Cowper Road | Redland
A most attractive and surprisingly spacious (1522sq.ft) 3 double bedroom, 2 storey period home, tucked away in a cul-de-sac end, and enjoying lovely level front and rear gardens.
Light and airy accommodation with a tasteful interior and many retained original features.
Fabulous location within just 100 metres stroll of the highly regarded independent restaurants, cafes and shops of Chandos Road, whilst also being within easy reach of Cotham Hill, Whiteladies Road, excellent schools and all central areas of Bristol.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through into a welcoming entrance hallway with understairs storage and access down to a useful cellar/storage space. Wonderful bay-fronted sitting room overlooking the private front garden, with double doors providing a seamless, sociable connection through to the modern fitted kitchen/breakfast room, which in turn accesses the rear garden. A separate good sized second reception room (17’7” x 9’0) currently used as a home studio. Ground floor cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: spacious split landing with storage space and loft access, 3 good sized bedrooms, a family bathroom.
Outside: 30ft x 18ft level lawned front garden attracting much of the afternoon sunshine, as well as a 33ft level rear garden.
Storage cellar and loft space.
A charming and stylish period home.
- Attractive 3 bedroom Victorian period home
- Light, airy & spacious accommodation
- Charming & stylish interior
- Many retained period features
- Useful cellar & loft space
- Front & rear gardens
- Fabulous central Redland location
- Tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac
- Close to local shops, restaurants & amenities
- Council Tax Band D
via garden gate leading into the sunny south westerly facing lawned front garden where there is a tiled pathway leading up to the main front door.
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, inset floormat and part-glazed door leading through into the:-
original staircase rising to first floor landing, wonderful high ceilings with ceiling coving and original feature archway, exposed painted floorboards, period style radiator and doors off to the sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, reception 2, ground floor wc and door accessing a staircase down to the storage cellar.
SITTING ROOM: 16' 1'' x 14' 0'' (4.90m x 4.26m)
wonderful high ceilings with original ceiling coving, bay window to front comprising double-glazed windows with built-in plantation shutters, feature fireplace with inset log burning stove and wood surround and mantle, built-in book shelving and storage cabinets to chimney recesses, exposed painted floorboards, contemporary upright tubular radiator and double doors providing a sociable connection through to the kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 12' 10'' x 12' 6'' (3.91m x 3.81m)
a smart well-appointed kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with matt white units and wood block worktops over, central island with inset sink and overhanging breakfast bar providing seating. Integrated fridge/freezer, stainless steel oven and combi microwave, 4 ring gas hob, with chimney hood over, slimline dishwasher and space and plumbing for a washer/dryer. High ceilings with ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, and double-glazed door with double-glazed windows either side leading out to the rear garden.
RECEPTION ROOM 2: 17' 7'' x 9' 0'' (5.36m x 2.74m)
a good sized rear reception room (currently used as a home workspace/ studio) with high ceilings, double doors to side accessing the rear garden, further window to side, radiator.
low level wc.
There is a small cellar located beneath the entrance hallway and staircase, providing a useful storage space with a maximum head height of approx. 5’8”/1.73m where you will also find the gas meter, stop tap and electric meter and fuse box
a spacious landing with useful built-in linen/storage cupboards and doors off to all 3 bedrooms and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: 13' 1'' x 11' 10'' (3.98m x 3.60m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, exposed painted floorboards, radiator and double-glazed windows to front with built-in plantation shutters.
BEDROOM 2: 12' 9'' x 12' 7'' (3.88m x 3.83m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, picture rail, period fireplace, radiator and double-glazed window to rear.
BEDROOM 3: 10' 2'' x 9' 1'' (3.10m x 2.77m)
double bedroom with double-glazed window to side with working plantation shutters, radiator and exposed painted floorboards.
BATHROOM/WC: 9' 0'' x 6' 4'' (2.74m x 1.93m)
a white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, and oversized walk-in shower enclosure, built-in sink with storage cabinet beneath, high ceilings, double-glazed window to front with built-in plantation shutters, exposed painted floorboards, heated towel rail, loft hatch and high level wall mounted cupboard housing the Worcester gas central heating boiler.
Front: 30' 0'' x 18' 0'' (9.14m x 5.48m)
level lawned front garden with low level boundary walls and hedgerow. The garden enjoys much of the afternoon sunshine.
Rear: 33' 0'' x 20' 3'' (10.05m x 6.17m)
an L shaped level low maintenance rear garden mainly laid to paving with raised flower border and ample space for outdoor seating and entertaining.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.