Ashley Down Road, Horfield
A two double bedroom hall floor flat with private rear courtyard garden and open plan kitchen/dining/living area. Situated in bay fronted period building with high moulded ceilings, hard flooring throughout, and one of only two flats within the building itself. No onward chain.
Location - set on the border of St Andrews and Ashley Down, which alongside the surrounding areas of Montpelier & St Werburghs offer so much within a short distance - Gloucester Road is a very popular destination with a variety of independent and interesting traders from cafes, bars and restaurants to essential services such as banks, supermarkets and hardware stores. While nearby St Andrews Park offers a leafy break from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Good transport links - close (but not too close) to the M32 (M4), rail links to Temple Meads from Montpelier and bus routes close by.
Well regarded local primary schools of Sefton Park and Brunel Fields are both within 400 metres.
Notable for its two double bedrooms, owner occupied finish, period features and private garden.
No onward chain, making a prompt move possible.
- Charming Victorian hall floor garden flat
- Two spacious double bedrooms
- Stylishly presented throughout
- Private courtyard gardens
- Central & convenient location close to amenities
- Sold with no onward chain
the property is approached from the pavement up a short flight of five steps to the communal entrance door which serves the two flats within the building. Door into:-
high moulded plaster ceilings, electric and gas consumer units above head height, Times lighting switch, dado rail and wooden flooring. Door on the left is a private entrance into:-
a long central hallway providing access to both bedrooms and sitting room, high ceilings continue with plaster mouldings and exposed polished wooden flooring which flows into all rooms leading from the hallway.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 0'' x 13' 11'' (4.87m x 4.24m)
bay fronted room with upvc double-glazed period style windows to front elevation with radiator below, disused central fireplace with slate hearth and built-in wooden cupboards and shelving to recesses either side of chimney breast. Wooden flooring continues along high moulded plaster ceilings and central ceiling rose.
BEDROOM 2: 13' 2'' x 11' 6'' (4.01m x 3.50m)
dual aspect room with obscured upvc window to side elevation and matching window and door to rear elevation providing access onto private courtyard garden. Wooden flooring and high ceilings continue with simple ceiling mouldings. Central alcove into disused fireplace and radiator.
LIVING/DINING/KITCHEN ROOM: 24' 5'' x 10' 0'' (7.44m x 3.05m)
open plan with adjacent kitchen but described separately:
twin upvc double-glazed windows to side elevation overlooking courtyard garden with radiator below. Further natural light provided from kitchen windows. Wooden flooring continues, useful understairs storage.
dual aspect room with upvc double-glazed windows to side elevation overlooking courtyard garden and to rear elevation overlooking the rear section of courtyard garden. Large tiled floor with square-edged kitchen work surfaces and undercounter units on both walls with a double wall hung cupboard at eye-level and splashback tiling. Spaces for appliances include gas and electric oven, fridge/freezer as well as plumbing for washing machine. Wall hung Vaillant ecoTEC Pro boiler with thermostatic heating controls below. Opening into a short vestibule with upvc double-glazed side door onto rear courtyard with continuation of tiled flooring, leading into:-
obscured uvpc double-glazed window to side elevation, tiled walls and flooring, with white suite comprising bath, mains-fed mixer shower, close coupled wc, handbasin with mixer tap over and cupboard below, wall mounted mirrored medicine cabinet, extractor fan and radiator.
low maintenance courtyard garden extends down the side and to the rear of the property. Currently arranged with two raised wooden decked areas and a raised stone-chipped border with a mixture of small shrubs. There is a timber shed to the rear and a side pedestrian gate leading on to the rear lane which is shared with the rear entrance of Sefton Park Junior School.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 20 September 1988. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars that there is no formal service charge collected. Costs are split 50/50 between the two flats within the building on an adhoc, informal basis when necessary. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.