Worrall Road, Clifton
Requiring renovation - a potentially stunning grade II listed, 4 bedroom, 3 reception, early Victorian period double fronted town house with off street parking for 3/4 cars and courtyard gardens.
A very appealing project - in need of substantial repair (and not for the faint hearted) yet offering superb potential to update and produce a magnificent Victorian town house.
Full of character and charm with large multi-paned sash windows, impressive portico entrance, dual aspect drawing room leading out onto a balcony, butler's pantry, many original fireplaces, ornate ceiling cornicing and vaults/potential wine cellar.
A few hundred yards to the Downs - with over 400 acres of recreational space to enjoy - and Whiteladies Road with a range of amenities, essential services and transport links.
Within a few yards of Ofsted rated Outstanding St John's Primary School.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, two reception rooms.
Lower Ground Floor: hallway, kitchen/dining room, reception 3, utility and storage vaults.
First Floor: half landing with door to wc, main landing, bedroom 1/drawing room, bedroom 2 with en-suite shower/wc and walk-in wardrobe.
Second (Top) Floor: half landing with door to shower room/wc, bedroom 3, vestibule, bedroom 4, bathroom/wc.
Outside: gardens in various sections surround the house with lawn, shrubs, trees and sitting out areas. Parking area for up to 4 cars.
- Requiring renovation - not for the faint hearted
- A potentially stunning early Victorian double fronted town house
- Grade II listed
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Kitchen/dining room
- Courtyard Gardens
- Off street parking
stone pillars and gateway open into flagstone path which leads to the impressive portico entrance.
with hardwood original entrance door and overlight, stairs rise and descend to the upper and lower floors, ceiling cornicing, radiator. Doors lead off to the two reception rooms. On the half landing there is a Butler’s Pantry: original dresser style butler’s pantry with sink unit.
RECEPTION 1: (16' 0'' into chimney recess x 13' 10'' into shallow window recess) (4.87m x 4.21m)
large sash windows to the front and side elevations, ornate ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose, impressive marble fireplace, two radiators, exposed wooden flooring.
RECEPTION 2: (left hand side) (16' 3'' into chimney recess x 11' 9'') (4.95m x 3.58m)
large sash windows to the front and side elevations, ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
doors lead off to kitchen/dining room and reception 3. Understairs storage area and storage vaults.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (14' 10'' x 13' 9'' into shallow window recess) (4.52m x 4.19m)
range of wall and base units incorporating working surfaces, 4 ring gas hob, electric oven, filter hood, 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, tiled splashbacks, space for tall fridge/freezer, space for dishwasher, double glazed sliding doors to the side elevation opening out onto the side courtyard garden, radiator.
RECEPTION 3: (approx. 16' 2'' into chimney recess x 11' 3'') (4.92m x 3.43m)
sash window to side elevation, wall mounted gas boiler, door to understairs storage cupboard and WC: low level wc, wash hand basin, partially tiled walls and extractor fan. Door to:-
working surfaces, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, sink unit, roof light, tiled floor.
STORAGE VAULTS: (approx. 21' 0'' max x 5' 7'') (6.40m x 1.70m)
door to side courtyard and light.
door to WC: low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, radiator, extractor fan.
stairs rising to the top floor. Doors leading off to bedrooms 1 & 2, radiator, ceiling cornicing, stunning arched window to the front elevation.
BEDROOM 1/DRAWING ROOM: (16' 0'' into chimney recess x 13' 10'' into shallow window recess) (4.87m x 4.21m)
a quite stunning room with ornate ceiling cornicing and ornate ceiling rose. Multi-paned sash windows to the front and side elevations, the sash window to the side elevation provides access onto a wrought iron canopied balcony. Impressive cast iron fireplace with wooden surround and mantle, exposed wooden flooring, two radiators.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 3'' x 11' 0'' overall incl. of en-suite/walk-in wardrobe) (4.64m x 3.35m)
ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose, two multi-paned sash windows to the front and side elevations, radiator.
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, shower cubicle, tiled walls, extractor fan.
with hanging rails and fitted shelving.
door to Shower Room/WC: low level wc, partially tiled walls, extractor fan.
doors to bedroom 3, bathroom and vestibule providing access into bedroom 4 and also stairs provide access onto the roof.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 10'' into shallow window recess x 10' 2'') (4.21m x 3.10m)
multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, cast iron fireplace with wooden surround and mantle, radiator, sink unit with wooden vanity unit and Barber Wilson taps.
BATHROOM/WC: (10' 0'' x 5' 11'') (3.05m x 1.80m)
multi-paned sash window to front elevation, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, cast iron bath with mixer tap and handheld shower, partially tiled walls, exposed wooden flooring.
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation. Stairs rising to loft hatch. Door into:-
BEDROOM 4: (11' 10'' x 11' 0'' into chimney recess) (3.60m x 3.35m)
multi-paned sash window to side elevation, radiator.
GARDENS: (70' 0'' total width x 16' 0'' min/32'0 max depth) (21.32m x 4.87m/9.75m)
the gardens have various sections, to the front there is a small lawn and raised beds with shrubs and trees, seating area, courtyard immediately outside the kitchen/dining room.
OFF STREET PARKING:
there is a parking area which can hold probably four cars in tandem (2 x 2).
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rent charge of £5.00 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.