Cranbrook Road | Redland
Within 400m of Redland Green School - A classically proportioned 6 bedroom, 3 reception room Victorian period semi-detached family home with driveway parking for 2 cars (EV charging point) and a very pleasant 50ft south westerly facing rear garden.
Bright and large accommodation of circa 2,600 sq. ft, retaining many period features including ornate ceiling cornicing and stained glass windows and refurbished original wood sash windows to front.
The house is set in a very convenient location within a few hundred yards of Zetland Road/Gloucester Road offering a wide range of retailers, bars and restaurants. 500 metres to Redland train link (connecting Clifton and Temple Meads amongst others).
Local primary schooling is available at the popular Cotham Gardens and Dolphin School.
Ground Floor: vestibule, entrance hall, kitchen/dining room, sitting room, reception, study, workshop and utility room/downstairs wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bathroom/utility (lower mezzanine level) and bedroom 4 (upper mezzanine level).
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 5 and bedroom 6.
An exceptionally well-located family house with bright and sizeable accommodation with a sunny garden and parking.
- Within 400m of Redland Green School
- Victorian period semi-detached house
- 6 bedrooms
- 3 receptions
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Kitchen/dining room
- Circa 2,600 sq. ft
- Sunny south westerly garden
- 2 off street parking spaces
- EV charging point
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (7' 6'' x 3' 7'') (2.28m x 1.09m)
large entrance door with overlight and stained glass windows to either side, double doors with a full range of stained glass, black and white tessellated flooring, meter cupboards housing the electricity meter and fuse box and consumer unit on one side, and gas meter on the other, ceiling cornicing.
ENTRANCE HALL: (18' 2'' x 7' 6'' incl. of stairwell) (5.53m x 2.28m)
entrance hall with high ceiling, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, stairs rising to the first floor, doors opening into the sitting room, kitchen/dining room, study and reception. There is an understairs storage cupboard and butlers' pantry, radiator.
SITTING ROOM: (18' 6'' x 13' 11'' measured into chimney recess) (5.63m x 4.24m)
a lovely bright sunny room with high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornicing, central ceiling rose, impressive fireplace with coal-effect gas fire, wooden surrounded mantel, slate hearth, 2 radiators, large double-glazed double doors to rear elevation, large sash windows to either side and large overlight.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (front) (17' 10'' into bay x 13' 11'' into chimney recess) (5.43m x 4.24m)
a lovely big bright room with high ceiling, ornate ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose, bay window to the front elevation comprising 4 large sash windows with stained glass overlights, picture rail, radiator, range of wall and base units incorporating a solid wooden working surface, 5 ring Neff gas hob and extractor hood above, Smeg double oven and a gas powered Rayburn, space for large American style fridge/freezer, space and plumbing for dishwasher.
STUDY: (front) (14' 10'' x 9' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.52m x 3.02m)
perfect study/library or TV snug, high ceiling, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, large working period style fireplace, 2 large sash windows and stained glass overlights, radiator.
RECEPTION: (15' 4'' x 9' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.67m x 3.02m)
(currently more of a hobby room but could easily be adapted to become a dining room) double glazed window to the rear elevation, doorway into the workshop, cat flap, radiator, doorway into:-
WORKSHOP: (12' 1'' x 6' 6'') (3.68m x 1.98m)
double glazed window to the side elevation, vaulted ceiling, tiled floor, radiator, door into:-
UTILITY ROOM/DOWNSTAIRS WC: (10' 9'' x 6' 4'') (3.27m x 1.93m)
double glazed window and doors to the side elevation overlooking the rear garden, vaulted ceiling, sink unit and working surface, cupboards underneath, low level wc, tiled flooring.
LANDING: (14' 11'' x 7' 5'' overall incl. of stairwell) (4.54m x 2.26m)
doors leading off to all rooms, stairs rising to the top floor.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (17' 10'' into bay x 14' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.43m x 4.26m)
a generous main bedroom, high ceiling, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, range of fitted wardrobes, bay window to the front elevation comprising 4 large sash windows, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (15' 3'' x 13' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.64m x 4.24m)
currently being used as an additional study) a very sunny room with a south-westerly aspect at the rear, high ceiling, ceiling cornicing, period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, tiled lapels and hearth, radiator, 2 large sash double glazed windows to the rear elevation.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (14' 0'' x 10' 2'' into chimney recess) (4.26m x 3.10m)
high ceiling, picture rail, period fitted wardrobe, working cast iron fireplace, radiator, 2 sash windows to the front elevation.
BATHROOM/UTILITY: (10' 0'' x 9' 2'' into chimney recess) (3.05m x 2.79m)
(located at lower mezzanine level) low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, bath with shower and shower screen, radiator, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine. Airing Cupboard housing the gas boiler and hot water tank as well as plenty of storage space, double glazed window to rear elevation.
BEDROOM 4: (15' 5'' x 10' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.70m x 3.07m)
(located at upper mezzanine level) (currently used as a music room) large single pane double glazed tilt and turn window to rear elevation, radiator.
white suite comprising panelled bath, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, shower, tiled wall, heated towel rail, double glazed opaque window to side elevation.
LANDING: (10' 7'' x 7' 4'') (3.22m x 2.23m)
doors off to bedroom 5 and 6, access to roof storage space.
BEDROOM 5: (front) (19' 8'' x 7' 8'') (5.99m x 2.34m)
(measured to sloping ceiling height at 4'2/1.27m min) 2 double glazed skylights, access to eaves storage area, radiator and door.
BEDROOM 6: (9' 8'' x 9' 3'') (2.94m x 2.82m)
(measured to sloping ceiling height at 3'4/1.02m) skylight to rear elevation, radiator. Access to eaves storage and loft.
FRONT GARDEN: (25' 0'' width x 23' 0'' depth) (7.61m x 7.01m)
mainly laid as hardstanding which provides off-street parking for 2 cars, charging point for electric vehicle, high hedgerow border, access to the side via timber gate, outside lights, electric points and outside tap.
REAR GARDEN: (50' 0'' length x 25' 0'' width) (15.23m x 7.61m)
particularly pleasant and lovingly managed south-west facing rear garden which has a patio area immediately outside the sitting room double doors, lawned area, very well-stocked beds with a variety of apple trees, flowering plants, herbs, small pond, greenhouse. Towards the end of the garden is an organic vegetable plot with raised beds containing potatoes, onions, rhubarb, raspberries, blackberries, cherries and a number of others. Brick boundary wall on all sides, timber garden shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.