Bell Barn Road, Stoke Bishop
An attractive 3 bedroom, 3 reception, Stride built late 1920s detached family home set on a generous plot with ample parking and garaging.
Set well back on this sought-after road, and with the most delightful circa 100ft x 53ft rear garden.
Enjoys a warm and welcoming cottage-feel and is an exciting opportunity for the next owners to update and improve this charming home to suit their own particular requirements, in the fullness of time.
Good local shops at the end of the road, and within 550 metres of Stoke Bishop C of E Primary School, and with good bus connections to central areas, and with lovely walks nearby into the Blaise Castle estate.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, sitting room, dining room, study, kitchen/breakfast room, downstairs wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, (loft storage area), bedroom 2 with ensuite shower room, bedroom 3, bathroom/wc.
Outside: A generous plot measuring circa 185ft x 53ft (0.225acres) comprising: front garden circa 53ft x 48ft and lawned rear garden of circa 100ft x 53ft which backs on to woodland. Driveway parking for 3 to 4 and 29ft long detached garage.
Sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
- 3 bed 3 reception detached home
- Exciting opportunity to update /improve.
- Gorgeous 100 ft x 53 ft rear Garden
- Detached garage and driveway parking
- Generous plot - 0.225 of an acre
- 1920's Stride built house.
from the pavement, pass between metal gates and follow the sweeping driveway which leads up to the covered front door which opens into:-
casement windows to front elevation, rooms radiate off to all rooms on this floor and staircase rises to first floor landing. Understairs storage cupboard housing electricity meter and fuse board. Radiator. Plate rack.
SITTING ROOM: 18' 8'' x 15' 1'' (5.69m x 4.59m)
casement windows to wide bay with window seat, period style fireplace with cast iron surround and insert with tiled reveals and gas flame flame-effect fire, set within brick chimney breast with built-in shelving to one recess, picture rail, radiator and pocket-style sliding doors proving access to the dining room to the rear. The two rooms together have a combined through-measurement of circa 33ft to provide for a wonderful open plan, sociable living space or can be used as two separate rooms.
DINING ROOM: 13' 11'' x 13' 7'' (4.24m x 4.14m)
accessed from the entrance hall and/or the sitting room with a serving hatch from the kitchen, and casement windows to side and rear elevation and glazed door leads onto rear garden. Picture rail and 2 radiators.
STUDY: 14' 1'' x 11' 0'' (4.29m x 3.35m)
casement windows to front elevation, picture rail, built-in wooden cupboards and wardrobe unit with hanging rail, radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 25' 8'' x 14' 1'' (7.82m x 4.29m)
range of base and wall-mounted wooden units with solid wooden work surfaces with tiled upstand, built-in electric oven and gas hob with filter hood, built-in fridge and freezer and dishwasher. Recessed cupboard with space for washing machine and space for dryer above, ample space for breakfast table and with snug area with eye-level cupboard housing the gas boiler, wooden casement windows overlook the rear garden and stable-style wooden door and further wooden glazed doors open onto the rear garden. 2 radiators and glazed internal door opens back into the hall.
low level wc with wooden seat and lid, wall mounted wash handbasin, extractor fan.
picture rail, radiator, doors radiate to all rooms on this floor, ceiling loft hatch.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 9'' x 15' 3'' (5.10m x 4.64m)
wooden casement windows to side and rear elevations. Door leads off to the family bathroom which has a Jack and Jill door allowing this to be potentially used as an ensuite to bedroom 1. Range of built-in wardrobes and cupboards. At the back of the wardrobe there is a secret Narnia-style entrance into a loft storage area with Velux double-glazed ceiling skylight.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 2'' x 11' 11'' (4.31m x 3.63m)
wooden casement windows to side elevation, range of built-in wardrobes and cupboards and further airing cupboard with hot water tank and linen shelving, double doors open to:-
Ensuite Shower room/wc:
shower with tiled and glazed surround with electric Mira shower, low level wc with wooden seat and lid, pedestal wash handbasin with tiled splashback, radiator, wooden casement windows to rear elevation.
BEDROOM 3: 9' 5'' x 9' 4'' (2.87m x 2.84m)
wooden casement windows to front elevation, high-level glazing back into the landing, radiator.
panelled bath with tiled surround, mains fed shower over and shower shield, low level wc with wooden seat and lid, pedestal wash handbasin, tiled splashback, radiator, casement window to rear elevation and door back into bedroom 1 allowing this to also be used as an ensuite with Jack and Jill doors.
mainly laid to lawn with deep Laurel hedge to the front and wooden side boundaries with a number of trees, bushes and flowering plants within numerous flower beds.
OFF STREET PARKING:
driveway parking for at least 3 to 4 cars on a tarmacked driveway and a side gate leads through to the rear garden.
GARAGE: 29' 0'' x 10' 6'' (8.83m x 3.20m)
detached garage with up and over door, power and light.
mainly laid to lawn with sitting-out patio closet to the house, with fence and hedge boundaries to the side and further fence boundary to the rear (beyond which there is woodland with a steep drop down to the River Trym), numerous flower beds with flowering plants, bushes and shrubs and Summer house/potting shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold and has the benefit of a remainder of a 10,000 year lease from 1925. There is a nominal £6 per year Ground Rent. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.