Blenheim Road, Redland
Sold for the first time in 48 years, a substantial (4633sqft.) 7 bedroom, 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached family home, situated high up in Redland, close to Durdham Downs, and within just 700 metres of Redland Green School. Further benefitting from ample off-street parking, a garage and a level south-easterly facing rear garden.
Impressive room proportions throughout with many retained period features, and exciting scope for further updating.
Wonderful location for families within a level stroll of the green open spaces of Durdham Downs and Redland Green Park. Local shops, cafes and restaurants of Coldharbour Road, North View and Henleaze Road are all within easy reach as are excellent schools including Westbury Park (circa 200m) and Redland Green Secondary School (circa 700m), making it a highly desired location for families.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule leads through into an incredible central reception hallway, 3 separate good sized reception rooms, a family kitchen/breakfast room, ground floor cloakroom/wc, utility area and boiler room.
First Floor: spacious landing, 4 double bedrooms, a bathroom and separate cloakroom.
Second Floor: further flexible accommodation including a landing, 3 further bedrooms, a top floor sitting room and bathroom. This floor is perfect for teenagers or guests.
Outside: front garden and good sized lawned rear garden with car port for two cars, , gated side access and a garage.
- A substantial 7 bedrooms, 3 reception room Victorian semi detached home
- Over 4600sq.ft of generous accommodation
- Level south-easterly facing garden
- Off road parking for 2 cars & a garage
- Just 700 metres from Redland Green School
- Leafy location close to the Downs
- Exciting scope for updating
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 10' 6'' x 4' 6'' (3.20m x 1.37m)
a spacious entrance with natural light provided the glazed roof light panels, an original tessellated tiled floor and part glazed double doors leading through into the reception hallway.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: 23' 3'' x 9' 2'' (7.08m x 2.79m)
a magnificent central entrance hallway with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail. An impressive period staircase rises to the first floor landing, high ceilings with ceiling coving and decorative mouldings, picture rail, dado rail, radiator and doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/family room, reception 3/dining room and several steps lead down to a mezzanine landing, where in turn there are doors through to the kitchen/breakfast room, utility area and further door accessing a stair into the cellars. Door accessing a cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: 19' 1'' x 17' 4'' (5.81m x 5.28m)
a wonderful bay fronted sitting room with magnificent high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, wide bay to front comprising 4 sash windows with further sash window to side, radiators and spotlights.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: 19' 0'' x 17' 5'' (5.79m x 5.30m)
a large second reception room with wide bay to rear overlooking the rear garden comprising 4 sash windows with secondary glazing, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, further sash window to side, feature fireplace, radiators and door with several steps connecting through to the kitchen/breakfast room.
RECEPTION 3/DINING ROOM: 16' 0'' x 13' 0'' (4.87m x 3.96m)
a good sized third reception room, currently arranged as a dining room but would work well as a child’s sitting room or home office with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail, feature fireplace, radiator and 2 sash windows to front with secondary glazing.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 15' 11'' x 13' 9'' (4.85m x 4.19m)
a good sized sociable kitchen with a range of base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktops over and inset sink and drainer unit, integrated stainless steel over with 4 ring ceramic hob over, integrated slimline dishwasher, appliance space for fridge, tiled flooring, space for breakfast table, chimney breast with period fire surround, sash window to rear with secondary glazing, door accessing recessed walk in larder cupboard and further part glazed door accessing a Boiler Room (12’0” max x 8’10” max) (3.67m x 2.69m) with Belfast sink, walk mounted Worcester boiler, skylight window and access to the rear garden.
CLOAKROOM/WC: 7' 8'' x 3' 9'' (2.34m x 1.14m)
low level wc, small wall mounted wash basin, heated towel rail and tessellated tiled floor.
a spacious landing with staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bathroom and separate wc. Further door off to bedroom 4 from lower mezzanine half landing.
a large bay fronted principal bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, 4 large sash windows to front and further sash window to side. Radiators and door connecting through to bedroom 3.
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, wide bay to rear comprising 4 sash windows with secondary glazing overlooking the rear garden. Radiator and built in wardrobes.
BEDROOM 3: 16' 0'' x 13' 2'' (4.87m x 4.01m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail, 2 sash windows to front with secondary glazing, radiator and a sink.
BEDROOM 4: 15' 11'' x 13' 11'' (4.85m x 4.24m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail, 2 large sash windows with secondary glazing to rear, offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2 and a radiator.
panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin and shower area with electric shower, obscure glazed sash window to side.
low level wc, small wash basin, part tiled walls and obscure glazed sash window to side.
rooflight glazing provides natural light through the landing and stairwell, doors lead off to top floor sitting room, bedroom 5 (off mezzanine landing), bedroom 6, bedroom 7 and top floor bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 5: 13' 11'' x 12' 11'' (4.24m x 3.93m)
a double bedroom with double glazed dormer window to rear, period fireplace, low level door accessing a storage cupboard and a pedestal wash basin.
SITTING ROOM & KITCHENETTE: 18' 0'' x 12' 11'' (5.48m x 3.93m)
a large top floor living space with built in base units and sink, double glazed windows to rear, period fireplace and a radiator.
BEDROOM 6: 17' 8'' x 16' 4'' (5.38m x 4.97m)
a large double bedroom with double glazed windows to front, period fireplace and a radiator.
BEDROOM 7: 15' 5'' x 9' 5'' (4.70m x 2.87m)
a double bedroom with double glazed window to front with an open outlook down The Glen opposite, an attractive period fireplace.
BATHROOM/WC: 10' 4'' x 5' 8'' (3.15m x 1.73m)
a white suite comprising panelled bath, wall mounted sink and low level wc, skylight window to side and a radiator.
there is a front garden mainly laid to paving with well stocked flower borders, low level boundary wall with attractive iron railings over and hedgerows offering privacy.
Rear Garden, Off Road Parking & Garage: 60' 0'' (including carport & garage) x 35' 0'' (18.27m x 10.66m)
a level south easterly facing rear garden with central lawned section, brick paved seating area closest to the property, garden gate providing access onto The Quadrant, stone boundary walls and access into the garage. At the bottom of the garden there is:
Car Port & Garage:
2 sets of double gates provide vehicular access from The Quadrant into a covered car port providing parking for at least 2 cars. The parking area leads round to the garage.
Garage: 18' 6'' x 10' 2'' (5.63m x 3.10m)
a good sized single garage with up and over door, high level windows to side overlooking the rear garden and door to rear.
stairs lead off from the entrance hallway down to some cellar storage/workshop spaces beneath the rear half of the property with approx ceiling heights of 6’1”/1.85m.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.