Redland Road | Redland
A handsome and exceptionally spacious 7 double bedroom, 4 reception room, late Victorian period detached family house within 400 metres of Westbury Park Primary School and 700 metres of Redland Green Secondary School. Also benefits from off-street parking space, garage and a town garden.
Located on the doorstep of the Downs and within easy walking distance of the amenities to be found on Whiteladies Road and North View.
Enjoys a welcoming atmosphere and offers an exciting opportunity for the next owners to update and improve in the fullness of time
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, cloakroom/wc, reception hallway, drawing room, sitting room, study, rear lobby, kitchen/breakfast room
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite bathroom/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4/laundry room, family shower room/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 5, bedroom 6, bedroom 7, family bathroom/wc.
Outside: off-street parking space, single garage and low maintenance rear garden.
Generously proportioned throughout; this is a large, impressive and most civilised home.
- Detached Victorian family house
- 7 double bedrooms (1 en suite)
- 4 reception rooms
- Low maintenance level rear garden
- Single garage
- Off street parking space
- Circa 700m from Redland Green School
- Close to The Downs
- A large, spacious and civilised home
- Council Tax Band: G
from the pavement pass between the stone pillars and you will find an open porch and solid wooden front door which opens into:-
ceiling cornice, inset floormat, window to front elevation and part glazed door with glazed surrounds opens into reception hall and further door leads to:-
half height wall tiling, low level wc, wall mounted wash handbasin, sash window, extractor fan and radiator.
ceiling cornice, dado rail, radiator, doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and to useful large walk-in cloaks cupboard, and staircase with stripped wooden handrail rises to first floor landing.
DRAWING ROOM: (front) (20' 2'' x 15' 0'') (6.14m x 4.57m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, period style fireplace with cast iron insert and tiled reveals, three sash bay window to front elevation, two radiators, wooden double doors open into the study.
SITTING ROOM: (rear) (21' 6'' x 15' 4'') (6.55m x 4.67m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, three sash bay window to rear elevation, period style fireplace with cast iron insert and tiled reveals, two radiators.
STUDY: (front) (15' 11'' x 10' 5'') (4.85m x 3.17m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, two sash windows to front elevation, radiator and double doors open back into the drawing room.
steps at the rear of the reception hall lead down to the Kitchen/Breakfast room, and further door leads down to the cellar rooms.
(with a circa 40'0/12.19m max through measurement) but described and measured separately as follows:-
BREAKFAST ROOM: (20' 10'' x 11' 0'') (6.35m x 3.35m)
sash window to rear elevation, pine dresser with display shelving, drawers and cupboards beneath, large surround with centrally located Potterton Kingfisher gas boiler, oak wooden floorboards, two radiators and archway opens into kitchen.
KITCHEN: (18' 3'' x 8' 2'') (5.56m x 2.49m)
good range of base and wall mounted units with butchers block style work surfaces with 1½ bowl sink unit with mixer tap, built-in dishwasher, space for fridge, space for large range style cooker with extractor hood, oak floorboards, double-glazed upvc windows to side elevation and further sliding double-glazed doors lead onto the rear garden, two large Velux ceiling skylights, ceiling downlighters, tall radiator and internal door to garage.
Collection of 5/6 cellar rooms with no natural light and restricted head height of circa 6ft. Electricity meters, fuses, gas meters.
doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and staircase descends to mezzanine half landing (with access to bedroom 4) and also rises to second floor landing via further mezzanine half landing (with access to bedroom 5).
BEDROOM 1: (front) (20' 5'' x 14' 11'') (6.22m x 4.54m)
ceiling cornice, three sash bay window to front elevation, two radiators, interconnecting door to bedroom 3 and further door to:-
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash handbasin and bath in tiled surround, two sash windows to side elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (17' 5'' x 15' 5'') (5.30m x 4.70m)
ceiling cornice, period fireplace with marble surround and cast iron insert with tiled reveals, two sash windows to rear elevation, two radiators, door leads into family shower room/wc with Jack and Jill door (see later).
BEDROOM 3: (front) (16' 1'' x 10' 6'') (4.90m x 3.20m)
ceiling cornice, two sash windows to front elevation, radiator and door leads back into Bedroom 1.
BEDROOM 4/LAUNDRY ROOM: (20' 9'' x 11' 0'') (6.32m x 3.35m)
(on mezzanine landing between ground and first floor) formally a bedroom but currently used as a laundry. Ceiling cornice, sash window to rear elevation, plumbing for washing machine, wash handbasin with tiled splashback, radiator, useful storage and airing cupboard housing hot water tank.
FAMILY SHOWER ROOM/WC:
white suite comprising low level wc and pedestal wash handbasin, shower cubicle with Mira electric shower unit with tiled surround, sash window to side elevation and radiator (Jack and Jill door leads into bedroom 2 so doubles as an en-suite).
doors radiate to all rooms on this floor, useful walk-in loft storage space, and stairs descend to half landing and access to:-
BEDROOM 5: (on half landing) (20' 10'' x 11' 1'') (6.35m x 3.38m)
two sash windows to rear elevation, radiator and wall mounted wash handbasin.
BEDROOM 6: (front) (15' 11'' x 13' 1'') (4.85m x 3.98m)
two sash windows to front elevation, radiator, stainless steel sink unit with cupboards beneath and tiled splashback.
BEDROOM 7: (rear) (15' 10'' x 13' 8'') (4.82m x 4.16m)
casement windows to rear elevation, radiator,
coloured suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash handbasin, panelled bath, casement windows to side elevation, radiator and doors open into tank room.
shrub border and flower beds behind stone wall.
OFF STREET PARKING:
parking for one vehicle in front of garage.
GARAGE: (16' 10'' x 9' 11'') (5.13m x 3.02m)
power and light, up and over door and window to side elevation. Internal door into kitchen.
REAR GARDEN: (24' 0'' x 18' 0'' excl. parking & garage/34'0 max) (7.31m x 5.48m/10.36m)
laid to lawn with timber edged beds with flowering shrubs and bushes and Wisteria and side gate which leads through to the front and side entrance.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.