South Terrace | Redland
Enjoying a peaceful, secluded position just a moment’s stroll from Whiteladies Road; this charming and most attractive 3 bedroom, 2 bath/shower period mews house, offers modern open plan living with tasteful and beautifully styled interiors whilst retaining many character features, as well as enjoying a wonderful southerly facing garden.
The mews is to be found tucked away on a quiet side street featuring an attractive collection of period homes, in a family orientated area convenient for St Johns Primary School and close to the acres of green open spaces of the Downs.
The shops, cafes and restaurants of Whiteladies Road are only a short, level stroll away, whilst there is easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, the universities, the BBC and city hospitals, as well as Redland and Temple Meads train stations.
Ground Floor: spacious entrance hallway with built in boot cupboard and understairs storage cupboards, elegant sitting room with wood burning stove and French doors leading onto the sunny garden, as well as connecting seamlessly through to the kitchen/dining area and reception 2/snug.
First Floor: spacious landing, principal bedroom with large sash window, built in wardrobes and ensuite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/wc.
Private lawned level garden with paved seating area enjoying much of the day's sunshine.
An enticing and most attractive period home in an enviable location.
- A very attractive Victorian cottage
- Set in a a peaceful, secluded position moments from Whiteladies Road
- Large south facing garden
- Large sociable kitchen/dining space
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Offered with no onward chain
via garden gate and pathway leading through walled southerly facing garden to the main front door to the property.
spacious and light entrance hall with original ceiling coving and rose, feature arched overlight allowing natural light to float through, Travertine stone tiled floor, radiator, staircase rising to first floor landing with useful understairs storage, further built in cupboard, inset spotlights, 2 understairs cupboards and doors through to sitting room and kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: (14' 1'' max into chimney recess x 11' 8'') (4.29m x 3.55m)
original cornicing and ceiling rose, recessed fireplace with wood burning stove and flagstone hearth, glazed period French doors with arched overlight and working wooden shutters leading directly out onto the southerly facing gardens and wall opening leading into the kitchen/dining space.
KITCHEN/DINING SPACE: (22' 1'' x 13' 6'' max in kitchen area/8'6 in dining area) (6.73m x 4.11m/2.59m)
large sociable kitchen/dining space flowing into the sitting room with a range of modern fitted matt grey kitchen units with wood block worktop over and large central island with inset sink, further base level units and integrated dishwasher, fridge and freezer and washer/dryer. Appliance space for large range cooker, part tiled walls, Travertine stone tiled floor, radiators, inset spotlights and bi-folding doors leading into snug/reception.
SNUG/RECEPTION 2: (11' 6'' x 8' 7'') (3.50m x 2.61m)
useful additional sitting room with large double glazed atrium skylight window affording plenty of natural light, radiator and inset spotlights.
spacious landing with large Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through landing and stairwell, doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3/study and bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (14' 4'' max into chimney recess x 12' 2'') (4.37m x 3.71m)
large southerly facing sash window to front with pleasant leafy outlook over neighbouring gardens, built in wardrobes to chimney recess, painted wood panelling with wall mounted bedside lamps, radiator and door accessing:
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (8' 5'' x 2' 10'') (2.56m x 0.86m)
smart en suite shower room comprising shower enclosure with system fed Grohe shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash basin, part tiled walls and floor, extractor fan and Velux skylight window.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 3'' max and into recess x 11' 4'') (4.34m x 3.45m)
windows to rear, period style cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, built in corner cupboard housing the boiler and radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (7' 10'' x 8' 2'' max/5'10 min) (2.39m x 2.49m/1.78m)
feature arched sash window to front, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (8' 6'' x 5' 4'') (2.59m x 1.62m)
stylish, recently updated bathroom with a white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over and glass screen, low level wc with concealed cistern and wash basin, extractor fan, tiled floor, part tiled walls, heated towel rail and Velux skylight window.
FRONT GARDEN: (approx. 38' 0'' x 28' 0'' narrowing to 23'0) (11.57m x 8.53m/7.01m)
a wonderful southerly facing garden to the front of the property mainly laid to lawn with apple tree and hedgerows providing privacy, sunken seating area closest to the property, shed, wood store and outside tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.