Park Hill | Shirehampton
A distinctive and rare detached house with potential to create a home of great character - a very large 'Stride' family home sitting in a total plot of circa 1/3rd of an acre, parking, detached garage and one of Bristol's most impressive views.
Dating from circa 1925 the property was originally built by 'Stride' for a family member. Stride houses are renowned for the build quality and individual character and 11 Park Hill is a fine example of this.
The house is set back from the road with a front garden of circa 50ft with ample driveway parking and single detached garage with pitched roof. The southerly facing rear gardens are impressive with a large expanse of lawn, a covered seating area, mature trees and a screened kitchen garden/vegetable plot at the very rear.
Bright and large accommodation of circa 3,000 sq. ft. with large primary rooms - kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room 27'8 x 14'9, dining room 16'8 x 16'1 opening out onto a charming covered balcony with far reaching southerly view to rival Tuscany!
Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms and a bathroom. On the lower ground floor is the hobby/utility space with a large study/workroom overlooking the garden.
The house is set on the leafy southerly slopes of Kingsweston Estate with woodland walks into Blaise Castle Estate almost from the door. Shirehampton village is only a few hundred metres away and has a number of local shops and a small supermarket. Straightforward access both in and out of town. The popular Shirehampton golf course is about 50 metres up the road.
South facing and productive solar panels.
Testament to the house is there have been 3 owners since new with the current owners having been here for over 40 years.
- A large detached ‘Stride’ house set in 1/3 of an acre
- Breathtaking views & a large south facing garden
- 2 generous receptions
- Open plan kitchen/breakfast room
- 4 bedrooms
- Home office and hobby space
- 3,000 sq ft
- Single detached garage & driveway parking
- Large south facing garden
driveway accessed from Park Hill providing ample off street parking. Large storm porch leading to the front door.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (approx. 11' 5'' x 9' 9'') (3.48m x 2.97m)
with original wood panelled walls including plate rack, staircase rising to the first floor, wood parquet flooring, understairs storage cupboard, glazed display cupboard and useful cloak cupboard. Door with stairs leading to the lower ground floor.
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, corner shower cubicle, opaque double glazed window to the front elevation, tiled walls, heated towel rail.
SITTING ROOM: (27' 8'' max into bay x 14' 9'') (8.43m x 4.49m)
an incredibly spacious room with exposed wooden beams, double glazed windows to front, side and rear elevations. Picture rail. Large inglenook style fireplace with woodburning stove, tiled hearth and solid wooden mantle. Display cupboards to either side of the fireplace. Two large radiators, recessed spotlights, original sliding timber doors leading into:-
DINING ROOM: (16' 8'' x 16' 1'') (5.08m x 4.90m)
another generous room with double glazed windows and doors to the rear elevation leading out onto the balcony, picture rail, original fitted dresser, radiator. Glazed door through to hall.
an outstanding feature and a wonderful place to enjoy the view with a glass of something.
described and measured separately as follows:-
Breakfast Room: (16' 1'' x 12' 8'') (4.90m x 3.86m)
double glazed windows to side and rear elevations, radiator, Karnndean vinyl flooring, pantry cupboard storage, cast iron fireplace, radiator, fitted units. Large opening through to:-
Kitchen Area: (11' 0'' x 9' 7'') (3.35m x 2.92m)
range of wall and base units with solid slate working surface, stainless steel sink unit, tiled splashbacks, 5 ring AEG gas hob with filter hood above, Bosch double oven, integrated microwave, space for tall fridge/freezer. Fischer & Paykel dishwasher. Double glazed door to the side elevation, recessed spotlights.
doors leading off to all bedrooms, radiator, window to the front elevation, access to roof storage space.
BEDROOM 1: (24' 0'' x 14' 10'' overall max measurements) (7.31m x 4.52m)
large double glazed windows to front, side and rear elevations with the most extraordinary views across from Leigh Woods to Pill and everything in between. Fitted dressing table with drawers, fitted wardrobe, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 9'' x 13' 1'') (4.80m x 3.98m)
double glazed window to rear with far reaching views and further double glazed window to side, radiator, eaves storage.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 11'' x 12' 8'') (4.24m x 3.86m)
large double glazed window to rear elevation with the same incredible far reaching views, radiator, original fitted wardrobes, wash hand basin.
BEDROOM 4: (10' 2'' x 8' 9'') (3.10m x 2.66m)
double glazed bay window to front elevation, radiator.
bath, wash hand basin, shower cubicle, low level wc, windows to front and side elevations.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
UTILITY/WORKSHOP ROOM: (25' 2'' x 12' 4'') (7.66m x 3.76m)
full standing height, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, fuse box. Door to further storage rooms and door to:-
WORKSHOP/STUDY: (14' 6'' x 12' 4'') (4.42m x 3.76m)
double glazed windows to rear elevation, radiator.
FRONT GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' x 50' 0'') (15.23m x 15.23m)
with a sweeping driveway providing ample parking, lawned front garden with mature trees including magnolia, hedgerow borders providing a great deal of privacy.
DETACHED GARAGE: (18' 1'' x 13' 4'') (5.51m x 4.06m)
with pitched roof and roller up and over door. Gated access down to the garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 130' 0'' x 55' 0'' overall incl. of vegetable garden) (39.59m x 16.75m)
the most incredible gardens with patio immediately outside the property to the rear incorporating a covered seating area with mature wisteria, large expanse of lawn with a flagstone path and steps running through the middle, lovely mature trees, shrubs and plants. At the bottom of the garden through the arched hedgerow is a vegetable garden itself measuring approx. 53ft x 36ft. (16.15m x 10.97m) with greenhouse.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: G
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.