Raglan Road | Bishopston
An elegant, well proportioned and extended, 4 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, 2 reception room three storey mid-terraced Victorian period family house, of circa 1,450 sq. ft., with sunny rear garden on a popular road in Bishopston just a moments stroll from Gloucester Road.
Coveted location - a sought after road in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Bishopston with the fantastic independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road just a short level walk away, handy for the Downs and St Andrews Park and within easy reach to the city centre, Clifton Village, Whiteladies Road, Bristol University, main hospitals, BBC, plus other local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens.
Within 650 metres of Redland Green Secondary School and 200 metres of Bishop Road Primary School.
Lovely atmosphere with many period features including fireplaces, ornate ceiling plasterwork, exposed wooden floorboards etc., 23ft x 17ft fully enclosed south facing rear garden.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen.
First Floor: landing, 3 bedrooms, family bath/shower room.
Second Floor: landing, double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Outside: front courtyard, easy maintenance south facing rear garden.
A most appealing period residence offering gracious accommodation with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character, high quality contemporary additions and lots of light and space.
- Mid-terraced Victorian family home
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Circa 1,450sq.ft
- South facing rear garden
- Sought after road in Bishopston
- Architect plans drawn for side return extension
- Within 650 metres of Redland Green Secondary School
- Close to popular Gloucester Road
from the pavement there are gate pillars with wrought iron pedestrian gate opening on to a pathway leading to the front entrance. Coloured wood panelled front door with brass door furniture, fan light and external light opening to:-
inlaid entrance amt and exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail and ornate moulded cornicing. Mounted meter box. Part glazed wooden door with overlight, opening to:-
exposed wooden floorboards and ornate ceiling arch, elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornate spindles, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, two ceiling light points, radiator. Two understair storage cupboards. Four panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (14' 9'' x 13' 3'') (4.49m x 4.04m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three wooden double glazed sash windows. Central open fire with cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, marble hearth and ornately carved wooden mantle piece. Recesses to either side of chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, exposed wooden floorboards, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose. Radiator and ceiling light point.
DINING ROOM: (16' 11'' x 12' 1'') (5.15m x 3.68m)
double glazed double doors opening externally on to the side return and enjoying a southerly orientation, period fireplace with cast iron surround, marble hearth and ornately carved wooden mantle piece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with shelving and double opening cupboard), exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, two ceiling light points. Wall opening through to:-
KITCHEN: (10' 5'' x 7' 11'') (3.17m x 2.41m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of shaker style base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets. Roll edged quartz worktops with matching upstands and stainless steel 1½ bowl sink with swan neck mixer tap over. Integral appliances including tall fridge/freezer, electric oven, 4 ring gas hob and extractor hood. Space for dishwasher, space and plumbing for washer/dryer, tiled flooring, double glazed window to the side elevation, inset ceiling downlights.
part galleried over the stairwell and with turning staircase ascending to the second floor having handrail and ornately carved spindles. Moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rails and ceiling light point. Four panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 2: (12' 2'' x 10' 8'') (3.71m x 3.25m)
double glazed window enjoying a southerly orientation and overlooking the rear garden, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, built-in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (11' 11'' x 10' 8'') (3.63m x 3.25m)
pair of wooden double glazed sash windows to the front elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point, built-in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving.
BEDROOM 4: (12' 2'' x 5' 9'') (3.71m x 1.75m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation, radiator, moulded skirtings, shelving, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: (10' 8'' x 5' 9'') (3.25m x 1.75m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment. Recessed walk-in style shower with built in shower unit, fully tiled surround, overhead circular shower and handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wall mounted wash handbasin with mixer tap and pull-out drawers below. Tiled flooring and walls to dado height, Velux window, shaver point, inset ceiling downlights, heated towel rail/radiator.
part galleried over the stairwell and with two Velux windows, moulded skirtings, dado rail, inset ceiling downlights, four panelled door with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (22' 11'' x 15' 9'') (6.98m x 4.80m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation enjoying a southerly orientation, eaves storage cupboards, Velux window to the front elevation, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights. Door to:-
En Suite Shower Room: (9' 0'' x 4' 10'') (2.74m x 1.47m)
having part restricted head height. Recessed shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower unit and handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash handbasin with mixer tap and splash back tiling. Tiled flooring, two Velux windows to the front elevation, heated towel rail/ radiator, wall light point, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
designed for ease of maintenance with dwarf stone wall and wrought iron railing, border featuring an attractive Acer and other flowering plants.
REAR GARDEN: (34' 0'' max/23'0 min x 17' 0'' incl. side return) (10.36m/7.01m x 5.18m)
immediately to the rear of the fining room there is a patio which provides ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecue etc. This leads to lawned area being enclosed on all sides by brick/fence boundaries. Enjoying a sunny southerly orientation. Outside water tap, useful lean-to storage room and outside lighting.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 1000 year lease which commenced on 25 March 1879. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.