Cotham Side | Cotham
A large and very stylish 5 bedroom, 3 reception early Victorian period town house with a simple, relaxed, modern style and a wealth of charming period features.
The accommodation is stunning – light, spacious rooms all beautifully presented. Having been updated and renovated over the last 4 years by an architect with new bathrooms, kitchen, plumbing, heating and electrics – the house has retained its period charm with exposed wooden flooring, high ceilings, large sash windows, ceiling cornicing and fireplaces.
Set on a very pleasant side street and advantageously situated in the sought-after Bristol conservation area of Kingsdown & Cotham: central & convenient with so much in reasonable walking distance. Easy access for BBC, Whiteladies Rd, main hospitals, University, City Centre; Cotham Gardens Park, Cotham School & Colston’s are also nearby and a range of high quality independent schools is available within the area - the nearest, Bristol Grammar, is within 0.5 miles.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, drawing room, kitchen/dining room.
Lower Ground Floor: entrance hallway, reception room 2, reception room 3, utility room, shower room
First Floor: landing, bedroom 2, bedroom 1/home office, bathroom/wc
Second Floor: bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, shower room/wc
Outside: front garden circa 30ft x 22ft, rear garden circa 29ft x 24ft.
- Stylish Early Victorian period town house
- Wealth of period features
- Flexible accommodation
- Light & spacious rooms
- 5/6 Bedrooms
- 3/4 reception rooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Newly renovated & beautifully presented
- Desirable Cotham location
- Advantageously situated for local amenities
gateway opening into generous private front garden, pathway leads to the right hand side and a few steps rise to the original front door and overlight
impressive entrance hall with high ceilings, ceiling corning, period arch, arch stained glass opaque window to the side elevation, exposed wooden flooring, stairs rise and fall to the upper and lower floors, radiator and door into Sitting room and Kitchen/Dining room.
DRAWING ROOM: 15' 3'' x 15' 0'' (4.64m x 4.57m)
charming room with high ceilings and lots of natural light. There is ornate ceiling cornicing and original ceiling rose. Large bay window to the front elevation comprising 3 sash windows and working wooden shutters. Impressive period fireplace with original tiling. Exposed wooden flooring and radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 20' 5'' x 14' 8'' (6.22m x 4.47m)
very large, standout room with lots of natural light, high ceilings, ornate ceiling corning, 2 large sash windows to rear elevation with working wooden shutters, impressive marble fireplace with original tiling. There is continuation of exposed wooden flooring and a simple range of base unit with working surfaces, sink unit, mixer tap, AEG 4 ring gas hob and electric oven with filter/extractor hood over, space for tall fridge/freezer and dishwasher. There is a casement window to the side elevation and a large storage cupboard with fitted shelves.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
opaque glazed doorway to side elevation giving access to the rear garden and to the front. Continuation of exposed wooden flooring, radiator, door to downstairs wc/shower and reception rooms 2 and 3. Useful understairs storage area housing the large pressurised hot water tank and further storage with the gas boiler, fuse box and electricity and gas meters.
RECEPTION ROOM 2: 14' 7'' x 14' 7'' (4.44m x 4.44m)
wide bay with 3 sash windows and working wooden shutters, continuation of wooden flooring, stone fireplace with original tiling, radiator.
RECEPTION ROOM 3: 14' 7'' x 13' 6'' (4.44m x 4.11m)
multi-paned sash window to rear elevation overlooking the back garden, period-style fireplace, continuation of wooden flooring, radiator, door accessing useful storage cupboard and into:
with butcher block wooden work surface, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, mounted ceramic sink and mixer tap, partially tiled walls, casement window to rear elevation, radiator.
casement window to side elevation, radiator, low-level wc, wall-mounted wash handbasin, corner tiled shower cubicle with electric shower over, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
doors opening into Bedrooms 1, 2 and the shower/wc. Stairs rise to the top floor and the landing is illuminated via a large roof light.
BEDROOM 2: 15' 6'' x 12' 10'' (4.72m x 3.91m)
elegant main bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, large window to the front elevation, continuation of exposed wooden flooring, radiator, original fireplace with tiling and slate hearth, door to a useful storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 1/HOME OFFICE: 20' 6'' x 14' 7'' (6.24m x 4.44m)
stunning room with 2 large multipaned sash windows to the rear elevation, continuation of exposed wooden flooring, ceiling cornicing, and 2 radiators.
partially opaque glazed sash window to front elevation, low-level wc, wall-mounted wash handbasin with storage drawers underneath, large shower cubicle with partial tiling, overhead shower with handheld shower fitment, radiator.
access to bedrooms 3, 4, 5, shower/wc and access to roof storage. Lovely bright area with large skylight above.
BEDROOM 3: 15' 5'' x 13' 10'' (4.70m x 4.21m)
double glazed sash window to the front elevation, continuation of exposed wooden flooring, period tiled fireplace, useful storage cupboard and radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 14' 10'' x 12' 11'' (4.52m x 3.93m)
multipaned sash window to the rear elevation, continuation of exposed wooden flooring, radiator, useful storage cupboard and period tiled fireplace.
BEDROOM 5: 14' 9'' x 8' 1'' (4.49m x 2.46m)
multipaned sash window to the rear elevation, continuation of exposed wooden flooring, radiator, period fireplace with slate hearth
partially obscured multipaned sash window to the front elevation, low-level wc, wall-mounted wash handbasin and storage drawers underneath, bath with handheld shower fitment and radiator
FRONT GARDEN: 30' 0'' x 22' 0'' (9.14m x 6.70m)
private front garden with lawned area, and ample space for large trampoline (if required). Benefits from a sunny south westerly aspect.
REAR GARDEN: 29' 0'' x 24' 0'' (8.83m x 7.31m)
side access with steps, mainly laid as lawn with stone wall borders
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.