Portland Square | City Centre
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £350,000 - £375,000.
Located in historic Portland Square, a well-proportioned & stylish two double bedroom penthouse occupying the entirety of the top floor of an attractive Grade I listed building. Benefiting from an off-street parking space alongside being offered to the market with no onward chain. The apartment is also within a short stroll of nearby Cabot Circus alongside all the other vast amenities the city centre has to offer.
Situated on the leafy & green Portland Square within the heart of the city centre, the square was originally laid out in the early 18th century as one of Bristol's first suburbs. The square is a demonstration of the finest Georgian architecture designed by Daniel Hague circa 1820.
The apartment is conveniently located being within a short walking distance to nearby Cabot Circus with an array of various shops & restaurants, alongside the other limitless necessities within the City Centre. The favourable location also benefits from easy access to essential Bristol transport links such as the M32, Bristol coach station and the nearby Bristol Temple Meads train station.
Two double bedroom penthouse apartment
Offering circa 900 sq. ft. of space across the top floor of an early 18th century grade I listed Georgian building on the historic Portland Square.
Large and sociable open plan kitchen/living space.
Off street parking space.
Convenient city centre location.
Master en-suite shower room.
To be offered with no onward chain.
- Located in leafy & green historic Portland Square
- A well-proportioned & stylish penthouse apartment
- Two double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room)
- Large and sociable open plan kitchen/living space
- Circa 900 sq. ft of space across the entire top floor of the building
- Early 18th century Grade I listed building
- Convenient city centre location
- Off street parking space
- To be offered with no onward chain
the property, despite being on Portland Square itself, the communal entrance is actually accessed off Pembroke Street where from the pavement a stone step ascends to a large four-panelled wooden front door. Door opens to:-
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE HALLWAY:
a well lit and well maintained area with various assorted post trays, tiled floor and private entrances to the ground floor flats. Spiral staircase descends down to basement flat and also ascends all the way to the top floor where the private entrance to Flat 6 can be found immediately in front of you. Wood panelled front door opens to:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (13' 0'' x 3' 0'') (3.96m x 0.91m)
an L shaped entrance hallway with doors off to all principal rooms including living/kitchen, bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bathroom/wc. Door to utility cupboard. Wood laminate flooring, radiator, intercom telephone system, fire alarm, wall mounted shelving units, ceiling downlights, thermostat.
LARGE OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: (22' 3'' x 19' 5'') (6.78m x 5.91m)
an incredibly social living space currently split as an 80/20 split with kitchen being fitted with laminate flooring and living area laid to fitted carpet. Three large single sash windows overlooking front elevation towards Portland Square, with one further large single sash window overlooking side elevation allowing plenty of natural light through. Measured as one, but described separately as follows:-
radiator, moulded skirting boards, inset ceiling downlights, internet point, telephone point.
stylish kitchen with large island in between, being a nice break between the living and kitchen space. The island has quartz effect laminate roll edged worktop with helpful storage drawers beneath. Range of base units with quartz effect laminate roll edged worktop, space for fridge/freezer, integrated oven with 4 ring induction hob above and overhead extractor hood. Stainless steel sink with swan neck mixer tap over and drainer unit to side, integrated Bosch dishwasher, space for washer/dryer.
BEDROOM 1: (13' 8'' x 13' 2'') (4.16m x 4.01m)
a large double bedroom with single glazed sash windows overlooking rear garden, moulded skirting boards, radiator, inset ceiling downlights, fitted carpet. Wood panelled door to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
wood laminate effect flooring, low level wc, chrome towel radiator, inset ceiling downlights, shower cubicle with wall mounted controls and shower head above, floor standing hand wash basin with chrome effect tap, two large white square tile splashback above, shaving point, extractor fan.
LARGE UTILITY CUPBOARD:
handy for storage space with inset ceiling downlight, electric meter, alarm, hot water tank and water pressure cistern.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 5'' x 8' 7'') (4.09m x 2.61m)
a large double bedroom with single glazed sash window overlooking side elevation towards Cabot Circus and further single glazed sash window overlooking rear elevation, fitted carpet, moulded skirting boards, radiator, inset ceiling downlights.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 2'' x 5' 0'') (2.79m x 1.52m)
frosted sash window overlooking side elevation, wood effect laminate flooring, chrome towel radiator, low level wc, shower cubicle with decorative white tiled surrounds and Mira electric shower with wall mounted controls, floor standing hand wash basin with chrome effect tap, shaver point, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan. Loft hatch useful for storage space.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease from and including 1 January 2016 to and including 31 December 3014. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the annual service charge is £2,107 p.a. (i.e. approx. £175.58 per month) This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: C.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.