St Oswalds Road | Redland
A deceptively spacious, light and stylishly presented, 3 double bedroom, 3 reception room, late 1920's semi-detached family home situated in a leafy location within 500 metres of Redland Green School and with wonderful open views of Redland Green park. Having a mature 70ft well-tended rear garden, attached garage and off-street parking.
Located on a highly desirable road backing directly onto Redland Green Park and further benefiting from a magnificent 70ft rear garden, off-street parking for 2/3 cars with EV charger point and an attached garage with remote electronically operated up and over door.
Exceptionally sought after location on a pretty tree-lined residential road, within just 100 metres of Redland Green Park and 500 metres of both Westbury Park and Redland Green Schools; also handy for the local shops and amenities of Westbury Park and Henleaze.
Ground Floor: entrance porch, reception hall, cloakroom/wc, drawing room, living room, dining room with wide wall opening through to kitchen.
First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms, family bath/shower room.
Useful loft area (18’10” x 16’2”) with Velux window and storage cupboards.
Outside: off-street parking for 2/3 cars with EV charger point, attached garage, well-stocked and immensely private rear garden with sitting out areas and summer house.
Triple glazed windows throughout (except the living room due to kitchen extension intention).
Our vendor clients have submitted a planning application (23/02059/H) which subject to the acceptance of Bristol City Council would enable the incoming purchaser to create a large single storey extension - if required. The plans are available upon request to Richard Harding.
A much loved family home in an acutely desirable location with beautiful views over the adjoining Redland Green Park being perfect for families with scope for further extension if so required.
- Backing directly onto Redland Green Park
- 1920s semi-detached family home
- Within 500 metres of Redland Green and Westbury Park schools
- Planning application made for creation of fabulous kitchen family entertaining space
- Two reception rooms plus existing kitchen/dining room
- 3 double bedrooms and family bath/shower room
- Useful loft area with scope for enhancement
- Off-street parking for 2/3 cars with EV charger point
- Attached garage with remote electronically operated up and over door
- Our vendor clients have secured a property with complete chain in place
from the driveway, there is a panelled front door with external wall light points to either side plus fan light, opening to:-
opaque triple glazed window to the front elevation, inlaid entrance mat and parquet flooring, tall moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Part glazed panelled door with leaded light side panels and overlight opening to the reception hall. Double doors to:-
opaque triple glazed window to the front elevation, built in shelving and coat hooks, wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler, a pair of internal obscure glazed leaded light windows through to the reception hall.
RECEPTION HALL: (12' 0'' x 10' 4'' including stairwell) (3.65m x 3.15m)
a most welcome entrance to this spacious family home having parquet flooring and an elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with arts and crafts style balustrade. Tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point, understair storage cupboard. Panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (13' 5'' x 13' 5'') (4.09m x 4.09m)
a gracious principal reception room, having box bay window to the front elevation comprising six triple glazed windows with leaded light overlights. Central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, ornately carved wooden mantle piece and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, two radiators, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
FAMILY ROOM: (13' 5'' x 11' 5'') (4.09m x 3.48m)
wide window overlooking the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side, two radiators, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, splashback tiling, inset ceiling downlight, extractor fan.
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (30' 5'' x 12' 2'' max measurements) (9.26m x 3.71m)
loosely divided as follows:-
Dining Area: (14' 5'' x 10' 4'') (4.39m x 3.15m)
wooden flooring, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Wide wall opening through to:-
Kitchen: (14' 11'' x 12' 2'') (4.54m x 3.71m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of shaker style base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinets. Roll edged granite effect worktop surfaces with stainless steel centre sink tidy and swan neck mixer tap, splashback tiling and pelmet lighting, Integral Bosch appliances including eye level electric double oven and 4 ring induction hob with pull out extractor hood over. Integrated dishwasher and washing machine with further space for tumble dryer and tall fridge/freezer. Tiled flooring with underfloor heating, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights, two wall light point. A pair raised height Velux windows providing light through to both the kitchen and dining area. Upvc double glazed double doors with delightful views across the garden towards the park and opening out onto a raised timber deck with a shallow flight of steps down to the rear garden.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with arts and crafts style balustrade and enjoying natural light via an opaque triple glazed window to the side elevation. Moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point. Airing Cupboard with slatted shelving. Panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (16' 4'' x 13' 4'' max measurements) (4.97m x 4.06m)
box bay window to the front elevation comprising six triple glazed windows with leaded light overlights. Ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth and recesses to either side of the chimney breast (both having full height double opening built in wardrobes), tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 5'' x 11' 5'') (4.09m x 3.48m)
wide window with overlights overlooking the rear garden towards the park, chimney breast with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: (9' 7'' x 7' 7'') (2.92m x 2.31m)
recently fitted and stylishly appointed with underfloor heating. A walk in style shower with Crittall style shower screen, built in shower unit plus hand held shower attachment and an overhead circular waterfall style shower. Panelled bath with mixer tap and hand held shower attachment. Large wall mounted Duravit wash hand basin with wall mounted mixer tap and double pull out soft closing drawers below. Low level dual flush Duravit toilet with concealed cistern. Hexagonal tiled flooring with underfloor heating, majority tiled walls, dual aspect with opaque triple glazed windows and overlight to the front and side elevations, two heated towel rails/radiators, LED lighting and inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
paddle style stairs with handrails to either side ascending to the useful loft area, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point. Panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: (14' 7'' x 10' 4'') (4.44m x 3.15m)
triple glazed windows and overlights with elevated views of the park. Chimney breast with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
USEFUL LOFT AREA: (19' 3'' x 16' 2'') (5.86m x 4.92m)
triple glazed Velux window with complementary blind to the rear elevation overlooking Redland Green Park, exposed beams, two ceiling light point. Two eaves storage cupboards.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
resin bound gravelled driveway offering space for 2/3 cars with EV charger point. Access to the garage and main front door. Enclosed by low brick walling with partial timber fencing. Raised height L shaped border with an assortment of mature shrubs.
(approx 70ft/21.34m) a particularly well stocked and tended rear garden backing directly onto Redland Green Park. A generous stretch of lawn, ornamental pond, mature trees and shrubs with deep border surrounding a summer house equipped with power. Interlocking brick paved terraces, one immediately behind the property and one at the end of the garden. Enclosed by trellising and fencing. Raised timber deck immediately off the kitchen with steps leading to the lawn.
ADJOINING GARAGE: (21' 4'' x 7' 9'') (6.50m x 2.36m)
situated to the side of the property. Equipped with power and light. Entered via remote electronically operated up and over door. Door leading to the rear garden.
RESIDENTS PARKING SCHEME:
the property falls within the Redland residents parking permit area and parking permits are available for a modest annual fee from Bristol City Council.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.