Windsor Terrace, Clifton
An impressive and light filled, 3 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, hall and lower ground floor maisonette garden apartment, of circa 1,400sq.ft., set within an iconic grade II listed terrace perched above Bristol’s historic harbour, having private rear garden, communal gardens and residents parking.
A spacious garden maisonette apartment forming part of this imposing grade II listed Georgian building on Windsor Terrace, a convenient Clifton Village location. Clifton enjoys an enviable reputation with an eclectic and diverse range of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is varied and striking with 400 acres of open spaces found on the Downs just over a mile away. At the bottom of the hill is Bristol Harbourside with its ever growing array of activities.
Windsor Terrace is situated on a private cobbled no-through road with wrought iron railings.
The apartment is accessed via a communal hallway. The generously proportioned sitting room is positioned to the rear with large sash window overlooking the private garden, linking to a modern kitchen/breakfast room with bi-folding doors onto west facing sitting out area. The principal bedroom is situated at the front with two arched sash windows that provide far reaching south-facing views. Many period features remain intact including fireplaces, dado rails, picture rails and simple moulded cornicing.
Stairs from the hall lead down to the lower ground floor, with an en-suite second/guest bedroom, single third bedroom and family bathroom.
Externally, the private rear garden has been designed for ease of maintenance and enjoys a sunny westerly side aspect. There is ample room for garden furniture and the space links seamlessly to the breakfast area by bi-folding doors. Steps down to a lower courtyard area. The communal gardens at the front are well maintained by the residents and provide breath-taking views across Bristol and Ashton Court towards the Dundry. Windsor Terrace is situated on a ‘Private Road’ and provides parking for the residents by, we understand, giving a financial contribution of £40.
To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
- Enjoying an elevated position overlooking Bristol's historic harbourside
- Grade II listed Georgian period terrace
- Maisonette apartment
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Circa 1,400 sq.ft.
- Private rear garden
- Residents parking
- Communal garden
- To be sold with no onward chain
from the pavement there is a solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and arched fanlight opening to:-
COMMUNAL VESTIBULE & HALLWAY:
inlaid entrance mat, internal part multi-paned door with fanlight, moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate central archway and two ceiling light points. Personal six panelled door with brass door furniture opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance with parquet flooring, moulded skirtings, dado rail, panelled walls and coved ceilings. Radiator and ceiling light point plus decorative arched recess. Six panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: 19' 2'' x 18' 8'' (5.84m x 5.69m)
a gracious principal reception room with 9’7”/2.92m ceiling height and tall sash window to the rear elevation with side panels and working shutters. Central period fireplace with inset remote electronically wood effect gas fireplace with slate hearth. Large decorative arched recess with built in shelving, moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, three wall light points, two radiators. Six panel door with moulded architraves opening to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 20' 6'' x 10' 6'' decreasing to 6'7" (6.24m x 3.20m/2.01m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek gloss soft closing base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets. A combination of roll edged wooden and steel worktop surfaces, undermount sink with mixer tap. Integral appliances including grill, electric oven, 5 ring gas hob, stainless steel extractor hood, wine cooler and dishwasher. Space for tall fridge/freezer, pull out larder cupboard, floating book shelving, two Victorian style radiators, inset ceiling downlights. Multi-paned sash window to the side elevation. Power coated aluminium bi-folding doors enjoying a sunny westerly orientation and opening onto patio with ample space for garden furniture. Opaque glazed window to side.
turning staircase with handrail descending to the lower ground floor. A pair of useful double opening storage cupboards, moulded skirtings, dado rail, radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Six panel door with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 20' 5'' x 13' 6'' (6.22m x 4.11m)
two tall arched sash windows with working shutters to the front elevation enjoying fine elevated views across the city towards rolling countryside. Central ornately carved stone mantle piece with slate hearth and surround plus inset coal effect gas fire (no longer working). Decorative arched recess, moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, two radiators.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
ceiling light point. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
family bathroom/wc: 8' 7'' x 5' 5'' (2.61m x 1.65m)
panelled bath with mixer tap, shower screen and wall mounted shower unit. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring and walls, heated towel rail/radiator, wall mounted mirrored cupboard, understair storage cupboard, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: 17' 6'' x 11' 6'' measurements include en suite shower room) (5.33m x 3.50m)
virtually full height multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear courtyard, original clome ovens, moulded skirtings, two vertical radiators, two arched recesses, storage cupboard, inset ceiling downlights.
En Suite Shower Room: 5' 11'' x 5' 0'' (1.80m x 1.52m)
walk in style shower with low level shower tray, shower screen, built in shower unit and hand held shower attachment. Low level flush wc with concealed cistern. Corner wash hand basin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring and walls, complimentary marble shelf, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, underfloor heating.
BEDROOM 3: 16' 3'' x 9' 4'' (4.95m x 2.84m)
multi-paned door overlooking and opening externally to the rear courtyard, chimney breast with arched recess and recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights.
PATIO: 17' 10'' x 11' 7'' (5.43m x 3.53m)
split over two levels and enjoying a sunny westerly side aspect. Designed for ease of maintenance with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. Along the upper boundary there is bamboo and a palm tree which sits within the domain of the apartment and provides a good amount of privacy. Dual gated steps down to:-
COURTYARD: 11' 6'' x 10' 10'' (3.50m x 3.30m)
further sheltered space for table and chairs, various wall light points, two storage cupboards. Door to:-
UTILITY ROOM: 7' 1'' x 5' 2'' (2.16m x 1.57m)
space and plumbing for washing machine, wooden worktop with drawers below and cupboard above, ceiling light point, heated towel rail/radiator. Wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler.
the communal gardens at the front are well-maintained and provide breath-taking views across Bristol towards Ashton Court.
there are multiple parking spaces within the grounds of Windsor Terrace.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 26 August 2011. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
: it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £120. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.