Rokeby Avenue, Redland
A bright and spacious 5 double bedroom, 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached family home situated in the heart of leafy Redland. Further benefiting from off street parking, excellent loft and cellar storage and a level 32ft rear garden.
Positioned in a central Redland location and close to so much including Cotham Gardens Park, Redland train station and the shops, cafes, restaurants and bus connections of Whiteladies Road. Gloucester Road and other central areas are also within easy reach as are excellent local schools including Cotham Gardens Primary and Cotham Secondary.
Ground Floor: impressive and welcoming central entrance hallway, 21’1” x 18’9” sociable kitchen/dining/living area, separate sitting room overlooking the rear garden, reception 2/playroom leads through to a good sized utility room and ground floor bathroom/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: landing and games room/reception 3.
First Floor: central landing with 3 double bedrooms, one of which has an en suite shower room/wc, principal family bathroom/wc and 2 further double bedrooms lead off the upper and lower mezzanine landings.
Outside: the front of the property is landscaped to provide off road parking with a pathway leading up the left hand side of the building where there is gated access to a lovely 32ft x 18ft landscaped rear garden with plenty of space to sit out and enjoy and a useful storage shed/bike store.
An incredibly well proportioned period family home with versatile accommodation and a pretty rear garden.
- A bright and spacious Victorian semi-detached family home
- Situated in the heart of leafy Redland
- 5 double bedrooms (1 with en suite)
- 3 reception rooms
- Off street parking
- Level 32ft rear garden
- Excellent loft and cellar storage
via garden gate and pathway leading up the left hand side of the building beside the front garden and off street parking where a short way along you will find the main entrance to the property.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (21' 7'' x 7' 4'' inclusive of staircase (6.57m x 2.23m))
a spacious and welcoming central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling coving, period staircase rising to first floor landing, radiator, original tessellated tiled floor and engineered oak floor, door to front accesses the large family kitchen/dining room and further doors to the rear access reception 2/playroom and a staircase descending to the lower ground floor where you will find an incredibly useful storage cellar space and a further reception room to the rear.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING SPACE: (21' 1'' max into chimney recess x 18' 9'' max into bay window (6.42m x 5.71m))
a wonderful large kitchen/dining/living space spanning the entire width of the property (formerly 2 rooms) with a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over, central island unit with storage, ample space for dining room table and chairs and seating furniture. The kitchen has appliance space and plumbing for American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher and range cooker with glass splashback and built in chimney hood over, inset Belfast style sink. Feature fireplace with wood burning stove and oak mantle, built in open shelving and cabinets to chimney recesses, wide bay window to front comprising double glazed windows with inset original stained glass panels over, 2 contemporary upright radiators, tiled flooring with partial underfloor heating.
SITTING ROOM: ((rear) 17' 3'' max into bay x 12' 2'' max into chimney recess (5.25m x 3.71m))
(accessed off reception 3/playroom) a large sitting room with bay to rear comprising double glazed windows overlooking the rear garden, chimney recess, radiator and several steps lead down through a doorway into reception 2/playroom.
RECEPTION 2/PLAYROOM (14' 10'' x 9' 5'' (4.52m x 2.87m))
built in storage cupboards and open shelving to chimney recesses, engineered oak flooring, window to rear overlooking the rear garden and doorway connecting through to the utility room.
UTILITY ROOM: (13' 0'' x 5' 8'' (3.96m x 1.73m))
a range of base level units with wood block worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit with plumbing and appliance space beneath for washing machine, dryer and freezer. Wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler, double glazed windows to side, Velux skylight window, tiled floor and door to rear accessing ground floor bathroom/wc.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 5'' x 5' 5'' (2.26m x 1.65m))
a white suite comprising panelled curved ended bath with mixer taps, shower attachment and curved glass shower screen, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, double glazed window to side, Velux skylight window and chrome effect heated towel rail.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
with latched door into an internal cellar storage space (7’7” x 6’9”) (2.31m x 2.06m) and doorway accessing lower ground floor games room/reception 4.
GAMES ROOM/RECEPTION 3: (16' 2'' max into bay x 11' 10'' with a ceiling height of 6'10"(4.92m x 3.60m/2.08m))
currently used as a games/music room, this useful space has two small high level windows to rear looking out towards the rear garden, inset spotlights and a radiator.
a spacious landing with plenty of natural light provided by high level skylight window over and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/wc. There is a door accessing bedroom 4 off the lower mezzanine half landing and off the upper mezzanine half landing there is access to bedroom 5 and a useful walk in storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 1: (17' 3'' max into bay x 12' 7'' max into chimney recess (5.25m x 3.83m))
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, wide bay to rear comprising double glazed windows, an attractive period cast iron fireplace.
BEDROOM 2: ((front) 18' 9'' max into doorway x 11' 1'' (5.71m x 3.38m))
En Suite Shower Room/wc: (7' 8'' x 4' 8'' (2.34m x 1.42m))
a white suite comprising corner shower enclosure with system fed power shower, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, tiled floor with underfloor heating, part tiled walls, inset spotlights, extractor fan, heated towel/radiator and shaver point.
BEDROOM 3: ((front) 15' 0'' x 9' 4'' max into chimney recess (4.57m x 2.84m))
high ceilings with picture rail, double glazed window to front and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: ((rear) 15' 5'' x 9' 4'' max into chimney recess (4.70m x 2.84m))
(off lower mezzanine landing) a double bedroom with double glazed window to rear, high ceilings, cast iron period fireplace and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (15' 4'' x 9' 6'' max into chimney recess (4.67m x 2.89m))
(off upper mezzanine landing) a double bedroom with double glazed window to rear, radiator and high level hatch accessing a generous loft storage space.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (8' 0'' x 10' 4'' (2.44m x 3.15m))
a tastefully presented family bathroom comprising free standing double ended bath with floor mounted mixer taps and shower attachment, oversized shower enclosure with dual headed system fed power shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, high ceilings, double glazed windows to side, part tiled walls, tiled floor with underfloor heating, chrome effect heated towel rail and extractor fan.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
the frontage of the property is landscaped to block paving providing off street parking with a pathway beside leading up to the front door and handy gated side access through to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 32' 0'' x 18' 0'' min (9.75m x 5.48m))
a good sized low maintenance rear garden mainly laid to artificial lawn with decked seating area, raised flower borders and generous built in bike store/shed. There is an outside tap and handy gated side access, useful for bicycle access etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.