Cotham Vale | Cotham/Redland borders
An exceptional Victorian townhouse with 4 double bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms, separate living room and a beautifully conceived kitchen/dining room with doors opening onto the south facing rear garden.
The stunning laid back and modern interior blends original character details – high ceilings, stripped wooden floorboards – with high quality and practical improvements including an architect designed kitchen/dining room with an extremely useful utility/wc, generous family bathroom with a freestanding bath and large walk-in shower, and a stunning ensuite to the principal bedroom.
The kitchen/dining room doors open out onto an extremely sunny courtyard and steps lead up to a town garden with lawn and raised bed borders.
The house is set in a central and very convenient location a short distance from Whiteladies Road, city centre and the academic and commercial districts. It is also walking distance to both Chandos Road and Cotham Hill, home to many of the highly regarded neighbourhood eateries, cafes and independent retailers.
- Exceptional Victorian townhouse
- Beautifully styled & modern interiors
- Many retained period features
- 4 generous double bedrooms
- 3 stylish bath / shower rooms
- Architect designed kitchen/dining room
- Sunny courtyard & town garden
- Central & convenient location
- Council Tax Band E
steps lead up to the entrance door.
glazed inner door leading to:-
stairs rising to the first floor with original balustrade and handrail, exposed wooden flooring, ceiling cornicing. Doors leading into the kitchen/dining room and sitting room. Door to useful cellar storage which provides good bicycle storage space.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 19' 6'' x 12' 8'' (5.94m x 3.86m)
(19’6” min/26’3” max in length x 18’5” max/12’8” wide) (5.94m/8.00m x 5.61m/3.86m) measured as one, but described separately as follows:-
very high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, fitted shelves to either side of chimney breast, exposed wooden flooring, contemporary radiator.
beautifully designed room with bi-fold sliding doors creating an exceptional inside/outside dining/living arrangement. Filled with light from skylight, the bi-fold doors and the south facing elevation. The kitchen is fitted with a good range of wall and base units incorporating composite working surfaces, sink unit and breakfast bar. Double glazed casement window to the rear elevation overlooking the courtyard and the rear garden. Bright contemporary yellow splashback tiles. 5 ring AEG induction hob with filter hood above, separate AEG double oven, space for large American style fridge/freezer. Tiled floor with underfloor heating. Recessed spotlights, hanging pendant lights. Door to:-
UTILITY: 6' 7'' x 6' 1'' (2.01m x 1.85m)
Velux double glazed skylight to the rear elevation. Range of units with wooden working surfaces, stainless steel sink and draining board, fitted shelving, continuation of tiled floor with underfloor heating. Low level wc. Space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and space for tumble dryer. Extractor fan, recessed spotlights.
SITTING ROOM: 15' 10'' x 14' 7'' (4.82m x 4.44m)
a lovely large bay window to the front elevation with wooden sash double glazed windows and pleasant views towards the top of Redland. High ceilings, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, exposed wooden flooring, contemporary radiator. Wood burning stove with ornate wooden surround and mantle and slate hearth.
doors leading off to bathroom and bedrooms 1 & 2. Wall light. Stairs rising to the top floor.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 1'' x 14' 1'' (4.90m x 4.29m)
a lovely big master bedroom with a lovely outlook, wide bay window with sash wooden double glazed windows, ornate ceiling cornicing, original distressed cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, ceiling cornicing, radiator, exposed wooden flooring. Partially glazed door to:-
En-Suite: 9' 0'' x 4' 10'' (2.74m x 1.47m)
opaque sash wooden double glazed window to the front elevation. Beautiful en-suite with low level wc, wash hand basin, marble tiled surround, fitted storage, large shower cubicle with marble tiles, continuation of marble tiled flooring, recessed spotlights.
BEDROOM 2: 13' 7'' x 12' 9'' (4.14m x 3.88m)
a very generous double bedroom with sash double glazed window to rear elevation, high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, exposed wooden flooring, radiator, painted cast iron fireplace with slate hearth.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 11' 11'' x 9' 10'' (3.63m x 2.99m)
a very generous and high quality bathroom with large double ended bath with freestanding taps and shower fitment, low level wc and wash hand basin with fitted storage, partially tiled walls, large shower cubicle with bright yellow tiles, extractor fan, wooden double glazed opaque window to rear elevation, heated towel rail. Storage/drying area.
double glazed skylight to the rear elevation, access to roof storage, exposed wooden flooring. Doors leading off to bedrooms 3 & 4. Fitted storage and boiler cupboard housing the gas boiler with large hot water tank and pressurised system.
BEDROOM 3: 12' 10'' x 11' 9'' (3.91m x 3.58m)
aluminium powder coated double glazed window to the front elevation with an incredible outlook along neighbouring gardens and towards the edge of the Downs. Painted wooden flooring, cast iron fireplace, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 12' 10'' x 12' 5'' (3.91m x 3.78m)
aluminium powder coated double glazed windows to rear elevation, painted cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, exposed wooden flooring, radiator.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 11' 11'' x 9' 10'' (3.63m x 2.99m)
Velux double glazed skylight to the front elevation, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin and corner shower cubicle, marble tiled floors and heated towel rail.
COURTYARD: 11' 0'' x 9' 0'' (3.35m x 2.74m)
with large modern tiles continuing to the courtyard. Really bright with a directly southerly aspect and painted rendered walls with herb borders. Steps lead up to:-
REAR GARDEN: 20' 0'' x 10' 0'' (6.09m x 3.05m)
with raised bed borders, lawn, stone walls and timber fenced boundary.
IMPORTANT REMARKS VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.