Falcon Close, Westbury-on-Trym
A large, impressive and well-presented 5 bedroom detached late 1930s family house in an elevated position, with extensive landscaped gardens, benefitting from off street parking and a garage. Convenient location just over 0.5 miles from Westbury on Trym village centre with its shops and facilities and Westbury on Trym C of E Primary School some 650 metres away, and with easy access into the city centre, Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village etc. or out of town to shopping complex at Cribbs Causeway and the M5 motorway junction 17. Ground Floor: reception hall, sitting room, family room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility, cloakroom/wc. First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family bathroom/wc no. 1. Second Floor: landing, loft style children's bedrooms 4 and 5, family bathroom/wc no. 2. Outside: tandem driveway parking for two cars, single garage. Front, side and rear gardens all beautifully landscaped and well tended with a number of interesting sitting out areas and secret pockets - a magical space. The subject of much improvement by the current vendors this is an excellent house finished to a high standard.
- A large, impressive and well presented detached late 1930s family house
- 5 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, 2 bathrooms
- Extensive landscaped gardens
- Off street parking and a garage
from the head of the cul-de-sac head up steps to the pretty front garden and find the solid wooden front door to the property with glazed insert, which opens into:-
RECEPTION HALL: ((circa 10' 10'' x 8' 10'' excluding staircase) (3.30m x 2.69m))
oak flooring, picture rail, radiator, inset floormat, two leaded light windows, oak doors lead off to the sitting room, family room, kitchen and cloakroom/wc, door to understairs storage cupboard and further door to cloaks cupboard, staircase with oak balustrade rising to first floor landing.
SITTING ROOM: ((15' 0'' x 12' 10'') (4.57m x 3.91m))
upvc double glazed windows to front and side elevations. Far reaching views across Westbury on Trym village. Brick fireplace, oak wooden stripped flooring, picture rail and radiator.
FAMILY ROOM: ((12' 10'' x 12' 9'') (3.91m x 3.88m))
upvc double glazed window in bay with colonial style shutters, built-in bookcase with cupboards beneath and further matching display cabinet with glazed doors and good storage space beneath, oak stripped flooring, radiator, wide opening into:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((18' 8'' x 10' 5'' and 11'0 x 9'7) (5.69m x 3.17m and 3.35m x 2.92m))
a large 'L' shaped room which is open plan and wraps around and in turn opens again into the family room to create a very sociable 'U' shaped living and entertaining space. Kitchen comprising base and wall mounted units with corian worksurfaces and upstands, 1 ½ bowl sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, space for large fridge, built-in oven and microwave oven, induction hob with extractor hood, built-in dishwasher, breakfast bar, ceiling downlighters, door leads back into the reception hall, door to utility and wide opening through to the breakfast/dining room with tiled flooring with underfloor heating throughout and benefitting from a lantern style double glazed skylight which pours light into this room with ceiling downlighters, double glazed bi-fold doors opening out onto the patio and so to the gardens beyond, further double glazed window to rear elevation.
UTILITY: ((6' 10'' x 5' 6'' including gas boiler cupboard) (2.08m x 1.68m))
plumbing for washing machine, Belfast sink with tiled splashback, low level and wall mounted units, stable style door to rear garden and door to Boiler Cupboard housing Vaillant wall mounted gas boiler.
low level wc and wall mounted miniature wash hand basin, tiling to 5'0/1.52m, small window, radiator, extractor fan.
upvc double glazed window with far reaching views and further stained glass double glazed window to rear elevation, oak doors radiate to bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 and to family bathroom, cupboard housing hot water tank.
BEDROOM 1: ((14' 7'' x 12' 10'') (4.44m x 3.91m))
upvc double glazed windows to front and side elevations, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: ((13' 1'' into bay x 13' 0'' into rear of built-in wardrobes) (3.98m x 3.96m))
upvc double glazed window to front elevation, picture rail, good range of built-in wardrobes, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((10' 0'' x 7' 8'') (3.05m x 2.34m))
upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator, picture rail.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: ((8' 9'' x 6' 2'') (2.66m x 1.88m))
white suite comprising low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin set in vanity unit with cupboards beneath, large bath with centrally located tap fittings and handheld shower spray, further separate shower cubicle with mains fed shower, wall tiling throughout, ceiling downlighters, double glazed window to side elevation and heated towel rail.
upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, eaves doors to loft areas, doors lead off to loft style children's bedrooms 4 and 5.
BEDROOM 4: ((8' 5'' x 7' 6'' with further bed recess) (2.56m x 2.28m))
built up into the eaves; upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, double glazed ceiling skylight to front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: ((7' 6'' x 5' 0'' with further bed recess) (2.28m x 1.52m))
built into the eaves; upvc double glazed window to side elevation, double glazed ceiling skylight, radiator, eaves storage/wardrobe.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC No. 2: ((7' 0'' x 4' 0'') (2.13m x 1.22m))
white suite comprising low level wc with concealed cistern, pedestal wash hand basin, bath with centrally located taps and mains fed shower over with shower shield, upvc double glazed window to side elevation, tiled floor and walls, ceiling downlighters, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
OFF STREET PARKING:
tandem driveway parking for two cars (with car charging point) in front of the garage.
GARAGE: ((14' 2'' x 9' 1'') (4.31m x 2.77m))
electrically operated roller shutter door, power and light. Door at the back of the garage leads into the garden.
beautiful and interesting landscaped gardens surround the property with the majority to the rear and side measured and described separately as follows:-
Main Rear Garden: ((circa 55' 0'' depth x 42' 0'' max/17'0 min width) (16.75m x 12.79m/5.18m))
brick and stone retaining walls, lawned section with sweeping pathway, numerous specimen shrubs, bushes and trees including a number of Acers, apple tree, banana plant and a bamboo stand, small raised pond, wooden climbing frame and storage shed. From this garden steps lead down via wooden side gate to small sitting out garden to the front of the property. From the other side a rose cage walkway leads through to the side garden (from which there are steps down to the rear door of the utility and outside tap).
Side Garden: ((irregular in shape circa 38' 0'' x 17' 0'') (11.57m x 5.18m))
beautifully landscaped with a number of carefully manicured box hedges, circular feature, further rose framework and mature wisteria, bay tree and fruit trees, fenced boundaries and high retaining wall. From this area slate steps lead down to:-
Sunken Patio: ((circa 14' 0'' x 9' 0'' irregular in shape) (4.26m x 2.74m))
paved sitting out area adjacent to the kitchen/breakfast room with steps down to barbecue area and door to rear of the garage.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an rent charge of £7.70. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.