Clifton Wood Terrace, Cliftonwood
A rare and special 6 bedroom grade II listed period Clifton home with 4,907 sq. ft. of sympathetically renovated accommodation arranged over 3 floors. Dating back to the 18th Century, this impressive historic residence retains many original features, whilst enjoying the practical benefits of gated off road parking for multiple cars, a garage, sunny level gardens and breath taking views.
Tucked away on a private road in a discreet yet highly convenient location on a private road in the heart of Cliftonwood between Bristol's harbourside and Clifton Village, whilst enjoying tranquillity and a lovely leafy outlook, making it the best of both worlds.
Ground Floor: reception hallway with beautiful period staircase and fireplace, wonderful bay fronted family sized kitchen/breakfast room leading through into an adjoining dining room/reception 2 with double doors leading out onto a generous paved seating area, good sized utility room/wc and staircase descending to vaulted storage cellars.
First & Second Floors: split landing, exquisite bay fronted drawing room, bedroom 2, bedroom 4, bedroom 6/study and shower room/wc. Two staircases ascend to the second floor where the principal staircase leads onto a landing with access to an impressive master suite with walk in dressing area and en suite bathroom/shower/wc, further staircase to attic spaces offering further potential for conversion (subject to any necessary consents). The rear staircase ascends to a landing where there are two further double bedrooms and a shower room/wc.
Gardens: the property enjoys tiered level gardens. The lower section of garden closest to the property is perfect for outdoor entertaining and dining and has steps up to a 43ft x 30ft level lawned garden framed with stone boundary walls and fabulous cityscape views. Steps lead up to the upper tier where the current owners have planted a vineyard which basks in the southerly daylight.
Parking & Garaging: the property has the rare advantage of gated driveway parking for at least 4 cars on the front courtyard (50ft x 26ft) and has flower borders surrounding and double doors accessing an L shaped single garage/store with a sedum grass roof.
A truly spectacular period family home in a wonderful area of the city.
- A rare and special grade II listed period home
- Discreet yet highly convenient location
- 4907 sq ft of accommodation arranged over 3 floors
- 6 bedrooms (1 with en-suite)
- 2 reception rooms and a wonderful Kitchen/breakfast room
- Breath taking views towards Ashton Court
- Driveway parking four several cars plus a garage
- Sunny, tiered level gardens
via the main front door leading into the entrance hallway, or alternatively via the gated vehicular entrance into the courtyard providing ample off road parking.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: ((16' 11'' x 9' 1'') (5.15m x 2.77m))
a generous welcoming reception hallway with an elegant period staircase rising through the building, stone tiled floor, cast iron period style radiator, attractive period fireplace, and door leading off to the kitchen/dining room. The hallway continues under the stairs through to a central inner hallway with a walk in boot/cloaks cupboard (also accessing the cellars), further doors leading off to the dining room/reception 2 and useful utility room/wc. Period cast iron fire and flagstone floors.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((20' 10'' max into bay x 19' 8'') (6.35m x 5.99m))
a wonderful large sociable kitchen/breakfast room with a bespoke fitted kitchen with granite work counters over and large central island with over hanging breakfast bar on two sides, dual Siemens stainless steel ovens with induction hob over, integrated fridge and Siemens dishwasher, further appliance space and plumbing for American style fridge/freezer, various cupboards and drawers, wine rack and book shelving. Magnificent wide bay to front with sash windows, working wooden shutters and a lovely outlook over the ground level garden and courtyard. High ceilings with ceiling coving, inset spotlights, exposed period floorboards, period style radiator and doorway connecting through to the dining room/reception 2.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: ((18' 6'' x 17' 2'' max into recessed nook/11'6 min) (5.63m x 5.23m/3.51m))
a good sized reception room with dual aspect windows to front and side and large part glazed double doors providing a seamless access out onto the paved seating area of the lower section of garden. Impressive fireplace with inset log burning stove, door to rear accessing the garden, period style radiators, useful deep recessed storage cupboards.
UTILITY/WC: ((9' 9'' max incl. of boiler cupboard x 9' 5'') (2.97m x 2.87m))
a good sized utility space with plumbing for washing machine, low level cupboards with wood worktop over with inset ceramic sink, sliding mirrored doors access a large boiler cupboard housing the Viessmann gas boiler and pressurised hot water cylinder. Further appliance space for dryer with cabinets beside and beneath, tiled floor, obscure glazed window to rear and chrome effect heated towel rail.
shelving, coat hooks and low level doors accessing a staircase descending to the cellar.
stairs lead down to vaulted cellar storage space.
a split landing with doors off to the drawing room and bedroom 6/study to the front and bedroom 2, bedroom 4 and shower room/wc to the rear. Both landings have separate staircases rising to the top floor landing.
DRAWING ROOM: ((front) (20' 9'' max into bay x 19' 8'') (6.32m x 5.99m))
a breath taking first floor drawing room flooded with natural light provided by the wide bay to the front and further southerly window to side offering a leafy outlook towards Bristol harbourside and Ashton Court Estate. High ceilings with ornate decorative cornicing, period sash windows with exposed stripped working shutters and an exceptional period fireplace give this special room a lovely atmosphere, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiator and low level wood panelling.
BEDROOM 2: ((29' 11'' x 12' 2'' max into chimney recess) (9.11m x 3.71m))
a large double bedroom with dual aspect sash windows to front and side, with the front window overlooking the raised level lawned garden and offering lovely roof top views towards Ashton Court in the distance. High ceilings with ceiling coving, period style radiator, stripped pine double doors access a recessed wardrobe.
BEDROOM 4: ((9' 9'' x 9' 7'' max into chimney recess) (2.97m x 2.92m))
a double bedroom with sash window to rear, high ceilings with ceiling coving and a period style radiator.
BEDROOM 6/STUDY: ((9' 4'' x 8' 7'') (2.84m x 2.61m))
period sash window to side, high ceilings and a low level period window.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: ((7' 5'' x 5' 6'') (2.26m x 1.68m))
a white suite comprising a walk in shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin with cabinets beneath and granite counter over, part tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan and a period style window to rear.
a door accessing the principal bedroom suite and further door accessing a staircase leading up into the attic storage space.
BEDROOM 1: ((20' 0'' x 16' 3'' into bay + 8'2 x 5'9) (6.09m x 4.95m + 2.49m x 1.75m))
a stunning principal bedroom with dual aspect sympathetic double glazed timber framed windows to the front and side with working wooden shutters and window seating beneath offering a wonderful vista over the roof tops of the surrounding area towards the Ashton Court Estate and over the harbourside (in winter months when leaves have dropped from the neighbouring wooded area). Impressive period cast iron fireplace with high level surround and mantle, door accessing recessed understairs storage cupboard, dado rail, inset spotlights, period style radiators, feature archway into dressing area with built in wardrobes and door accessing:
En Suite Bathroom/WC: ((9' 3'' x 8' 1'') (2.82m x 2.46m))
a white suite comprising panelled bath, an oversized corner shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, oval sink set into a floating counter with storage drawer, further wall mounted cupboards, tiled floor, part tiled walls, timber framed double glazed window to side, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
a large skylight window flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light and doors off to bedroom 3 and bedroom 5.
BEDROOM 3: ((20' 1'' x 12' 3'' max into chimney recess) (6.12m x 3.73m))
a large double bedroom with dual aspect windows to front and side, period fireplace, cast iron period style radiator, tall exposed stripped pine double doors access a recessed wardrobe.
BEDROOM 5: ((10' 10'' x 9' 5'' max into chimney recess) (3.30m x 2.87m))
a double bedroom with sash window to rear, period style cast iron radiator.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: ((7' 7'' x 5' 10'') (2.31m x 1.78m))
a white suite comprising walk in shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with storage cabinets beside and beneath with granite counter over, part tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan and chrome effect heated towel rail.
there is a staircase leading up into a boarded attic with 2 adjoining storage areas with dormer windows to rear, offering potential for conversion, if required and subject to any necessary consents.
DRIVEWAY OFF STREET PARKING & GARAGE: ((approx. 50' 0'' x 26' 0'') (15.23m x 7.92m))
there is a generous paved frontage providing ample off road parking with flower borders and an attractive south facing brick wall with espalier climbers and fruit trees. To the right hand side of the driveway there is a gated L shaped garage.
L shaped single garage with double doors accessed from the front and off the courtyard seating area closest to the property. This garage provides valuable storage for bicycles, sports equipment etc.
beside the gated parking forecourt there is an arbour leading through to a level lawned front garden with garden pond and a good-sized paved seating area closest to the dining room, providing a lovely space for outdoor seating and entertaining. Steps rise up from this area to:
Raised Level Garden: ((approx. 43' 0'' x 30' 0'') (13.10m x 9.14m))
level lawned garden framed with attractive period boundary walls with a southerly orientation taking in wonderful roof top views towards Bristol’s harbourside and Ashton Court. Further steps lead up to a top tier of garden where the owners have planted a small vineyard which is south facing and has the most amazing southerly views.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £14 p.a.. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.