Ambrose Road, Cliftonwood
Enjoying spectacular southerly views over Bristol’s harbour and many skyline features; a highly versatile and most appealing, mid-terraced, Victorian period town house offering spacious 4 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room accommodation with sunny south facing 30ft rear garden.
Ambrose Road forms part of a distinctive terrace of early Victorian houses, offering flexible accommodation arranged over four floors which was thoroughly renovated in 2019.
Without question the most salient feature which separates this from surrounding properties is the remarkable panoramic view to the rear elevation, very special at New Year’s Eve/Guy Fawkes’ night and Bristol’s International Balloon Fiesta.
An attractive town house with high ceilings and an abundance of period features including sash windows, exposed wooden floorboards, ornate moulded cornicing and period fireplaces.
Enjoying a quiet and tranquil setting away from the hurly burly of the fashionable Clifton Village and yet providing ease of access. Clifton enjoys an enviable reputation with an eclectic and diverse range of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is varied and striking with 400 acres of open space found on the Downs just under a mile away. There are also a number of excellent nurseries, primaries and secondary schools in the vicinity making it a popular area for family buyers. The city centre/harbourside is easily accessible by foot. The nearby Lion Pub is popular and there are two play parks within walking distance.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, bedroom with en-suite shower room/wc, drawing room.
Lower Ground Floor: hall, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, separate wc.
First Floor: landing, two double bedrooms.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, double bedroom (4 in total), family bath/shower room.
Outside: front courtyard, lower level courtyard area, fully enclosed south facing rear garden with timber deck.
A most appealing and deceptively spacious period residence with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, views, character and lots of light.
- Versatile mid-terraced townhouse
- Exceptional southerly facing views
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Completely renovated in 2019
- South facing garden
- An abundance of period features
- Popular street in Cliftonwood
- No onward chain
from the pavement, wrought iron railings with pathway gives access to the front entrance door. Solid four-panelled wooden door with fanlight and brass door furniture, opening to:-
BEDROOM 4: 12' 1'' x 10' 9'' (3.68m x 3.27m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with deep sill, exposed wooden floorboards, ornate moulded cornicing, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point. Pocket door opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
built-in shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit plus handheld shower attachment and overhead circular shower. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
SITTING ROOM: 14' 4'' x 13' 1'' (4.37m x 3.98m)
a light filled principal reception room having a pair of double glazed sash windows to the rear elevation with views of the harbour. Central period fireplace with working fire, slate surround plus ornately carved mantelpiece and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, additional built-in cupboard with shelving, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
tiled flooring, understairs storage cupboard, coat hooks, two ceiling light points. Open walkway through to the kitchen/breakfast room. Doors to:-
UTILITY ROOM: 12' 2'' x 10' 10'' (3.71m x 3.30m)
roll edged granite effect worktop surface with space and plumbing below for washing machine and tumble dryer, stainless steel sink with draining board and mixer tap, tiled flooring, window to the front elevation, radiator, wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler, ceiling light point. Door to:-
Deep Storage Cupboard:
with ceiling light point and shelving.
low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Freestanding sink with mixer tap. Tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 13' 5'' x 12' 10'' (4.09m x 3.91m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, wood effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling, stainless steel sink with mixer tap and splashback. Integral appliances including 4 ring induction hob, extractor hood, tall fridge/freezer, electric oven and dishwasher. Corner pull out carousel, tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, vertical Victorian style radiator. Double glazed door and sash window overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden.
moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, turning staircase ascending to the second floor with storage cupboard at half landing. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 14' 7'' x 13' 0'' (4.44m x 3.96m)
a pair of south facing double glazed sash windows enjoying elevated views, period fireplace with cast iron surround and ornately carved mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, radiator, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, recessed book shelving.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 6'' x 12' 3'' (4.42m x 3.73m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with deep sill and radiator below, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, recessed book shelving, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
enjoying plenty of natural light via Velux window and part galleried over the stairwell, ceiling light point, moulded skirtings. Loft access. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: 15' 1'' x 12' 6'' (4.59m x 3.81m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with deep sill and radiator below, cast iron basket set into fireplace recess with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, fitted book shelving, built-in wardrobe with shelving, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: 14' 9'' x 13' 4'' (4.49m x 4.06m)
a stylishly appointed family bath/shower room comprising: walk-in style shower with low level shower tray, wall mounted shower unit, handheld shower attachment, overhead circular shower and fully tiled surround; pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap and splashback tiling; low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern; freestanding bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment. Double glazed sash enjoying exceptional south facing views with Victorian style radiator below. Central period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, built-in cupboard with slatted shelving.
paved for ease of maintenance with ample space for potted plants, wrought iron balustrade along the front boundary. Steps down to:-
LOWER LEVEL COURTYARD:
ideal for bike/bin storage.
REAR GARDEN: 30' 0'' x 15' 0'' (9.14m x 4.57m)
enjoying a sunny southerly aspect and a good amount of privacy. Immediately to the rear of the kitchen/breakfast room there is a broad timber deck with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. The remainder of the garden is then laid to a flowering meadow with shrub border. Along the rear boundary there is wrought iron balustrade with natural hedge featuring hawthorn, dogwood and wild roses. Small garden pond. Walls to either side of the garden with timber fencing and established honeysuckle atop.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. We understand there is a perpetual yearly rent charge of £3.10s.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.