Over Lane | Almondsbury
A simply stunning detached family home situated on the popular Over Lane in Almondsbury, offering stylish and versatile interior layout with a sense of lateral space, gorgeous gardens, wonderful views, off road parking and a garage.
Constructed in 1934, this inviting double fronted property enjoys a lovely bright and well-appointed interior with a pleasing layout and plenty of character.
Situated in the friendly community of Almondsbury, within easy reach of the village and accessible to Bristol and the M5/M4 motorway connections. Lovely green open views and walks available from the doorstep.
Ground Floor: welcoming central reception hallway, large (26ft x 12ft) through sitting room with adjoining garden room and study, sociable farmhouse style kitchen with bi-folding doors accessing a sun terrace and wonderful landscaped gardens.
First Floor: impressive central landing, principal bedroom suite with dressing room and large en-suite shower room, 2 further good sized double bedrooms and a family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4 with adjoining dressing room or study and a further shower room/wc.
Outside: gorgeous terraced gardens with large level seating areas either side of the property with steps meandering up into a gorgeous tiered rear garden framed with trees. To the front of the property there are further gardens, a double car port and a good sized garage.
An impressive and engaging 4 double bedroom, 3 bathroom family home in a sought after area.
- A stunning detached family home
- Stylish and versastile interior layout
- A double fronted house constructed in 1934 with plenty of character
- Lovely green open views and walks available from the doorstep
- 4 bedrooms (1 with en suite) and spacious lateral ground floor accommodation
- Gorgeous gardens wrapping around all sides of the property
- Ample off road parking and a garage
via a driveway leading off Over Lane and sweeping up to the carport and approach to the property. The driveway is used by just two properties No. 48 and 48a. From parking in the carport there are steps leading up through the attractive frontage of the property to a covered entrance and main front door to the house.
a wide welcoming entrance hall with staircase rising to first floor landing with useful understairs recess, tiled flooring, period style radiator, attractive painted panelling up to dado height, ceiling coving and doors leading off to the sitting room, kitchen/dining room and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: 26' 7'' x 11' 11'' (8.10m x 3.63m)
originally 2 reception rooms this large open through living space has plenty of natural light provided by the wonderful floor to ceiling double glazed windows to front offering an open outlook over the valley towards the meadow opposite, high ceilings with ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, an impressive open fireplace with marble surround, mantle and granite hearth. Built in sideboard with radiator and decorative cover with open shelving over, part glazed double doors access the garden room and further doors access a recessed storage cupboard and a study.
GARDEN ROOM: 14' 9'' x 13' 3'' (4.49m x 4.04m)
a wonderful light filled and peaceful seating area with glazed roof and double glazed windows with central doors to front accessing the sun deck which leads round to the rear garden. The garden room has wood flooring, 2 stained glass porthole windows and two radiators.
STUDY: (off the sitting room)10' 4'' x 5' 11'' (3.15m x 1.80m)
a useful study tucked away at the rear of the building with 2 large Velux skylight windows providing natural light and a radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 32' 1'' x 12' 9'' (9.77m x 3.88m)
a fabulous large sociable kitchen/dining/living space with an abundance of natural light provided by the wide bay window to front, offering a similar outlook to the sitting room and 4 bi-folding doors to side providing a seamless access out onto a level garden terrace, perfect for outdoor entertaining and barbequing, which leads up to the rear garden. The kitchen comprises a farmhouse style kitchen with grey painted units with granite worktop over and inset gas fired aga set into a chimney recess with high level mantle, Belfast style sink, integrated larder fridge and dishwasher. Various built in cupboards, drawers and double doored pantry. Tiled flooring, ample space for dining and seating furniture, original porthole leaded windows to side and door leads off the kitchen/dining room to the utility room.
UTILITY ROOM: 9' 5'' x 5' 8'' (2.87m x 1.73m)
comprises appliance space for washing machine and dryer with useful built in open shelving and work surface over, wall mounted Vaillant gas central heating boiler with pressurised hot water cylinder, providing excellent hot water pressure for all the bathrooms. Integrated Neff combi oven with heating drawer beneath and an integrated freezer.
a low level wc, corner wash basin with mosaic tiled splashback and tiled floor.
an impressive central landing with an original feature arched window to rear providing plenty of natural light through the stairwell, further double glazed window to front offers a lovely outlook across the valley and provides further natural light to the landing and stairs rising to the second floor. Radiator with decorative cover and doors leading off to the principal bedroom suite, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/shower/wc.
BEDROOM 1: 13' 11'' x 12' 11'' (4.24m x 3.93m)
a gorgeous principal bedroom suite with a generous walk through dressing area leading to a good sized en suite shower room/wc. The bedroom enjoys a lovely outlook through the bay window to front, as well 2 original porthole leaded feature windows to side. Radiator, built in wardrobes in dressing area.
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
walk in shower with system fed rain head shower, 2 wall mounted wash hand basins, low level wc, heated towel rail, double glazed window to side, inset spotlights, shaver point, tiled walls and floor.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 13' 10'' x 12' 0'' (4.21m x 3.65m)
a double bedroom with double glazed windows to front offering a similar outlook as bedroom 1, an attractive original fireplace, 2 porthole windows to side, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 12' 6'' x 12' 0'' (3.81m x 3.65m)
a good sized double bedroom with dual aspect double glazed windows to side and rear, with the one to rear offering a gorgeous leafy outlook over the rear garden. High ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail, radiator and exposed original stripped floorboards.
a white suite comprising a free standing clawfoot roll edged bath with central mixer taps, recessed shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc and wall mounted wash basin. Inset spotlights, extractor fan and chrome effect heated towel rail.
2 large Velux skylight windows flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light and doors leading off to bedroom 4 and a further shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 4: 12' 2'' x 12' 0'' (3.71m x 3.65m)
a double bedroom with 2 double glazed windows to rear enjoying an outlook over the rear garden, inset spotlights, low level eaves storage cupboards and wall opening connecting bedroom 4 through to an adjoining dressing room or study (10’11” x 10’5”) (3.34m x 3.17m), with 2 Velux skylight windows to side, radiator and low level eaves storage cupboards.
a generous shower room with walk in shower enclosure with curved glass screen and dual headed system fed shower. Low level wc, mosaic tiled counter with 2 bowl style sinks and Velux skylight windows enjoying an incredible view over rooftops of neighbouring house to the fields and woodland beyond. Tiled floor, part tiled walls, inset spotlights, extractor fan and double glazed windows to rear.
CAR PORT & GARAGE: 19' 5'' x 12' 0'' (5.91m x 3.65m)
on the approach to the property there is a car port providing 2 off road parking spaces for family sized vehicles, the car port leads up to an undercroft garage. A good sized garage with ample space for a vehicle and additional storage with power, light and up and over door.
beautifully landscaped gardens wrap around all 4 sides of the property with lawned front gardens with raised flower borders and steps leading up the left hand side of the property to a beautiful stone paved seating area with glass balustrade, wonderful views, inset lighting and ample space for outdoor seating and entertaining. This space is accessed directly from the kitchen/dining area and attracts much of the day’s sunshine, as well as offering complete privacy. Railway sleeper steps lead up from the patio area to 2 lawned terraces and a further decked seating area. To the other side of the property there is a further sun terrace leading off the garden room. The back of the garden is framed at the rear by lovely mature trees, as well as access to a useful rear access path.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
South Gloucestershire Council. Council Tax Band: G
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.