Woodstock Avenue | Redland
An outstanding 5/6 bedroom, 3/4 reception room Victorian period semi-detached family house, of circa 3,098 sq. ft., renovated and improved to a very high standard with many nice touches. Has so much to offer including an off street parking space, charming level garden, a highly prized location in a tree-lined family friendly road - and much more besides.
The perfect family house, full of light with period features and character sympathetically combined with well-judged and imaginative improvements to create a wonderful atmosphere and environment for family life.
Coveted location in a friendly neighbourly community, Cotham Gardens and St Peter & Paul RC Primary Schools and Cotham School within 0.5 miles. Convenient for so many city amenities. Easy access to Whiteladies Road, city centre and University/Hospital areas. Near local Cotham Gardens park and Redland station, with a wide selection of excellent independent schools also within easy reach.
Ground Floor: enclosed porch entrance, reception hall, cloaks/wc, sitting room, study/snug, family room, thro’ kitchen & dining room.
Basement Floor: utility area, storage area, guest bedroom 6 (or office etc) with en-suite shower/wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 with access to attic play area/storage facility, bedroom 5, bathroom/wc.
Outside: off street parking space, front garden (approx. 25ft x 11ft min/14ft max), rear garden (approx. 39ft x 25ft overall dimensions inc dining room extension and house bay).
- An outstanding Victorian period semi-detached family house
- 5/6 bedrooms (one with en-suite shower)
- 3/4 reception rooms
- Thro' kitchen/dining room
- Renovated & improved to a very high standard
- Circa 3,098 sq. ft of accommodation
- Off street parking space
- Front and rear gardens
- The perfect family house, full of light and character
pathway through front garden to front entrance door.
ENCLOSED PORCH ENTRANCE: (7' 0'' x 3' 9'' min) (2.13m x 1.14m)
doors link front and rear gardens, quarry tiled floor, coat hooks with shelf above, inner door with stained glass insert to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (overall incl. of staircase 17' 1'' x 7' 4'') (5.20m x 2.23m)
ceiling cornice, centre rose, door understairs down to basement floor, engineered oak flooring extending throughout the ground floor save for the sitting room.
CLOAKS/WC: (6' 7'' x 2' 5'') (2.01m x 0.74m)
white suite, low level wc, hand basin with cabinet below.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (19' 3'' max into bay x 12' 5'') (5.86m x 3.78m)
ceiling cornice, centre rose, picture rail, wide bay with sash windows, wooden shutters and stained glass top lights, handsome period fireplace with fine marble surround/overmantel and iron/tiled inserts & fire basket, contemporary radiator.
STUDY: (front) (16' 1'' into bay x 7' 3'' into chimney recess) (4.90m x 2.21m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, sash windows set in shallow bay with stained glass top lights, period fireplace, radiator.
DRAWING ROOM: (rear) (19' 0'' into bay x 12' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.79m x 3.65m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, wide bay with double glazed sash windows, contemporary radiator, arch with steps down to:-
THRO' KITCHEN & DINING ROOM:
(rear) overall 32'10/10.01m max thro' dimension but measured and described separately as follows:-
Kitchen: (15' 8'' x 8' 9'' max into chimney recess) (4.77m x 2.66m)
extensive good quality John Lewis range of kitchen base and wall units incorporating drawers, cupboards and ‘Silestone’ work surfaces with lighting over, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave oven, pyrolytic Rangemaster cooker with large electric oven/grill and 5 ring gas hob unit with extractor/filter hood over, 1 ½ bowl sink unit with drainer and mixer tap with boiling water facility.
Dining Room: (15' 11'' x 8' 9'' min/9'5 max into window) (4.85m x 2.66m/2.87m)
extensive side sliding doors opening directly out to the garden. Further large double glazed window flooding natural light into the room, radiator.
UTILITY AREA: (19' 2'' x 6' 5'' max reducing to 4'1) (5.84m x 1.95m/1.24m)
vinyl floor covering, plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, space for other appliances/storage, stable type door to:-
(front) reduced head height of approx. 4ft/1.22m, occupies the extensive approximate footprint of the two front rooms above, LED lighting, Worcester gas boiler.
GUEST BEDROOM 6 (or OFFICE etc) with EN-SUITE SHOWER/WC: (overall 13' 10'' min/17'6 max into bay x 10' 0'') (4.21m/5.33m x 3.05m)
double glazed door leads out to rear garden, radiator. Door to:-
with fully tiled walls and floor, contemporary white suite, low level wc, shower enclosure with system fed shower unit, circular wash basin with mixer tap, contemporary radiator/towel rail, underfloor heating.
ceiling cornice, Velux double glazed opening skylight window casting light into the landing and stairwell.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (19' 2'' into bay x 13' 1'' into chimney recess) (5.84m x 3.98m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, period fireplace, wide bay with sash windows, radiator, interconnecting door to bedroom 5.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (18' 10'' into bay x 12' 6'' into chimney recess) (5.74m x 3.81m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, wide bay with double glazed sash windows, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (16' 3'' x 9' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.95m x 2.74m)
located off a half landing at lower mezzanine level below the main landing; picture rail, period fireplace, double glazed sash window, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (overall incl. of staircase 16' 1'' x 8' 11'' max) (4.90m x 2.72m)
sash window, Velux double glazed opening skylight window, double wardrobe built into chimney recess, radiator, access steps up to Attic Play Area/Storage Facility: (27'9/8.45m in length) two Velux double glazed opening skylight windows with integral blinds, fixed window casting light into the stairwell and landing, radiator, doors into eaves storage areas with electric light.
This attic play area was converted historically and does not have building regulations certification (indemnity insurance available).
BEDROOM 5: (front) (16' 0'' into bay x 7' 2'' into chimney recess) (4.87m x 2.18m)
has potential to provide a dressing room or en-suite arrangement with bedroom 1 via interconnecting door; ceiling cornice, picture rail, period fireplace, double glazed sash windows set in shallow bay, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (side) (7' 5'' x 6' 5'') (2.26m x 1.95m)
fully tiled throughout, electric underfloor heating, contemporary white suite, panelled bath with mixer tap, separate flexible shower hose with spray head and fixed drench rose over bath with folding spray screen, wash hand basin with mixer tap and storage drawer below, low level wc with concealed cistern, tall cabinet, contemporary towel rail/radiator, double glazed sash windows.
hardstanding within the front garden provides an off street parking space for one vehicle. Cotham Residents Parking Scheme also in operation.
Front: (approx. 25' 0'' wide x 11' 0'' min/14'0 max depth) (7.61m x 3.35m/4.27m)
retained borders stocked with a variety of shrubs, bushes and flowering plants, interconnecting patio/wide path, boundary walls, iron gate on stone pillars with tiled pathway to front door, hardstanding for parking space.
Rear: (overall incl. extension and bay 39' 0'' deep x 25' 0'' wide) (11.88m x 7.61m)
a delightful landscaped garden including central lawn, extensive paved terrace, neat tidy border with shrubs, bushes and flowering plants, brick boundary walls, approx. 6ft x 5ft (1.83m x 1.52m) garden shed, specimen palm tree, outside tap, side access via porch to front garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £6. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.