Fernbank Road, Redland
An extremely rare Victorian period hall floor garden flat with impressive accommodation, a 57ft x 40ft south west facing walled garden with detached ‘garden pod’ and off- street parking. Bright and rather grand principle rooms accessed via a civilised dining hall with a 19ft x 16ft master bedroom with a bay to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, second double bedroom, a sumptuous drawing room 20ft x 19ft, kitchen/breakfast room with steps leading directly onto the rear garden, (lapsed planning permission to create a contemporary bay window to the rear) and a contemporary bathroom. Allocated driveway parking. A quite stunning rear garden 57ft x 40ft with a sunny south westerly aspect with gated pedestrian access to rear and a ‘log cabin’ garden room with the benefit of mains wc and basin. A perfect office retreat/work from home space. Set on the highly prized Fernbank Road in the heart of Redland and a stone’s throw from Chandos Road with a number of very well regarded neighbourhood eateries (Wilsons and Wilks to name a few), local pubs and cafes and a short walk to Whiteladies with a wide range of shopping and train links to Temple Meads.
- Grand Hall Floor Flat
- Very large South West Facing Garden
- Stunning Drawing Room
- 2 Double Bedrooms
- Garden Pod / Home office
- Off Street Parking
- Circa 1300 Sq ft
- Very desirable location
from the pavement cross the drive to stone steps which rise to the main communal entrance to the property. Directly in front find the private entrance door to this apartment.
ENTRANCE HALL: (25' 7'' x 7' 5'') (7.79m x 2.26m)
large and spacious entrance hall with high ceilings, detailed ceiling cornicing and doors leading off to all rooms, entry phone system, range of fitted storage cupboards including hanging rail with storage above, radiator, picture rail, deep skirting boards.
SEPARATE WC: (4' 10'' x 2' 10'') (1.47m x 0.86m)
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, radiator, extractor fan.
DRAWING ROOM: (19' 11'' into chimney recess x 19' 1'' into bay) (6.07m x 5.81m)
grand drawing room with high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornicing, picture rail, ceiling rose, large bay to the front elevation comprising 3 sash windows complete with working shutters, deep skirting, dresser style storage and shelves to either side of the chimney breast, coal effect gas fireplace with slate hearth and marble surround and mantel, radiator.
KITCHEN: (14' 5'' x 11' 1'') (4.39m x 3.38m)
a bright kitchen with wooden double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations which overlook the garden, recessed spotlights, range of wall and base units incorporating working surfaces, radiator, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, dishwasher, space for fridge, freezer and gas cooker. Extractor hood. Access to ceiling void. Tiled splashback. Double wooden doors open out onto iron steps leading into the private rear garden.
BEDROOM 1: (19' 1'' into bay & shallow recess x 16' 1'' min) (5.81m x 4.90m)
a stunning master bedroom with high ceilings, ornate cornicing and ceiling rose, picture rail, deep skirting boards and architrave, bay window to the rear elevation comprising 3 large sash windows complete with working shutters, period style fitted wardrobes to either side of the chimney breast, coal effect gas fireplace with tiled surround and marble mantel.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 3'' x 10' 3'' into chimney recess) (4.34m x 3.12m)
large sash window to rear elevation complete with working shutters, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, radiator, fitted wardrobe.
BATHROOM/WC: (8' 0'' x 7' 3'') (2.44m x 2.21m)
Porcelanosa fittings including bath, low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, shower cubicle with mains fed shower, partially tiled walls, heated towel rail, part obscured sash window to the side elevation, extractor fan.
PRIVATE REAR GARDEN: (approx. 57' 0'' x 40' 0'') (17.36m x 12.18m)
a quite stunning south westerly facing garden, enclosed on 3 sides via large stone walls. Laid with patio, lawn and deep borders containing a variety of shrubs, plants and trees. Door providing rear lane access. Further patio area with a westerly aspect perfect the evening sun and entertaining.
GARDEN POD: (overall measurements approx. 12' 10'' x 12' 3'') (3.91m x 3.73m)
briefly comprises hallway leading into office space and a wc with mains plumbing, wall mounted wash hand basin, extractor fan. Velux style skylight. Independent electrics. An excellent work from home space.
there is one allocated parking space on the driveway.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 8 October 1986. This information should be checked by your legal adviser. There is a rent charge of £7 p.a.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £45. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements.
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.