Devonshire Road | Westbury Park
An exceptionally high quality and tastefully updated 5 bedroom (2 with en suite) period home located in a prime position for families, within easy reach of both Westbury Park and Redland Green School. Further benefiting from a magnificent bespoke extended kitchen/breakfast room, a landscaped rear garden with handy rear access and many retained original features.
Highly desirable location for families, within just 250 metres of Westbury Park Primary School and 700 metres of Redland Green Secondary School. Lovely local shops of Coldharbour Road, North View and Henleaze Road are also within a gentle stroll, as are the open green spaces of Redland Green Park and Durdham Downs. Bus connections to all central areas are also nearby.
Ground Floor: vestibule leads through into a welcoming entrance hallway with understairs storage, cloakroom/wc and useful utility room, through sitting room and family room, which also connects through into the fabulous 16ft x 13ft extended kitchen/breakfast room with walk in larder cupboard and a beautifully appointed kitchen accessing the landscaped rear garden.
First Floor: split landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4 with en suite shower room and bedroom 5.
Exceptional architect designed glass side return extension creating a fabulous and enviable kitchen/breakfast room.
A beautifully appointed period home in a wonderful location.
via tiled garden path leading beside a level courtyard front garden to the main entrance to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 5' 6'' x 3' 5'' (1.68m x 1.04m)
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, gas meter, electric meter and fuse box, inset floor mat and part glazed door leading through into the entrance hallway.
wonderful high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, staircase rising to first floor landing with understairs storage recess and understairs cloakroom/wc, door leads through to the through lounge and family room and the hallway continues down to the kitchen/breakfast room, where there is also a door off to a useful utility room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 15' 2'' max into bay x 13' 4'' (4.62m x 4.06m)
an elegant bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original cornicing and picture rail, wide bay to front comprising 4 sash windows, a period style fireplace with impressive white marble surround and mantle, engineered oak flooring, built in cabinets and open shelving to chimney recesses, contemporary upright radiator and wide wall opening connecting through to reception 2/family room.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: 12' 8'' x 10' 8'' (3.86m x 3.25m)
currently used a kid’s sitting/play room with high ceilings, engineered oak flooring, radiator and 2 steps lead down to the side return extension which connects through into a wonderful extended kitchen/breakfast room and has a wall opening through to a larder with built in drawers, open shelving and wine rack.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (rear) 16' 10'' max x 13' 7'' max (5.13m x 4.14m)
an incredible extended architect design kitchen/breakfast room with an incredibly high specification including bespoke kitchen by Arlberry Interiors comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with square edged white composite worktop over, integrated appliances include Siemens eye level oven and combination oven, induction hob and dishwasher. Central island with overhanging breakfast bar and built in drawers and storage. Fabulous glass side return extension floods the space with natural light, as do the tall slim profile framed sliding glass doors accessing the rear garden. Recess with plumbing and space for American style fridge/freezer, ample space for family dining room table and chairs and tiled flooring with system fed underfloor heating.
(accessed off the entrance hallway), this practical space offers plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, high ceilings with built in spotlights and various storage cupboards, one of which houses the pressurised hot water cylinder.
low level wc, small wall mounted wash basin with tiled splashback, tiled floor, inset spotlights and a radiator.
a split landing with doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/shower/wc, original staircase continues up to the second floor landing. Contemporary fixed glazed roof light panel and inset spotlights provide plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 17' 7'' max into chimney recess x 15' 0'' max into bay (5.36m x 4.57m)
a large principal double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and wide bay to front comprising 4 original sash windows with further sash window to side. Built in wardrobes, an attractive built fireplace with marble surround and mantle, radiators and door accessing:
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
stylish en suite shower room comprising an oversized shower enclosure with system fed dual headed shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash basin with 2 inset drawers beneath, tiled floor, part tiled walls, inset spotlights, extractor fan and heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 11' 4'' x 11' 0'' (3.45m x 3.35m)
a double bedroom with an attractive period fireplace, double glazed windows to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (middle) 11' 0'' max into chimney recess x 8' 11'' (3.35m x 2.72m)
high ceilings, period fireplace, double glazed window to rear and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 9' 5'' x 7' 3'' (2.87m x 2.21m)
white suite comprising double ended panelled bath with central mixer taps, oversized shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, double glazed window to side, inset spotlights and large Velux skylight window.
a large Velux skylight window to rear offering far reaching views over roof tops of neighbouring buildings towards the Bath/Lansdown Hills in the distance, doors lead off to bedroom 4 and bedroom 5.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 13' 3'' x 11' 1'' (4.04m x 3.38m)
a double bedroom with wide dormer to front comprising dual aspect front and side double glazed windows, an attractive period fireplace, a contemporary upright radiator and door accessing:
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
walk in shower with system fed shower and feature curved wall, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath, chrome effect heated towel rail, inset spotlight, extractor fan and Velux skylight windows.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) 10' 11'' max into chimney recess x 10' 2'' (3.32m x 3.10m)
a double bedroom with dormer to rear comprising double glazed windows offering a similar outlook as the landing, radiator and low level doors accessing eaves storage space.
a pretty courtyard front garden mainly laid to stone chippings with flower borders containing various shrubs and plants with a tiled pathway leading up to the main front door to the property.
Rear: approx 34' 0'' x 17' 0'' (10.36m x 5.18m)
a tastefully landscaped private rear garden mainly laid to lawn with well stocked flower borders, sand stone paved seating area, large raised planter containing an olive tree, concealed built in bike store and handy gated access out onto a useful vehicular width rear access lane, incredibly handy for bicycle access etc. There is composite decked stepped seating area closest to the property and an outside tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.