m)
continuation of exposed wooden flooring, high ceilings with ornate ceiling cornice, original doors opening into the sitting room and kitchen/dining room, deep architrave, radiators. Staircase with ornate balustrade and handrail rising to the first floor. Partially glazed door opens out onto the rear garden. Door and steps lead down to the lower ground floor. Handy cloaks cupboard and:-
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 18' 10'' x 13' 3'' (5.74m x 4.04m)
very large windows and doors to the rear elevation opening out immediately onto the back garden which benefits from a south-westerly aspect, very high ceilings, intricate and ornate ceiling cornicing and rose, range of wall and base wooden units with granite working surfaces and tiled splashbacks, space for dual fuel oven, full size dishwasher and integrated fridge/freezer, three radiators, exposed wooden flooring, large original arched opening with hidden sliding doors which open into:-
SITTING ROOM: 14' 8'' into chimney recess x 13' 9'' (4.47m x 4.19m)
large multi-paned sash window to the front elevation complete with working shutters and window seat, overlooking the front garden and directly onto Fremantle Square. High ceilings with intricate and ornate ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, continuation of exposed wooden flooring, two radiators, cast iron open fireplace with marble surround and mantel with slate hearth.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
HALLWAY: 13' 6'' x 6' 6'' (4.11m x 1.98m)
doors open to bedroom 5/reception 3 and utility room. Useful understairs storage area.
BEDROOM 5 / RECEPTION 3: 14' 8'' into recess x 14' 10'' (4.47m x 4.52m)
multi-paned door to the front elevation allowing for independent access if required, two radiators, cast iron fireplace with stone surround and mantle with slate hearth, door leading to:-
WORKSHOP: 14' 0'' x 4' 3'' (4.26m x 1.29m)
UTILITY ROOM: 13' 5'' x 12' 6'' (4.09m x 3.81m)
a generous utility which could easily become another room if required. Fireplace with wooden mantle, radiator, Belfast sink, tiled splashback, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, original units and timber shelving, partially glazed door to:-
WC / BOILER ROOM: (overall measurement ) 11' 8'' x 3' 6'' (3.55m x 1.07m)
floor mounted gas boiler, wash hand basin, wc with high level cistern.
large multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation bringing in lots of natural light, doors to the drawing room and bedroom 1. On the half landing there is a door to the bathroom. Stairs continue to the second (top) floor.
DRAWING ROOM: 19' 4'' x 13' 8'' (5.89m x 4.16m)
a stunning room, grand and yet somehow comfortable, with high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornicing, ornate cast iron fireplace with marble surround and mantle with slate hearth, four radiators, exposed wooden flooring, two large sash windows to the front elevation complete with working shutters and a lovely view over Fremantle Square and across Bristol beyond.
BEDROOM 1: 14' 1'' x 12' 5'' (4.29m x 3.78m)
large multi-paned glazed window to the rear elevation which opens out onto a Balcony: (12’0” x 4’0”) (3.66m x 1.22m) with a nice open south-westerly aspect, with cast iron balustrade and climbing rose. Ceiling cornicing, exposed wooden flooring, radiator, two large fitted timber wardrobes with hanging rail and storage space, cast iron fireplace with stone surround and mantel with slate hearth.
BATHROOM/WC: 7' 9'' x 6' 8'' (2.36m x 2.03m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, generous bath with tongue and groove panel, tiled splashbacks and extractor fan.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
doors leading off to bedrooms 2, 3 and 4 and shower room.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 14' 1'' x 12' 5'' (4.29m x 3.78m)
multi-paned sash window to rear elevation, radiator, exposed wooden flooring, cast iron fireplace with stone surround and mantel with slate hearth.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 2'' x 113' 3'' (4.31m x 34.49m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with views over Fremantle Square and far reaching over Bristol and beyond, cast iron fireplace with stone surround and slate hearth, radiator, exposed wooden flooring.
BEDROOM 4: 7' 10'' x 7' 6'' (2.39m x 2.28m)
multi-paned sash window to front elevation, radiator, period fireplace, exposed wooden flooring, shallow fitted storage.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 6' 1'' x 4' 4'' (1.85m x 1.32m)
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, shower cubicle, tiled walls, extractor fan.
FRONT GARDEN: 32' 0'' x 19' 0'' (9.75m x 5.79m)
a pretty front garden mainly laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders and established silver birch.
REAR GARDEN: 45' 0'' x 19' 0'' (13.71m x 5.79m)
original stone walls, garden to either side laid as lawn with pathway, cherry tree and mature specimen roses, two timber sheds and very useful rear access for bicycles, muddy boots, etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.