Ambrose Road | Cliftonwood
A handsome 4 bedroom Victorian townhouse perched on the slopes of Cliftonwood offering flexible accommodation and a 'suntrap' south facing courtyard rear garden perfect for relaxing on lazy summer afternoons and evenings. Ambrose Road forms part of a terrace of multi coloured period houses, often admired from across Bristol Harbourside.
Uplifting and breathtaking - from the upper rooms there are compelling and scintillating panoramic southerly views across the city and Bristol harbour, to the hills in the distance.
Comfortable accommodation over four floors with period features and much character; flexible and adaptable - the open plan lower ground floor provides for excellent 31ft family dining room and kitchen that opens onto the rear garden.
Superb location - evocative of the city's maritime associations and so central with easy access to Clifton village or the city centre/waterfront/business and commercial districts; the Park Street and Triangle environs together with the delightful open space of Brandon Hill Park are also within easy reach; watch the air balloons go past, find welcoming hostelries nearby as well as the highly regarded Hotwells Primary School within just 0.3 miles; there is also a wide selection of fine independent schools in the area.
Hall Floor: entrance vestibule, sitting room, study, shower room/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: (has internal and external front access), 31ft thro' family dining room and kitchen.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower/wet room/wc, bedroom 2.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, en-suite bathroom/wc.
Outside: south facing rear town garden (27ft x 15ft).
Gas central heating.
- 4 bedroom townhouse
- south facing garden
- views from upper rooms
- open plan lower floor
from the pavement to small paved path to the solid wooden main entrance door to the property which opens into:-
ceiling cornice, part glazed door opens into:-
ceiling cornice, radiator, doors off to the sitting room, study and shower room/wc, staircase rises to the first floor landing and descends to the lower ground floor.
SITTING ROOM: (rear) (15' 9'' into bay x 14' 5'' into chimney recess) (4.80m x 4.39m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, 3 UPVC double glazed windows set in wide bay with window seat, period style fireplace with marble over mantel/surround and iron insert and gas coal effect fire, radiator, stripped wooden floor boards.
STUDY: (front) (11' 0'' x 7' 7'') (3.35m x 2.31m)
ceiling cornice, sash window to front elevation with working shutters, radiator.
tiled walls and floor, mains fed shower with drench rose and handheld attachment, shower shield, low level wc with concealed cistern and corner basin, heated towel rail and ceiling downlighters.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
internally - staircase descends from the hall floor into the thro’ family dining room and kitchen. Externally - steps lead down from the front garden to paved open vault/storage area with double glazed door (to storage cupboard which houses electricity and gas meters and fuse box) and further double glazed wooden door opens into the kitchen.
THRO' LIVING/DINING ROOM & KITCHEN:
overall through dimension 31'10/9.70m but measured and described separately as follows:
Living/Dining Room: (rear) (15' 3'' x 14' 7'' (4.64m x 4.44m)
double glazed window and double folding glazed patio doors open onto the rear garden, ceiling downlighters, radiator, stripped wooden floor boards, open thro' to:-
Kitchen: (front) (13' 5'' x 13' 0'') (4.09m x 3.96m)
range of base and wall mounted units with glass splashbacks, under cupboard lighting and work surfaces, 1 ½ bowl stainless steel single drainer sink unit with mixer tap, space for gas range style cooker with extractor fan, integral dishwasher, space for fridge/freezer, integral washing machine, built-in storage cupboard, ceiling down lights, stripped wooden floor boards.
staircase rises from the hall floor to the first floor landing and doors radiate off to both rooms on this floor.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (15' 9'' into bay x 14' 9'' into chimney recess) (4.80m x 4.49m)
ceiling cornice, large double glazed UPVC windows set in wide bay to rear elevation with views across the city and the harbourside with window seat, door to built-in wardrobe with double hanging rail, two radiators, stripped wooden floor boards. Door to:-
En Suite Shower/Wet Room/WC:
tiled floor and full wall tiling, mains fed shower with drench rose and handheld attachment, low level wc, wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (13' 9'' x 12' 2'') (4.19m x 3.71m)
ceiling cornice, period fireplace, sash window to front elevation, range of built in wardrobes, radiator, stripped wooden floor boards.
staircase rises from the first floor landing, double glazed ceiling skylight throwing natural light onto the stairwell, doors radiate off to all rooms on this floor.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (14' 9'' x 11' 11'' min) (4.49m x 3.63m)
double glazed UPVC windows to rear elevation with superb views across the harbourside and city and far reaching views to the green open spaces beyond. Ceiling access to roof void, door to Airing Cupboard with shelving and housing the hot water tank, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (12' 2'' x 9' 4'') (3.71m x 2.84m)
UPVC double glazed window to front elevation, ceiling access to roof void, radiator. Door to:-
En Suite Bathroom/WC:
white suite comprising panelled bath with handheld shower attachment over with concertina shower screen, pedestal wash hand basin, low level wc, shaver point, extractor fan, radiator, tiled floor, door to small cupboard housing Vaillant gas boiler.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 27' 0'' x 15' 0'') (8.22m x 4.57m)
pretty and well-tended sunny south facing paved courtyard garden with large walled borders containing a plethora of flowering plants, shrubs and bushes, a bay tree and climbing plants. A veritable sun trap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.