Worrall Road | Clifton
A charming and surprisingly spacious 3/4 bedroom, 2 reception, 3 storey Georgian period cottage close to the Downs and Whiteladies Road with a 32ft town garden.
Measuring in excess of 1,700 sq. ft. the property really is quite deceptive with a large living room (24ft x 12ft), modern kitchen/breakfast room (circa 20ft x 12ft) interlinked with a dining room, both opening out onto the rear garden.
On the first floor there are 3 double bedrooms and a generous family bathroom.
Outside there is a tranquil, private and low maintenance town garden with raised beds containing a variety of shrubs, trees and flowers that becomes an extra room in the summer months linking the dining room and kitchen.
There is an extremely useful and large storage room next to the kitchen.
The house is located in old Clifton, a collection of Georgian cottages very close to the Downs that originally served the local quarry. It is a vibrant and friendly neighbourhood with the many amenities of Whiteladies Road including the popular local pub 'Port of Call' and community 'Easter' garden both within a short stroll.
The close proximity of the Downs gives another dimension to the location. The 400 acres of protected parkland and woodland are a delight for walkers, runners, birdwatchers and outdoor sports enthusiasts.
- A charming and surprisingly spacious Georgian period cottage
- 3 double bedrooms plus study/bedroom 4
- Large living room with windows to both front & rear (24ft x 12ft)
- Modern kitchen/breakfast room (circa 20ft x 12ft) with access out to rear garden
- Separate dining room also with direct access to the rear garden
- In excess of 1,700 sq. ft of accommodation
- Extremely useful large storage room (approx. 21'5 x 11'2)
- Tranquil, private and low maintenance town garden
- Located in old Clifton, very close to Durdham Downs
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (15' 1'' x 5' 0'' min extending to 9'10 max) (4.59m x 1.52m/3.00m)
spacious entrance hallway, staircase rising to the first floor and descending to the lower ground floor. Period doors open into the sitting room, partially glazed door opening into study/bedroom. Large cloaks cupboard with hanging rail and storage. Period style radiator, recessed spotlights.
low level wc (macerator), fitted shelves and storage, wooden surface with circular ceramic sink and mixer tap, radiator, recessed spotlights.
SITTING ROOM: (24' 6'' x 12' 10'' max into chimney recess) (7.46m x 3.91m)
a lovely big room with windows to the front and rear elevations, two radiators. Cast iron fireplace with wooden surround/mantle and slate hearth. Fitted storage cupboard to the right hand side of the chimney breast.
STUDY/BEDROOM 4: (10' 5'' x 8' 11'') (3.17m x 2.72m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation. Ornamental cast iron fireplace with wooden surround/mantle and slate hearth. Fitted shelving, period style radiator, handy storage cupboard.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (21' 2'' x 11' 10'') (6.45m x 3.60m)
a lovely spacious room with double glazed doors leading out onto the rear garden and open doorway through to the dining room. Door to the large cellar store room. Modern kitchen with a range of wall and base units incorporating Corian working surfaces with upstands, large sink unit with mixer tap, integrated dishwasher, space for freestanding automatic washing machine and tumble dryer (tbc). Neff induction electric hob, Neff double oven & grill, combi microwave and warming drawer. Integrated fridge. Double glazed window to rear elevation, ceiling spotlights, ornamental original range fireplace, wooden breakfast bar.
DINING ROOM: (13' 5'' x 8' 0'') (4.09m x 2.44m)
double glazed windows and doors to the side and rear elevations with lovely views and overlooking the garden, period style radiator, fitted storage housing the gas combination boiler.
CELLLAR/STORAGE ROOM: (approx. overall measurements 21' 5'' x 11' 2'') (6.52m x 3.40m)
a very useful storage space, electricity consumer unit and electricity meter.
with skylight and doors leading off to 3 bedrooms and bathroom.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (15' 3'' into chimney recess/rear of wardrobes x 11' 11'') (4.64m x 3.63m)
a lovely big room with high ceilings, window to the rear elevation, skylight, fitted wardrobes with hanging rail and storage above, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (12' 2'' x 11' 11'') (3.71m x 3.63m)
sash window to front elevation, period radiator. Ornamental original cast iron fireplace with wooden surround/mantle and slate hearth.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (10' 4'' x 9' 11'') (3.15m x 3.02m)
sash window to front elevation, radiator, built-in storage cupboard.
BATHROOM/WC: (rear) (8' 10'' x 7' 6'') (2.69m x 2.28m)
large bathroom with panelled bath, separate corner shower cubicle with mains fed shower, low level wc, ceramic wash hand basin, storage unit, tiled floor, partially tiled walls, recessed spotlights, opaque double glazed window to rear elevation, heated towel rail.
REAR GARDEN: (overall dimensions 32' 0'' deep x 24' 0'' wide incl. dining room) (9.75m x 7.31m)
a perfect town garden which catches the afternoon sunshine, low maintenance with raised borders containing a variety of shrubs, trees and flowering plants. A truly peaceful oasis and it is hard to believe you are only a couple of hundreds away from Whiteladies Road.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. We understand that the property is subject to a perpetual yearly rent charge of £12.0s.0d p.a. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.