Cotham Park | Cotham
Sold Discreetly - An attractive and outstanding 8 double bedroom 3 reception room late Victorian period detached family house, plus a 2 bedroom detached coach house.
Occupying an elevated and commanding position with views down Cotham Park and across the city, this large and spacious (over 5,000 sq. ft.) residence offers civilised and balanced accommodation throughout.
Wonderful room proportions and an abundance of period features add to this property’s overwhelming sense of space and grandeur.
Convenient central location, Cotham Secondary School and Cotham Gardens Primary School within a matter of 200 or so metres, handy for Whiteladies Road, university/hospital areas, BBC and Redland train station.
Ground Floor: vestibule, reception hall, drawing room, sitting room, 32ft kitchen/breakfast room, inner lobby, hobby room/study, utility, wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2 with dressing room, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, laundry/former shower room, family bathroom/wc no. 1, cloakroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 5, bedroom 6, bedroom 7, bedroom 8, family bathroom/wc no.2.
Outside: off street parking for at least three vehicles within the grounds, front garden, side/rear garden – roughly triangular in layout with maximum depth and width of 70ft x 70ft (including patio/parking area).
Detached Coach House: a well presented, 2 double bedroom home with kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room and shower room/wc, over two floors and with patio garden. Ideal for dependant relatives, independent teenagers, working from home/home office, income producing rental unit, and so on.
All sold with no onward chain so a prompt move.
- An attractive 8 double bedroom, 3 reception room late Victorian period detached family house
- PLUS a 2 bedroom detached coach house
- Large and spacious (over 5,000 sq.ft.) residence in an elevated and commanding position
- An abundance of period features
- Convenient central location
- Off street parking for at least three vehicles
- Front garden, side/rear garden - roughly triangular in layout
- Sold Discreetly
pass between solid wooden gates, across the driveway through the front garden and up steps to solid wooden front door to the property which opens into:-
ceiling cornice and centre rose, dado rail, original decorative period stone floor, stained glass wooden door with matching stained glass surrounds, opens into:
decorative ceiling cornice and centre rose, dado rail, stripped wooden floorboards, stripped wooden doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and further part glazed side door opens onto the garden. Cast iron radiators, understairs storage cupboard and further shallow cupboards housing fuses and electricity meters. Staircase rises to first floor landing.
DRAWING ROOM: (front) 21' 2'' x 15' 11'' (6.45m x 4.85m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, picture rail, large 3 sash bow window to the front elevation, cast iron radiators, stripped wooden floorboards, impressive period style fireplace with cast iron surround and tiled reveals and slate hearth.
SITTING ROOM: 21' 7'' x 15' 11'' (6.57m x 4.85m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, large 3 sash bow window to the front elevation, cast iron radiators, period fireplace with marble surround, cast iron insert and tiled reveals and slate hearth. Stripped wooden floorboards.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 32' 2'' x 14' 9'' (9.80m x 4.49m)
ceiling cornice and 2 large ceiling roses, picture rail, oak floorboards, large 5 sash box bay window overlooking the garden and further sash window to the rear, large stone fireplace surround with 4 oven gas Aga with black granite side work surfaces. Kitchen units with granite work surfaces and tiled splashback and 1½ bowl sink unit with mixer tap and drainer and plumbing for dishwasher. Range of cabinets, shelves and large dresser unit with storage and further shelving facility and separate larder cupboard. (The dresser nearest the window will not remain). Stripped wooden door leads off to recessed cupboard with shelving and high level window.
drawers and open shelving unit and door to:-
HOBBY ROOM/STUDY: 7' 10'' x 5' 10'' (2.39m x 1.78m)
stripped wooden floorboards and sash window to the side elevation, radiator.
UTILITY: 12' 0'' x 11' 10'' (3.65m x 3.60m)
period tiled floor, Belfast sink with mixer tap and wooden drainer unit, radiator, sash window to the side elevation and sliding wooden door to rear lobby and 2 further doors, one to the wc and the other is a part glazed external door to the rear elevation.
wc with high level cistern and wash hand basin and window to the side elevation.
staircase rises from the ground floor with stripped wooden balustrade with half landing with large sash window which offers far reaching city views. The first floor landing has stripped wooden floorboards, dado rail, cast iron radiator and stripped wooden doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and staircase rises to second floor landing. Large linen/airing cupboard with Mega Flo hot water tank and shelving for linen.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 21' 2'' x 15' 11'' (6.45m x 4.85m)
ceiling cornice, 3 sash bow window to front elevation, impressive period fireplace with marble surround and cast iron insert and black granite hearth, 2 radiators, stripped wooden floorboards.
BEDROOM 2: 17' 7'' x 15' 11'' (5.36m x 4.85m)
ceiling cornice, 3 sash bow window to front elevation, period style fireplace with cast iron surround and tiled hearth, stripped wooden floorboards and 2 radiators and stripped wooden door opens into:-
Dressing Room: 14' 4'' x 6' 11'' (4.37m x 2.11m)
sash window to front elevation, dresser style unit with cupboards and open shelving and radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 18' 6'' x 14' 9'' (5.63m x 4.49m)
ceiling cornice, large 5 sash box bay window to side elevation with far reaching city views. Fireplace with wooden surround and cast iron insert and tiled reveals and slate hearth, 2 radiators, stripped wooden floorboard.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) 14' 11'' x 12' 1'' (4.54m x 3.68m)
ceiling cornice, sash window to rear elevation, stripped wooden floorboards and radiator.
LAUNDRY/FORMER SHOWER ROOM:
sash window to side elevation, work surface with stainless steel sink and drainer and mixer tap, tiled splashback, radiator, stripped wooden floorboards, non-functioning shower unit with tiled surrounds.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC No.1:
ceiling cornice and centre rose, sash window to rear elevation with far reaching rooftop views. Claw foot roll top bath, corner shower with tiled surround and mains fed shower with drench rose, wash hand basin, wc, period fireplace with cast iron surround, tiled reveals and slate hearth, stripped wooden floorboards, heated towel rail, cast iron radiator.
sash window to side elevation, wall tiling to dado level, tiled floor, wc with high level cistern and wall mounted wash hand basin.
staircase with stripped wooden handrail and balustrade rises from the first floor landing via half landing with high level arch window with far reaching city views, to second floor landing with dado rail, radiator, ceiling roof hatch, and stripped wooden doors lead off to all rooms on this floor.
BEDROOM 5: (front) 16' 7'' x 15' 1'' (5.05m x 4.59m)
arched window to front elevation and further Velux to side elevation, built in shelved corner cupboard and further storage cupboard. Radiator, stripped wooden floorboards.
BEDROOM 6: (front) 16' 5'' x 14' 1'' (5.00m x 4.29m)
arched window to front elevation and further Velux window to side elevation, corner cupboard with shelving, stripped wooden floorboards and radiator.
BEDOOM 7: (side) 15' 11'' x 11' 7'' (4.85m x 3.53m)
double arched windows to side elevation, period style fireplace with cast iron surround and tiled hearth, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator, cupboard to eaves and further large walk in storage cupboard (8’11” x 7’9”) (2.71m x 2.37m) with stripped wooden floorboards and radiator.
BEDROOM 8: 11' 5'' x 9' 11'' (3.48m x 3.02m)
arched window to side elevation with far reaching city views, stripped wooden floorboards and radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC No. 2:
pedestal wash hand basin, wc and bath in tiled surround with tongue and groove wooden panels, radiator, painted floorboards and arched window with the most wonderful far reaching city roof top views.
FRONT GARDEN 34' 0'' x 24' 0'' (10.36m x 7.31m)
mainly laid to lawn with pennant stone pathway and stone front boundary wall with flower bed containing a number of bushes, plants, shrubs and trees. Gate provides access to side walkway which in turn provides access to the Coach House which is found at the rear.
(irregular in shape – almost triangular with max measurements inclusive of patio/driveway of circa 70ft x 70ft) (21.34m x 21.34m) mainly laid to lawn with flagstone patio closest to the house (which also doubles to provide off street parking close to the gates) and decked area and extensive flowerbeds with numerous flowing plants, shrubs, bushes and trees including an impressive Acer, Cherry, Gum Tree and Wisteria. Fenced boundaries and to the rear there is a further fencing beyond which is the coach house. Access to the back of the house and to the cellar.
OFF STREET PARKING:
off street parking for at least three cars on the flagstone driveway within the garden.
accessed externally via a door in the rear elevation which opens into a central room with large Vaillant gas boiler. Off this useful storage room are 2 further storage areas and further undercroft beneath a good section of the house. The lower floor rooms have a restricted head height of just under 6ft/1.83m in most parts.
DETACHED COACH HOUSE
via side pathway leading from the front alongside the main house to upvc front door which opens into:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 13' 3'' x 12' 2'' (4.04m x 3.71m)
newly fitted kitchen with a good range of base and wall mounted units with slate work surface with electric oven and gas hob, plumbing for washing machine, tiled splashbacks, built in Bosch dishwasher and built in fridge and freezer. Upvc window, oak flooring, area for dining, radiator, cupboard housing Vaillant gas boiler and wide opening into:
SITTING ROOM: (21' 4'' x 13' 2'') (6.50m x 4.01m)
oak flooring, upvc double glazed windows to side elevation and upvc double glazed doors opening onto courtyard garden. High level fuse board, radiator, stairs rise to first floor landing.
ceiling skylight, doors radiate to all rooms on this floor.
BEDROOM 1: (13' 4'' x 12' 1'') (4.06m x 3.68m)
upvc double glazed window, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 2'' x 11' 0'') (4.31m x 3.35m)
upvc double glazed window, radiator and further obscured glass panel.
shower unit with Mira mains fed shower in tiled surround and shower shield, pedestal wash hand basin, low level wc, obscure glass upvc double glazed window, heated towel rail.
sitting out patio garden with flower bed and fenced surrounds.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, contact us on 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
It is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: G