Pembroke Road | Clifton
Rarely seen to market, a truly one of a kind three bedroom (two doubles + study room) garden apartment offering nearly 2,000 sq. ft. of internal space alongside private access to its very own rear garden measuring an incredible 70ft x 50ft. Located on one of Clifton’s most coveted roads, in close proximity to the beautiful Durdham Downs, this property is perfectly nestled between the vibrant Clifton Village and Whiteladies Road, ensuring easy access to a wide range of amenities. The apartment is situated on the lower ground floor of an impressive semi-detached Victorian building. Its generous internal and external dimensions, combined with a private entrance, resulting in an atmosphere reminiscent of a house rather than an apartment.
Occupying the lower ground floor of a beautiful semi-detached Victorian building, the apartment has been extensively renovated by the current owners, yet still retains many period features.
Two double bedrooms + study room.
Circa 1,962 sq ft.
Exceptionally large 70ft x 50ft private rear garden.
Lots of natural light coming through from the front and rear elevations.
Various storage throughout.
Clifton enjoys an enviable reputation with an eclectic and diverse range of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is varied and striking with 400 acres of open space found on the nearby Durdham Downs which is within a stone's throw. A short level stroll away is the ever popular Whiteladies Road with Clifton Village itself only a little further afield.
- Rarely seen to market, a truly one of a kind garden apartment
- 3 bedrooms (2 doubles + study room)
- Offering nearly 2,000 sq. ft. of accommodation
- 70ft x 50ft private rear garden
- Private entrance
- Plenty of natural light coming through from the front & rear elevations.
- Desirable Clifton location
from the road the property is accessed over a level concrete pathway leading beside the communal front garden of the property, pathway leads up besides the communal entrance to the upper flats on the left hand side via cast iron metal gate. Secondary concrete pathway leads to a wooden entrance door which is the private entrance for the garden flat. Through the wooden door you are immediately into the private rear garden of the garden flat which is a truly exceptional space. Seven concrete steps descend down to a small patio area which leads to the private entrance to the flat itself. Two stone steps ascend up to the main area of the garden. Wooden door with glass insert opens into:-
large entrance corridor with inset doormat, tumbled limestone tiled flooring. Doors to bathroom and kitchen. This corridor subsequently leads out onto:-
L shaped hallway laid with tumbled limestone tiled flooring. Doors off to sitting room, dining room, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, home office and store room.
SITTING ROOM: (30' 11'' x 16' 2'') (9.42m x 4.92m)
accessed off the central hallway via wooden doors with glass panel is an exceptionally large living space, laid with fitted carpet, plenty of natural light coming through from the front elevation into the bay of the lower ground floor via single glazed sash windows, moulded skirting boards, gas radiators, two ceiling light points, telephone point, internet point. Cast iron fireplace with wooden surround. Door leading to:-
laid with lino flooring, space for freestanding washer/dryer, low level wc, moulded skirting boards, floor standing wash hand basin with stainless steel taps over, small lightwell to the side elevation with single glazed sash window with natural light coming through, fuse box, ceiling light point
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (17' 7'' x 16' 3'') (5.36m x 4.95m)
semi open-plan kitchen/dining room laid with stylish tumbled limestone tiled flooring with underfloor heating throughout, described separately as follows:-
Kitchen: (17' 7'' x 5' 10'') (5.36m x 1.78m)
accessed off the entrance corridor via a wooden door with glass insert. Fitted with an array of wooden wall, base and drawer units with square edged butcher style worktops, integrated electric oven, 5 ring gas hob, single glazed window overlooking the rear elevation with a leafy outlook towards private garden, extractor fan, moulded skirting boards. Large cupboard space housing Worcester Bosch boiler. Space for freestanding fridge/freezer, ceiling light point, gas radiator. Arched walkway opening to:-
Dining Room: (16' 3'' x 8' 0'') (4.95m x 2.44m)
plenty of natural light coming through to the rear elevation via single glazed sash windows, large wooden integrated cupboard space. Door returning to central hallway.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 9'' x 13' 8'') (5.10m x 4.16m)
laid with fitted carpet, moulded skirting boards, plenty of natural light coming through from the rear elevation via two large single sash windows having a leafy outlook overlooking the private rear garden. Gas radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 11'' x 15' 8'') (4.85m x 4.77m)
plenty of natural light coming through from the front elevation via two single sash windows overlooking the communal front garden, laid with fitted carpet, moulded skirting boards, gas radiator, ceiling light point.
HOME OFFICE: (9' 7'' x 6' 2'') (2.92m x 1.88m)
laid to fitted carpet, gas radiator, ceiling light point, plenty of natural light coming through to the side elevation via single glazed sash window, moulded skirting boards.
tiled splashbacks surround on three sides, chrome towel radiator, ceiling light point, low level wc, extractor fan, single glazed sash window overlooking the rear garden and to the garden, bath, wall mounted wash hand basin with stainless steel taps over on wooden support, glass shower cubicle with wall mounted stainless steel controls and shower head over.
STORE ROOM: (11' 1'' x 7' 7'') (3.38m x 2.31m)
unconverted vaulted storage room with space for freestanding fridge/freezer amongst a host of other things, currently utilised for storage, ceiling light point
PRIVATE REAR GARDEN: (70' 0'' x 50' 0'' max) (21.32m x 15.23m)
the rear garden is separated into various parts including a large turf section which is well maintained and enclosed by a large gravel pathway on four sides, variety of deep and mature borders with an array of established plants etc. To the rear of the garden, seven wooden steps ascend to a large decked area which is the perfect al fresco dining area. Two further steps ascend to a secondary decking space which houses a large wooden shed. The other section of the garden is laid to gravel with deep mature borders and the current owners use this as a vegetable patch.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of an 890 year lease which commenced on 24 June 1976. We understand there is also an annual ground rent of £15 p.a. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
it is understood that the monthly service charge is £. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.