Cavendish Road, Henleaze
To be sold for the first time in more than 50 years and now to close an estate: a generously proportioned 6 bedroom, 4 reception room, bay fronted Edwardian period semi-detached family home of circa 2,400 sq.ft., located on a quiet and popular tree-lined road in the heart of Henleaze. Having double car port, work shop and large 85ft south facing rear garden. A much loved family home now in need of modernisation and offering an exciting blank canvas opportunity. Highly sought after location close to the Downs and within a short level stroll of the shops, cafes and amenities of Henleaze Road, also within 600 metres of Elmlea Junior/Infant School, St Ursula’s Primary School and Henleaze Infant and Junior School, as well as being on the doorstep of independent schools such as Red Maids and Badminton Girl’s School. Ground Floor: entrance porch, reception hall, drawing room with en-suite shower room, sitting room, study, dining room, kitchen, separate wc. First Floor: landing, 4 bedrooms, bathroom, separate wc. Second Floor: part galleried landing, 2 further bedrooms (6 in total), useful loft storage room. Outside: pretty front gardens (24ft x 19ft), level south facing rear garden (85ft x 25ft) with brick pavioured driveway, double car port and workshop.
- To be sold for the first time in more than fifty years.
- Semi-detached Edwardian period family home.
- 6 bedrooms and 4 reception rooms.
- Circa 2,400 sq.ft.
- In need of modernisation.
- Exciting blank canvas opportunity.
- 85ft south facing rear garden.
- Double carport and workshop.
- Sought after tree-lined road close to Henleaze high street.
- To be sold with no onward chain.
from the pavement, there is a dwarf stone wall with wrought iron pedestrian gate opening onto a brick pavioured pathway leading alongside the house to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with stained glass fanlight and wall mounted lantern light, opening to:-
ENTRANCE PORCH: 9' 10'' x 3' 7'' (2.99m x 1.09m)
tiled flooring, raised height sloping ceiling, 2 raised height windows to the side elevation, additional window to the rear elevation, wall light point. Part stained glass door with matching side panels and overllights, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: 17' 8'' x 12' 0'' (5.38m x 3.65m)
a most welcoming and spacious entrance, having an elegant easy rising staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. 10ft ceiling height with simple moulded cornicing, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point. Door to CLOAKROOM CUPBOARD: with handing rail and shelving plus wall light point. Doors with moulded architraves, opening to:
DRAWING ROOM: 16' 2'' x 13' 1'' max measurements jincluding en suite shower room (4.92m x 3.98m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising 4 double windows, period fireplace, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, 3 wall light points, radiator. Door to:-
En Suite Shower Room:
wet room style shower with wall mounted electric shower unit and hand held shower attachment, low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, urinal. Heated towel rail/radiator, wall mounted mirror with integral lighting, wall tiling, extractor fan, ceiling light point. N.B. This shower room was a recent addition and was created very much in mind that someone may wish to remove it and re-create the original drawing room.
STUDY: 16' 2'' x 7' 1'' (4.92m x 2.16m)
a pair of sash windows to the front elevation, period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
SITTING ROOM: 18' 6'' x 12' 8'' max into bay window (5.63m x 3.86m)
double glazed bay window overlooking the rear garden and enjoying a sunny southerly orientation, period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, radiator. Door to:-
DINING ROOM: 15' 10'' x 8' 11'' (4.82m x 2.72m)
window overlooking the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side, illuminate strip light, Potterton gas fired boiler (due to be serviced in June 2021). Door returning to the reception hall. Part glazed door, opening to:-
KITCHEN: 17' 7'' x 7' 3'' (5.36m x 2.21m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets. Roll edged marble effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling, stainless steel sink with draining boards to either side. Integral electric oven and 4 ring induction hob. Space and plumbing for washing machine, space for dishwasher and space for tall fridge/freezer. Double glazed windows to the side elevation, radiator, illuminate strip lights. Multi-paned door opening to:-
window to the rear elevation, part glazed upvc double glazed door opening externally to the rear garden. Sliding door to:-
low level flush wc, inset ceiling downlight, small window to the rear elevation.
tall moulded skirting, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, staircase ascending to the second floor enjoying plenty of natural light via skylight window. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 19' 11'' x 137' 4'' (6.07m x 41.83m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising 4 sash windows with secondary glazing, painted ornate cast iron fireplace with decorative tiled slips, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, 2 radiators, ceiling light point, illuminate strip light. Vanity unit with ceramic sink plus cupboards and drawers below. Internal door to bedroom 6
BEDROOM 2: 18' 9'' x 12' 7'' max into bay window (5.71m x 3.83m)
double glazed bay window overlooking the rear garden comprising 3 windows, twin double opening built in wardrobes with cupboards above (one with wash hand basin), tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, 2 radiators, ceiling light point, 2 wall light points.
BEDROOM 3: 15' 10'' x 8' 11'' (4.82m x 2.72m)
double glazed window overlooking the rear garden, period fireplace, built in wardrobes with cupboards above (one housing hot water cylinder), moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 6: 16' 2'' x 7' 1'' (4.92m x 2.16m)
a pair of sash windows to the front elevation with radiator below, period fireplaces with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Internal door through to bedroom 1.
BATHROOM: 6' 6'' x 4' 4'' (1.98m x 1.32m)
panelled bath with wall mounted electric shower over, pedestal wash hand basin, obscure glazed sash window to the side elevation with secondary glazing, radiator, ceiling light point.
low level flush wc, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
enjoying plenty of natural light via the aforementioned skylight window, moulded skirtings, dado rail, doors to:-
BEDROOM 4: 15' 11'' x 8' 11'' (4.85m x 2.72m)
dormer style window to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: 14' 5'' x 10' 6'' (4.39m x 3.20m)
dormer style window to the side elevation, skylight window, radiator, ceiling light point. Useful eaves storage space.
USEFUL LOFT STORAGE ROOM: 11' 6'' x 7' 7'' (3.50m x 2.31m)
part restricted head height door into and ceilings within. Skylight window.
FRONT GARDEN: 24' 0'' x 19' 0'' (7.31m x 5.79m)
a pretty front garden with shaped lawn and deep shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Brick pavioured pathway leading to the front door which continues alongside the house giving access to:-
REAR GARDEN: 85' 0'' x 25' 0'' (25.89m x 7.61m)
enjoying a sunny southerly orientation and a good amount of privacy being enclosed by brick walls on all three sides with wooden fencing above. Immediately to the rear of the house there is a level shaped lawn with beautiful shrub borders featuring an established an array of climbing plants, roses and fruit bushes (including loganberries, gooseberries and raspberries). Half way along the garden on the left are double opening vehicular gates which open onto a brick pavioured driveway providing additional off street parking and leading to the double car port. There are three apple, two pear and a cherry tree.
DOUBLE CAR PORT: 16' 8'' x 15' 9'' (5.08m x 4.80m)
sloping Perspex roof and exposed wooden beams, light point.
WORK SHOP: 14' 6'' x 9' 0'' (4.42m x 2.74m)
windows to the front and side elevations, sloping Perspex roof with exposed beams, light and power connected.
VIEWEING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.