Oakwood Road, Henleaze
A bright and spacious 4 bedrooms (3 doubles, 1 single), 3 reception room 1930’s family home occupying a wide corner plot in an enviable location within just a short level stroll of the excellent independent shops and amenities of Henleaze Road. Further benefiting from a low maintenance paved rear garden, off street parking and a garage. Extended to the side, this well located home offers generous lateral accommodation arranged over 2 floors. Situated in the highly regarded Oakwood Road, just one road parallel away from the shops, cafes and bus connections of Henleaze Road making it highly convenient. Excellent schools within ½ mile including Henleaze and St Ursula’s junior schools, Red Maids and Badminton. Westbury-on-Trym village and the green open spaces of Durdham Downs are also within easy reach. Ground Floor: entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/dining room with double doors leading onto the rear courtyard garden, reception 3/family room, kitchen, ground floor shower room/wc and understairs storage space. First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms, a single bedroom/study, large family bathroom/wc and loft hatch providing access to the loft space offering further potential for conversion (subject to any necessary consents). A welcoming family home offering further exciting scope to renovate the kitchen to one’s personal taste and requirements.
- A handsome 4 bedroom 3 reception room 1930's family home.
- Great location, close to the shops and cafes of Henleaze Rd
- Off street parking and a garage
- Large lawned front garden and low maintenance rear garden.
- Lateral accommodation arranged over two floors
- Exciting scope to update the kitchen
via pathway leading beside an expansive lawned front garden. The pathway leads up to a covered entrance where you will find low level meter cupboards and the main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 14' 5'' x 7' 0'' inclusive of staircase (4.39m x 2.13m)
high ceilings with decorative original panelling and picture rail, an original staircase rising to first floor landing with understairs storage, radiator, alarm control panel and doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/dining room, reception 3/family room and kitchen. Further door accesses a ground floor shower room/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 15' 3'' max into bay x 13' 4'' max into chimney recess (4.64m x 4.06m)
a wide bay to front comprising double glazed windows, high ceilings, feature fireplace, radiator and television point.
RECEPTION 2/DINING ROOM: (rear) 12' 6'' x 11' 8'' max into chimney recess (3.81m x 3.55m)
a good sized second reception room with high ceilings, radiator, feature arched chimney recess and double glazed double doors to rear with windows either side and over accessing the rear garden.
RECEPTION 3/FAMILY ROOM: 14' 8'' max into bay x 11' 0'' (4.47m x 3.35m)
a good sized second living room with plenty of natural light provided by the wide bay window to the front and further double glazed windows to side, high ceilings with ceiling coving and a radiator.
KITCHEN: 15' 8'' x 8' 10'' (4.77m x 2.69m)
a basic fitted kitchen with scope for further updating to suit one’s taste and requirements with a range of pine units with tiled worktop over and inset sink and drainer unit, appliance space and plumbing for washing machine, dishwasher, cooker, fridge and freezer, wall mounted Worcester gas boiler, double glazed window to side and part double glazed door to rear accessing the rear garden.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 12' 10'' x 4' 6'' (3.91m x 1.37m)
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, shaver point, double glazed window to rear, extractor fan and heated towel rail.
doors off to all 4 bedrooms (3 doubles and a single) and a large family bathroom/wc. Double glazed window to side and a loft hatch.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 2'' max into bay x 12' 6'' max into chimney recess (4.62m x 3.81m)
a double bedroom with wide bay to front offering a reasonably open outlook over the front garden towards Oakwood Road, high ceilings and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 12' 6'' x 12' 6'' max into chimney recess (3.81m x 3.81m)
double bedroom with double glazed windows to rear overlooking the rear and neighbouring gardens, high ceilings, radiator and built in storage cupboards.
BEDROOM 3: 11' 9'' x 11' 0'' (3.58m x 3.35m)
double bedroom with dual aspect double glazed windows to front and side, high ceilings and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4/STUDY: 8' 0'' x 6' 7'' (2.44m x 2.01m)
a single bedroom or study with high ceilings, picture rail, radiator and double glazed windows to front.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 8' 9'' x 7' 9'' (2.66m x 2.36m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with wall mounted electric shower over, low level wc, wash basin set into a cabinet with counter over and storage cupboards, chrome effect heated towel rail, shaver point, part tiled walls, inset spotlights and 2 windows to side.
OFF STREET PARKING & GARAGE:
there is a driveway to the left hand side of the building providing off street parking for one car leading up to a detached single garage.
there is an extensive lawned front garden with deep flower borders containing various shrubs and attractive fenced boundaries. The garden wraps round to the side of the building where you will find the garage and side access through to the rear of the property.
small courtyard rear garden mainly laid to paving.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.