Canynge Square, Clifton
A spacious 2 bedroom period apartment of over 1200 sq. ft set within an impressive Grade II listed Neoclassical detached building on one of Clifton’s most prestigious roads enviably close to Clifton Village. With its own private entrance, full size windows, high ceilings and additional storage rooms, the apartment offers well-arranged accommodation in a most refined and exclusive position.
This substantial two double bedroom basement flat has its own private entrance, high ceilings and original features. Located in Canynge Square, one of Bristol's most sought after locations, and set directly opposite Canynge Square Park garden which is open to the public and maintained by the council and residents committee, it is just a short walk into Clifton Village, and its eclectic mix of boutique shops, bars and restaurants.
Forming part of an impressive Grade II listed Neoclassical attached house with a double depth plan built circa 1845, the apartment has a dining space adjacent to the kitchen, small study room, spacious sitting room and further stores and utility area which could be converted to a third bedroom, unlocking an investment opportunity with right planning consent. Total floor area of approximately 1260 sq ft (117m2).
Location: Canynge Square was built between 1842 and 1853 at the end of the Georgian era and start of the Victorian period and is an enclave of attractive and prestigious town houses that surround a central communal garden that acts as a point of interest that binds this strong community together. The active Canynge Square residents association manage the central gardens and organise various social events throughout the year, these include annual Fireworks display, Summer Picnic and Safari Supper. As well as its close proximity to the boutique shops and restaurants of Clifton Village and the open space of Christchurch Green the property is also convenient for access to the city centre and Bristol Temple Meads station (within 2 miles) and good state and private schools are located within walking distance not least Clifton College, Clifton High School and Christchurch Primary School.
Hard wooden flooring throughout the hallways and sitting room with flagstone flooring in the utility area.
Unusually high ceilings for a basement apartment of nearly 3 metres in the principal rooms.
Set within the Clifton Village (CV) Residents Parking Scheme.
Flat is notable for its superb location, excellent size and great potential.
Sold with no onward chain – making a prompt move possible.
- Spacious 2 bedroom apartment
- Impressive Neoclassical period building
- Located on prestigious Clifton road
- Own private entrance
- High ceilings and period features
- Separate kitchen dining room
- Additional utility and useful store rooms with potential
- Attractive communal Square garden
- Wooden Flooring
- Sold with no onward chain
from the square, a decorative wrought iron gate provides access on to front pathway with the door straight head providing communal access to the four upper flats within the building. Further wrought iron gate leads to a flight of 12 steps down to the courtyard with extends around on 3 sides of the property. Private entrance with 6 panelled door into:-
high ceilings wooden flooring continuing through to main hall, small alcove, coat hanging space, shelving, uplighting, glazed internal door through to:-
wooden flooring continues, central hallway providing access to all principal rooms, high ceilings continue, radiator, uplighting, door into:-
BEDROOM 1: 14' 4'' x 14' 10'' (4.37m x 4.52m)
dual aspect room with wooden framed sash windows to rear and side elevations, cast iron insert fireplace with decorative surround and twin radiators.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 4'' x 8' 0'' (4.37m x 2.44m)
wooden framed double glazed sash window to front elevation with radiator below, high ceilings and built-in desk.
wooden framed window to side elevation, built-in shelving and hanging space. Could act as a make-shift study space or excellent store room.
SITTING ROOM: 15' 0'' x 13' 9'' (4.57m x 4.19m)
wooden framed sash window to front elevation, twin radiators, central cast iron insert fireplace with decorative surround and hearth, built-in shelving and cupboards either side of the chimney breast and wooden flooring continues from the hallway.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 20' 3'' x 7' 0'' (6.17m x 2.13m)
wooden framed window to rear elevation, terracotta-style tiles with wall mounted radiator, shelving, storage cupboard built into recess. Fitted kitchen with square-edged wooden worksurfaces and undercounter units, double Belfast sink with swan neck mixer tap, integrated dishwasher, fridge, 4 ring gas top, electric oven with extractor hood, vaulted ceilings of varying heights. There is space for a small kitchen table in the front section closest to the hallway.
a short interstitial hallway provides access to bathroom and utility room with uplighting, wooden flooring continues.
bathroom suite comprising acrylic bath, close-coupled wc, pedestal handbasin, wooden framed window to rear elevation, Victorian-style heated towel rail, further radiator, shower cubicle with mixer rain head shower, tiled walls and further window to side elevation, tiled flooring throughout, splashback tiling to half-wall height, vaulted ceilings of varying heights and wall mounted extractor fan.
wooden framed window to rear elevation, flag stone flooring throughout this section which are former vaults of the building. This area houses the electric consumer unit, Worcester Green Star 24i Junior Combination boiler, slate worksurface with Belfast sink, space and plumbing for washing machine. Step down to:-
slightly lower vaulted room – would act as a natural pantry and as space for free-standing American-style fridge/freezer.
Adjacent to this section is a slightly raised inner vaulted room with low ceiling height, providing superb storage.
The utility area and additional store room could be converted to a third bedroom, unlocking an investment opportunity, planning consent may be required
on front, side and rear elevations; a shallow courtyard follows the perimeter of the building below street level, providing a small degree if outside seating space.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 3 September 1979. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £75. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.