Southernhay Avenue | Cliftonwood
GUIDE PRICE RANGE £550,000 - £565,000
An inviting and spacious 2/3 bedroom Victorian end terrace house set in a quiet cul-de-sac close to the harbour with a large semi open-plan kitchen/dining room, stunning loft room and walled rear garden.
The property is laid out and functions as a 3 bedroomed house but the loft room has an open staircase and as such legally can’t be classified as a bedroom.
The property has a bright, relaxed and pared back feel with exposed floorboards and whitewashed walls.
The accommodation flows really well with a sociable kitchen/dining area with wood burning stove and separate sitting room/snug. Upstairs there are 3 double bedrooms and a generous bathroom.
The location is really special. The cul-de-sac is both quiet and friendly and within walking distance to the harbourside, Clifton Village and the local (and extremely popular) pub ‘The Lion’ - famed for its Sunday lunches.
- Set in a quiet cul-de-sac close to the harbourside
- Victorian end of terrace house
- 2 bedrooms plus a stunning loft room
- Large semi open-plan kitchen/dining room
- Cosy sitting room
- Walled rear garden
entrance door with large opaque glazed overlight with steps rising up into the entrance hall.
stairs rising to the first floor, door to sitting room and large opening through to the dining room/kitchen. Ornate arched stained glass window to the side elevation, exposed wooden flooring, high level meter cupboard housing the gas and electricity meters and the fuse box.
SITTING ROOM: 11' 2'' x 10' 10'' (3.40m x 3.30m)
a bright sitting room with 2 large double glazed sash windows to the front elevation, ceiling cornicing, exposed wooden flooring, feature cast iron fireplace with tiled lapels and marble surround and mantle and a slate hearth, radiator, recessed spotlights.
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/DINING ROOM:
measured and described separately as follows:
Dining Area 13' 3'' x 12' 4'' into chimney recess (4.04m x 3.76m)
continuation of the exposed wooden flooring, double glazed window to the rear elevation, large recessed fireplace with slate hearth and wood burning stove, radiator, useful understairs storage cupboard, large opening through to:-
Kitchen: 9' 8'' x 9' 4'' (2.94m x 2.84m)
double glazed window to the side elevation, multi paned glazed door to the rear elevation opening out into the back garden. Range of wall and base units incorporating working surfaces, 1½ bowl sink unit with draining board and mixer tap, 4 ring gas hob, Neff electric oven beneath, space and plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, space for tall fridge/freezer, wall mounted gas combination boiler and tiled floor.
doors open out to bedrooms 1 and 2 and family bathroom/wc, stairs rise to the loft room. Understairs storage.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 14' 10'' into chimney recess x 12' 1'' (4.52m x 3.68m)
recessed spotlights, 2 large sash windows to the front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 12' 5'' x 9' 9'' into chimney recess (3.78m x 2.97m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation, exposed wooden flooring, recessed spotlights, cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: 9' 9'' x 9' 7'' into chimney recess (2.97m x 2.92m)
generous bathroom with low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, large shower cubicle with mains fed shower, large cast iron bath, cast iron fireplace, opaque double glazed window to the rear elevation, extractor fan, radiator and towel rail.
LOFT ROOM: 20' 10'' into restricted ceiling height x 14' 10'' (6.35m x 4.52m)
a remarkable space which cannot be officially described as a bedroom due to the stairwell access but currently arranged as a large bedroom and work from home space with 3 large Velux skylight windows, 2 to the front which offer far reaching views over the south of Bristol and glimpses of the harbour. An attractive circular stained glass window to the side elevation, eaves storage space, radiator.
REAR GARDEN: 18' 0'' length x approx 16' 0'' width (5.48m x 4.87m)
courtyard garden enclosed by high stone wall.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.