Redland Road | Redland
An outstanding five double bedroom, four reception room detached family home in the heart of Redland with a truly breathtaking 150ft south-westerly facing rear garden, along with off street parking.
Expansive lateral accommodation (3,454sq.ft.) with many retained period features, plenty of natural light and incredible sense of space.
Spectacular, sunny level rear garden of an exceptional scale (150ft by 70ft max) offering the outdoor space many crave and is rarely seen in central Bristol.
Ground Floor: a wonderful central entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room (21ft by 14ft) with double doors connecting through to a large second reception room (17ft by 14ft), family room/reception 3 that opens out on to the sunny rear garden. Separate kitchen/breakfast room accessing a conservatory. Utility room, garden store/boot room and cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: spacious central landing, 5 double bedrooms with the principal suite consisting of a dressing room and ensuite. Family bathroom/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: landing, reception 4/cinema room, cloakroom/wc and boiler cupboard/store.
Driveway off street parking and gated side access through to the rear garden.
An exceptional family home with balanced accommodation and what must be one of the largest gardens in Redland.
- An oustanding detached family home in the heart of Redland
- Spectacular 150ft sunny level rear garden
- Five double bedrooms and four reception rooms
- Retained period features and plenty of natural light
- Driveway off street parking
- Lower ground floor games room
- Circa 3500 sq ft
via stone pillars entering the tarmac driveway, leading beside an attractive front garden. The driveway leads up the right hand side of the property where it approaches the main entrance.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 24' 6'' x 7' 4'' (7.46m x 2.23m)
wonderful, wide welcoming entrance with staircase sweeping up to the first floor landing. High ceilings with ornate ceiling cornicing, parquet wood flooring, period style cast iron radiators. Door understairs accessing inner hallway which in turn houses the staircase down to the lower ground floor. Further doors off to the kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom/wc and boot room. Doors in the main entrance hallway radiate to the sitting room, dining/reception room 2, family/reception room 3 and the kitchen/breakfast room.
SITTING ROOM: 21' 1'' x 14' 5'' (6.42m x 4.39m)
an elegant bay fronted room with three period feature arched sash windows to front with working wooden shutters, high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, period style cast iron fireplace with marble surround, mantle and slate hearth. Cable TV point, radiators and central double doors within wide wall opening connecting through to:
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: 17' 9'' x 14' 5'' (5.41m x 4.39m)
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, two period feature arched sash windows to the front elevation with working wooden shutters, radiator, and door connecting through to the entrance hallway.
FAMILY ROOM/RECEPTION 3: 15' 2'' x 10' 11'' (4.62m x 3.32m)
high ceilings with original cornicing and picture rail, period style fireplace with gas coal effect fire, white marble surround and mantle with slate hearth, parquet style flooring, period style radiator and double glazed double doors to rear elevation opening out onto the exceptional rear garden.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 19' 4'' x 14' 0'' (5.89m x 4.26m)
modern fitted kitchen comprising gloss white units with granite worktop over and inset stainless steel 1½ bowl sink with boiling water tap over. There is a large central island with grey gloss units and inset ceramic hob and overhanging breakfast bar. Further run of wall units with integrated eye level Bosch ovens and microwave combi oven, as well as fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Parquet style flooring, inset spotlights, built-in alcove shelving, contemporary upright radiator and part glazed door to rear accessing the:-
CONSERVATORY: 13' 2'' x 11' 10'' (4.01m x 3.60m)
double glazed windows on three sides and double doors opening out onto to the paved sitting out area of the rear garden. Radiator, parquet style flooring.
UTILITY ROOM: 12' 5'' x 5' 7'' (3.78m x 1.70m)
range built-in units with worktop over and stainless steel sink. Integrate fridge and further appliance space for washing machine and dryer. Part glazed door to rear accessing a garden store/boot room which connects through to the rear garden.
low level wc, pedestal wash handbasin, heated towel rail, part tiled walls and window to front elevation.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
central landing with doors off to a cloakroom/wc and a boiler room which houses a modern Worcester gas boiler, a pressurised hot water tank and also provides additional storage space. Wall opening through to the:-
ENTERTAINMENT ROOM/RECEPTION 4: 19' 0'' x 13' 6'' (5.79m x 4.11m)
a lower ground floor room with ceiling height of approximately 6’2”- perfect for a cinema/games room. High level windows to front overlooking the front garden, wood effect flooring and inset spotlights.
low level wc, wash handbasin, extractor fan and inset spotlights.
a spacious central landing with large opaque glazed sash window to side elevation, flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light. Doors radiate to bedrooms 1, 2, 3 (off lower mezzanine landing), 4 and the family bathroom. Further doors access a recessed linen cupboard, and a concealed staircase that leads up to bedroom 5 (on the upper mezzanine level).
BEDROOM 1: 17' 2'' x 14' 5'' (5.23m x 4.39m)
a lovely principal bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail. Wide bay to front elevation comprising three sash windows, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiators, an attractive fireplace and door accessing a walk-through Dressing area with ample built-in open wardrobes, shelving and drawers, which in turn connects through to the:
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
white suite comprising oversized shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin with drawers beneath, tiled floor, part tiled walls and large window to side elevation.
BEDROOM 2: 17' 9'' x 18' 2'' (5.41m x 5.53m)
large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail and two large sash windows to the front elevation offering a leafy outlook over the front garden and street scene. Period style radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 7'' x 11' 0'' (4.44m x 3.35m)
accessed form lower mezzanine landing. Double bedroom with period fireplace, period style radiator, sash window to rear offering a lovely open outlook over the rear garden.
BEDROOM 4: 13' 11'' x 10' 5'' (4.24m x 3.17m)
double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, period style radiator and sash window offering the same open outlook as bedroom 3.
well appointed family bathroom comprising double ended bath with central mixer taps, a shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash basin with built-in mirror over, inset spotlights, extractor fan, double glazed windows to rear, radiator/heated towel rail and tiled floor.
UPPER MEZZANINE FLOOR
Accessed via a doorway off the first floor landing, a half flight of steps runs up into:
BEDROOM 5: 13' 9'' x 10' 10'' (4.19m x 3.30m)
double bedroom with low level feature sash window to rear elevation offering glorious outlook over rear garden. Radiator, inset spotlights and high level hatch accessing loft storage space.
FRONR GARDEN & DRIVEWAY PARKING:
the property is set well back from the road and enjoys a level lawned front garden with stone boundary walls and mature flower borders containing various plants and shrubs. There is a tarmac driveway providing off street parking and gated side access through to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN 150' 0'' x 50' 0'' widening to a max of over 70'0" (45.69m x 15.23m/21.34m)
a truly breathtaking large south-westerly facing rear garden of a scale, orientation and topography rarely seen in Bristol. The garden has an incredibly private, expansive and ‘park like’ feel. It is mainly laid to a level lawn with wonderful deep borders containing various shrubs and trees with some further mature trees located in various points throughout the lawn offering privacy and welcome shade given its very sunny aspect. The garden boundary has also been fully secured, making it safe for children and pets. To the bottom of garden there is an insulated outbuilding currently arranged as a gym and garden store, but could make a great home office. There are also various lights, outdoor water taps and power sockets throughout the garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: G
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.