Sydenham Road | Cotham
A spacious one double bedroom period apartment with spectacular rear garden and its own private entrance. Forming part of a beautiful grade II listed Victorian Villa, the property is offered with no onward chain.
Built circa 1858 and originally called Livingston Villa, the building is now configured as four apartments in a short terrace of three Ashlar stone fronted houses.
Positioned in a very popular and central location close to so much - 500 metres to both Cheltenham Road and Gloucester Road whilst very convenient for the city centre and academic and medical districts of Bristol.
Accommodation: internal hallway/study, open plan kitchen/living room, large bedroom with walk-in wardrobe, and family bathroom/wc.
Private entrance under large covered porch area, front raised bed and lower courtyard.
A very large (approx 20m x 10m) rectangular north-easterly facing rear garden.
Attractive Grade II listed period building.
Full height (2.46m) ceilings and sash windows, with wooden flooring throughout.
Within the CM Residents Parking Zone.
No onward chain.
- Spacious one bedroom period apartment
- Set within beautiful Grade II listed Victorian villa
- Spectacular private rear garden
- Own private entrance
- Generous bedroom with walk-in wardrobe
- Popular & central Cotham location
- Close to Glouceter Road & city centre
- Within CM Residents Parking Zone
the property is approached from the side, over flagstone tiled paving, up to private entrance gate leading down a flight of 12 steps down to the lower porch- a covered area of the garden leading to the apartment’s private front entrance. Obscure glazed wooden door opens to:-
spacious hallway in rectangular shape with doors radiating to all principal rooms. Loft access hatch into former staircase void. Radiator, built-in shelving and desk area along the back wall and hard wood flooring which continues throughout the property.
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/LIVNG ROOM: 21' 2'' x 11' 5'' (6.45m x 3.48m)
double glazed window and further double glazed patio door opening out into rear garden. Continuation of hard wooden flooring. Built-in kitchen along one wall with eye level units, rolled edged work surfaces with upstand, under counter units with integrated Bosch electric oven and matching 4 ring hob with extractor hood, integrated undercounter fridge and freezer. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Eye level display cabinet with adjacent cupboard housing Worcester Greenstar 25i condensing boiler. Radiator. Wall opening through to sitting area.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 7'' x 13' 9'' (4.75m x 4.19m)
wooden flooring continues, wood framed sash window to front elevation overlooking the front courtyard and raised bed above. Radiator below and internal doorway into:
wooden flooring continues, built-in shelving and rails provide a substantial storage area and head height cupboard housing consumer units.
obscured wood framed sash window to front elevation looking towards the front courtyard. Bathroom suite comprising acrylic bath with splashback tiling which continues around the room at half wall height. Shower cubicle with mains fed shower and fully tiled walls. Low level wc, pedestal hand basin. Head height cupboard housing gas meter. Built-in cupboard and checkerboard vinyl flooring.
Front: the lower courtyard and raised front bedding area are demised to the apartment.
Rear: approximately 20m x 10m a substantial north east facing rectangular rear garden, backing onto Gibson Road, with stone wall and trellis borders. Predominantly laid to lawn in the centre, this is flanked by several areas of raised beds and mature trees. At the foot of the garden there is a paved seating area which enjoys near all-day sun and is a short distance from a useful timber shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 24 June 1977. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
: it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £90 and has the benefit of a share in the Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: B
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.