Ambrose Road, Cliftonwood
Forming one of the iconic colourful painted houses of Cliftonwood and enjoying panoramic southerly facing views over the harbourside and across to Ashton Court Estate - a charming 4 bedroom Victorian townhouse with a wealth of character detail with a sunny rear garden.
The current owners have been here for 21 years - during which time they have had a regular maintenance programme updating most aspects of the house whilst retaining the Victorian charm and warm homely period feel.
Set in the heart of Cliftonwood which benefits from a friendly, community feel centred around the nearby Lion Pub (famed for its Sunday lunches), play park and community gardens. Walking distance to much of the city centre with the harbourside and Clifton Village both within a few hundred yards.
Easy access to Ashton Court Estate and out of town via Cumberland Basin A4/A370.
8 solar panels on roof.
Hall Floor: entrance hallway, study/reception 1, sitting room.
Lower Ground Floor: hallway, kitchen/breakfast room with pantry, dining room, utility room, wc/shower.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite wc, bedroom 2.
Second (Top) Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bathroom/wc.
Outside: small courtyard front garden, 26ft x 15ft enclosed rear garden.
An exceptional opportunity to acquire part of Bristol’s iconic harbourside - with stunning views.
- One of the iconic colourful houses of Cliftonwood
- Panoramic southerly facing views over the harbourside
- Victorian period townhouse
- Circa 2000 sq.ft.
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 receptions
- Kitchen Dining room
- 26ft x 15ft south facing rear garden
passing through a small front courtyard to the front entrance door with glazed overlights, opening to:-
ceiling cornicing, period arch, radiator. Stairs with period balustrade and handrail rising to upper floor and descending to lower floor.
STUDY/RECEPTION 1: (12' 9'' x 10' 11'' into chimney recess) (3.88m x 3.32m)
a charming room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, original ceiling rose, picture rail, large sash window to the front elevation complete with working shutters, radiator. Period style cast iron fireplace with tiled lapels, wooden surround and mantel with slate hearth. Useful storage cupboard behind stairwell.
SITTING ROOM: (14' 6'' into chimney recess x 12' 9'') (4.42m x 3.88m)
a stunning room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, original ceiling rose, picture rail. Marble fireplace with slate hearth, large double glazed window to the rear elevation with panoramic views across Bristol’s harbourside across to Ashton Court and to the horizon of Dundry and overlooking the rear garden. Window seat. Partially glazed door with period glass. Radiator, useful storage cupboard behind the stairs.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
with doors leading off to kitchen/breakfast room and dining room. Useful understairs storage cupboard, radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (14' 5'' into chimney recess x 12' 9'') (4.39m x 3.88m)
a range of hand-built solid wooden base units and working surface, space for electric oven & hob and dishwasher, 2 ½ bowl stainless steel sink unit, space for tall fridge/freezer, partially tiled walls, wall mounted gas boiler discreetly located behind wall unit, tiled floor, ceiling cornicing, partially glazed door to the rear elevation, double glazed windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden.
a most charming pantry reminiscent of a French country cottage with what looks to be original butler’s pantry and shelving above, tiled floor.
DINING ROOM: (front) (14' 6'' into chimney recess x 12' 10'') (4.42m x 3.91m)
deep cupboards - one with hanging space, radiator. 2 partially glazed doors with period glass, one leading into the utility, downstairs wc and shower
UTILITY ROOM: (10' 3'' x 5' 5'') (3.12m x 1.65m)
base units with working surfaces above, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and space for tumble dryer (with vent), water softener and filter system, storage cupboard, draining board, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, storage cupboard housing gas and electric meters and electricity fuse box, tiled flooring. Skylight into front courtyard. Door into:-
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, wall mounted towel rail, wet room style shower with shower curtain and rail, tiled floor, extractor fan.
stairs rise to the top floor, doors open to bedrooms 1 and 2.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (15' 0'' into chimney recess x 13' 7'' into window recess) (4.57m x 4.14m)
high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, what looks to be an original cast iron range with wooden surround and mantel, very large double glazed window to the rear elevation with panoramic views across Bristol’s harbourside, across to Ashton Court and on the horizon to the Dundry hills. Radiator.
En Suite WC:
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, extractor fan, recessed spotlights.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (15' 0'' into chimney recess x 12' 9'' into window recess) (4.57m x 3.88m)
sash window to front elevation, high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, period fireplace with cast iron original range and wooden surround and mantel, radiator.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
large double glazed skylight, doors opening to bedrooms 3 & 4 and main bathroom.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (15' 2'' into chimney recess x 12' 11'' into window) (4.62m x 3.93m)
double glazed window to rear elevation with elevated panoramic views across Bristol’s harbourside, Ashton Court and Dundry. Cast iron fireplace with wooden surround and mantel. Useful storage cupboard, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (10' 1'' x 9' 8'' to window/rear of fitted wardrobe) (3.07m x 2.94m)
double glazed window to front elevation, radiator, fitted wardrobe, small storage space.
BATHROOM/WC: (approx. 9' 11'' x 4' 7'') (3.02m x 1.40m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin and cast iron enamel bath with overhead shower, shower curtain rail and shower curtain, double glazed Velux skylight, radiator and useful linen cupboard.
small courtyard with low boundary wall.
REAR GARDEN: (26' 0'' in length x 15' 0'' in width) (7.92m x 4.57m)
a very well maintained and landscaped garden with flagstones immediately outside the back door, raised beds containing a variety of shrubs and flowers. Benefits from a sunny southerly aspect with harbourside views.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rent charge of £10 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.