Wellington Lane, Montpelier
A charming and characterful 3 double bedroom Victorian family home tucked away on a neighbourly cul-de-sac in a highly convenient location. Further benefitting from a 15ft x 12ft sitting room and a separate sociable kitchen/dining room with direct access onto a pretty rear garden.
Superb central location within a level stroll of the excellent independent cafes and eateries of Picton Street and Stokes Croft, as well within easy reach of Gloucester Road and all central areas, whilst enjoying a peaceful cul-de-sac setting.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, well proportioned sitting room with open fireplace and bay fronted double bedroom.
First Floor: landing with loft hatch accessing a generous loft storage area (currently informally used as a home office but with potential for conversion), doors off to two double bedrooms and the family bathroom/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: landing with understairs recess and built-in utility cupboard with further appliance and storage space. The hallway flows through into a gorgeous sociable kitchen/dining space with large sash window and glazed door to rear accessing the rear garden.
Outside: gated front garden with wisteria climbing up the property and space for bicycle storage shed. Beautiful 20ft x 14'6 walled rear garden with raised railway sleeper flower borders and ample space for outdoor dining and entertaining.
Enjoyed by the current owners for over 20 years, this wonderful period home has a stylish interior, whilst retaining much of its original character and features.
- A charming and characterful Victorian family home
- 3 double bedrooms
- Beautiful 20ft walled rear garden and gated front garden
- Peaceful cul-de-sac, with friendly and sociable neighbours
- Generous loft storage area with scope for full conversion
- Highly convenient location for the BRI, BBC and University of Bristol
- Catchment for Dolphin, Fairfield & Cotham Gardens Primary schools
via pathway leading through a pretty front garden to the main front door of the house.
high ceilings, staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor. Doors leading off to sitting room and bedroom 3.
SITTING ROOM: (15' 0'' x 11' 11'') (4.57m x 3.63m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, period cast iron open fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, tv point and large sash window to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (12' 4'' x 9' 8'') (3.76m x 2.94m)
bay to front comprising three sash windows, high ceilings with ceiling coving, dado rail, radiator, exposed stripped floorboards and built-in window seat.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
slate tiled flooring, useful understairs recess with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and fridge/freezer, further built-in utility cupboard concealed behind doors with appliance space for a dryer, built-in coat hook, fuse box and meter for electrics. The lower ground floor landing opens through to:-
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (14' 1'' x 11' 1'') (4.29m x 3.38m)
a large sociable family kitchen/dining space with a built-in kitchen comprising base level cupboards with roll edged wood block style worktops over and inset 1 ½ bowl sink and drainer unit. Appliance space for range cooker, built-in tall larder cupboards with drawers, ample space for dining table and chairs, radiator, inset spotlights, parquet wood flooring, large sash window to rear, further small window to rear and part glazed door accessing the rear garden.
doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bathroom. Loft hatch accessing a boarded loft storage area.
BEDROOM 1: (15' 3'' max into recess & wardrobes/11'8 min x 10' 2'') (4.64m/3.55m x 3.10m)
a good sized double bedroom with two windows to front, high ceilings, ceiling coving, built-in wardrobes to chimney recesses, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (11' 11'' max into recess x 9' 2'') (3.63m x 2.79m)
a double bedroom with sash window to rear offering a lovely outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens, built-in wardrobes, radiator.
white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over and recessed alcove shelving, low level wc with concealed cistern, bowl style sink set into a wooden counter with mosaic tiled splashbacks and built-in mirror over, chrome effect heated towel rail, sash window to rear, tiled flooring, part tiled walls, built-in cupboard with shelving.
LOFT AREA: (15' 1'' x 13' 0'') (4.59m x 3.96m)
a large boarded space currently informally used as a home office with two Velux skylight windows, one to front and one to rear.
NB: the loft has potential for conversion to a double bedroom and bathroom (subject to any necessary consents).
gated front garden with wisteria climbing up the property and space for bicycle storage shed.
REAR GARDEN: (20' 0'' x 14' 6'') (6.09m x 4.42m)
a lovely walled town garden, perfect for outdoor eating and entertaining with raised railway sleeper borders containing various plants, shrubs and a fig tree. The centre of the garden is mainly laid to stone chippings.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.