The Crescent | Henleaze
A bright, welcoming and much loved 5 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, 1930’s two-storey detached family home with open-plan kitchen/ breakfast/utility room, 85ft south facing garden, off-street parking for two cars and single garage.
Now to be sold for the first time since 1991 the property has been well maintained and extended over the garage shortly after our vendor clients took ownership. The house exhibits a whole host of charming arts and crafts features which are a particular delight of this particular era of construction.
The house is majority double glazed with gas central heating system.
Although the house has been well maintained there is obvious scope for improvement and enlargement in the fullness of time such as a loft conversion or possible ground floor extension (subject to obtaining the necessary consents).
Of particular note is the exceptionally large and south facing garden with sitting out area, level section of lawn, well stocked borders and a separate fruit/vegetable garden with two useful garden sheds. The house and garden enjoys an enviable position, backing onto neighbouring gardens of an adjoining road. Similarly, from its elevated position beautiful sunsets can be enjoyed in a westerly direction from the front rooms.
There is driveway parking for two cars side by side together with a small front garden and a single garage.
Ground Floor: reception hall, sitting room, dining room, open-plan kitchen/breakfast/utility room, separate wc.
First Floor: part galleried landing, 4 double bedrooms, single bedroom (5 in total), family bathroom, additional shower room.
Outside: off street parking for two cars, single garage, front garden, 85ft south facing rear garden.
- Welcoming 5 bedroom 1930s detached family home
- Beautifully maintained with charming period features
- Open plan kitchen/breakfast room
- 2 bright & spacious reception rooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Exceptionally large (85ft) south facing rear garden
- Driveway parking for 2 vehicles
- Single garage
- Exciting opportunity to modernise & extend
- Sold discreetly at vendors request please register with us for others.
from the pavement, a brick pavioured driveway givies access to the front entrance. Part obscure glazed wooden double doors with fanlight, opening to:-
tiled flooring, arched recess to one side with shelf, ceiling light point. Part obscure glazed wood panelled front door with leaded light side panels and overlight, opening to:-
a most welcoming introduction to this spacious family home, having an elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail plus ornately carved spindles, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point. Understairs cloakroom cupboard with hanging rail, shelving and ceiling light point. Panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
DINING ROOM: 16' 3'' x 13' 8'' (4.95m x 4.16m)
a gracious principal reception room having box bay window to the front elevation comprising wooden double glazed windows with overlights. Coal effect gas fire with marble surround and hearth plus an ornately carved mantlepiece. Tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
SITTING ROOM: 13' 11'' x 12' 5'' (4.24m x 3.78m)
double glazed double doors with overlights overlooking and opening externally to the south facing rear garden. Inset wood burning stove set upon a slate hearth, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, two wall lights, ceiling light point.
OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/BREAKFAST/UTILITY ROOM: 17' 10'' x 14' 8'' (5.43m x 4.47m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinets. Roll edged worktop surfaces with mosaic effect splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. Stainless steel centre sink tidy with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Eye level integral grill and oven plus 4 ring electric hob. Space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, dishwasher and tall fridge/freezer. Secondary stainless steel sink with draining board to side and mixer tap situated in the utility area for convenience. Dual aspect with windows to both the side and rear elevations. Tiled flooring, ample space for table and chairs, exposed beams, two radiators, ceiling light points. Casement door opening to:-
double opening cupboard with louvre doors, ceiling light point. Upvc obscure double glazed door opening externally to the rear garden. Panelled door with moulded architraves and overlight, opening to:-
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water points, fitted shelving, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point. Loft access with pull down ladder. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 16' 10'' x 13' 8'' (5.13m x 4.16m)
box bay window to the front elevation comprising wooden double glazed windows with overlights. Generous fitted wardrobes offering ample hanging rail and shelving space. Tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: 13' 11'' x 12' 6'' (4.24m x 3.81m)
double glazed picture window enjoying a southerly orientation over the garden with an attractive outlook across neighbouring gardens. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling. Tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: 11' 6'' x 9' 8'' (3.50m x 2.94m)
double glazed window overlooking the rear garden across neighbouring gardens, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 11' 10'' x 7' 11'' (3.60m x 2.41m)
dual aspect with double glazed windows to the front and side elevations, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: 7' 0'' x 7' 8'' (2.13m x 2.34m)
wooden double glazed windows to the front elevation with overlights, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, picture rail, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 7' 10'' x 7' 3'' (2.39m x 2.21m)
panelled bath with hot and cold water taps, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, low level flush wc, wood effect flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, tall moulded skirtings, obscure glazed windows to the side and rear elevations, ceiling light point.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 7' 0'' x 4' 5'' (2.13m x 1.35m)
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit plus hand held shower attachment and an overhead circular shower, vinyl tiled effect flooring, radiator, two obscure glazed windows to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
OFF STREET PARKING:
brick pavioured driveway parking for two cars side by side. Access to:-
GARAGE: 16' 6'' x 8' 7'' (5.03m x 2.61m)
part glazed wooden double doors, light and power connected.
lawned front garden with shrub border.
REAR GARDEN: 85' 0'' x 30' 0'' (25.89m x 9.14m)
enjoying a sunny southerly orientation and an open aspect courtesy of the garden backing onto the adjacent run of gardens rather than opposing houses. Immediately to the rear of the house there is a large patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. The central section of the garden is level and principally laid to lawn with pathway along one side and deep shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants, mature shrubs and specimen trees. Beyond this and set behind trellis fencing there is a vegetable/fruit garden with a pair of timber sheds.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.