Monmouth Road, Bishopston
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £700,000 - £725,000 A bright and well-presented 4 bedroom, 2 reception room Victorian terraced home situated on the sunny side of this sought after road. Further benefiting from 2 bathrooms, a 24ft x 10ft sociable kitchen/breakfast room with double doors leading seamlessly out onto a sunny, 60ft x 17ft rear garden with an insulated garden studio. Enjoyed by the current owners during their 6 years at the property. Situated on the well-regarded Monmouth Road with a friendly community feel, offering the convenience of the independent shops, restaurants and cafes of Gloucester Road nearby, also within 200 metres of Bishop Road Primary School and 900 metres of Redland Green School. Ground Floor: vestibule, entrance hallway, sitting room with inter-connecting doors through to reception 2/family room, fabulous sociable 24ft x 10ft kitchen/dining room leading out onto the south facing rear garden and cloakroom/wc. First Floor: landing, 3 bedrooms and a shower room/wc. Second Floor: landing, family bathroom/wc and generous loft converted double bedroom with Juliette balcony offering city scape views. A welcoming period home in an enviable location.
- A bright and well presented 4 bedroom Victorian terraced home
- 60ft x 17ft south facing rear garden with Insulated garden studio/home office
- Sitting room with interconnecting doors through to reception 2/family room
- Fabulous sociable 24ft x 10ft kitchen/dining room leading out onto rear garden
- 4 bedrooms (including generous loft converted double bedroom with Juliet balcony)
- A welcoming period home in an enviable location
via garden gate and pathway leading to the front door of the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: ((4' 3'' x 4' 0'') (1.29m x 1.22m))
ceiling coving, dado rail, exposed stripped floorboards, coat hooks, alarm control panel and attractive period part stained glass door leading through into the entrance hallway.
high ceilings with original cornicing and staircase rising to first floor landing, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, understairs cupboard, wall mounted fuse box for electrics and doors leading through to sitting room, family room/reception 2, kitchen/breakfast room and cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (14' 3'' into bay x 12' 3'' into chimney recess) (4.34m x 3.73m))
wide bay to front overlooking front garden, attractive period style cast iron open fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth, built in book shelving to chimney recess, radiator and folding doors opening to provide a wide wall opening into the family room/reception 2, allowing one to have separate rooms or one larger through space.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: ((12' 5'' x 10' 10'' into chimney recess) (3.78m x 3.30m))
high ceilings with original coving and ceiling, feature fire recess with built in shelving and period display cabinet with further storage beneath to chimney recess, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and door leading through to lean to garden room.
LEAN TO GARDEN ROOM: ((5' 10'' x 5' 6'') (1.78m x 1.68m))
double glazed double doors provide useful access out onto the rear garden, glazed roof affords plenty of natural light through into reception 2.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((rear) (23' 6'' x 10' 0'') (7.16m x 3.05m))
fabulous extended (2007) kitchen/dining space flooded with natural light provided by Velux skylight windows, glazed double doors and further windows to side, modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cream gloss units with granite worktop over, inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, chimney hood with stainless steel splashback and space for range cooker, further appliance space for fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer, ample space for dining table, part exposed stripped floor and part original terracotta tiled floor, radiators, wall mounted Worcester gas boiler and seamless access out onto a wonderful level south facing rear garden.
low level wc, corner wash basin with tiled splashbacks, radiator, exposed stripped floorboards, extractor fan
split landing with doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and shower room/wc and staircase continuing up to the second floor landing.
BEDROOM 1: ((16' 8'' into built in wardrobes x 11' 9'' max) (5.08m x 3.58m))
generous double bedroom with 3 large period sash windows to front, attractive period cast iron fireplace with hand built fitted wardrobes to chimney recesses, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((12' 2'' x 11' 0'') (3.71m x 3.35m))
double bedroom with double glazed sash style window to rear offering a pleasant outlook over neighbouring gardens, built in wardrobe, attractive period cast iron fireplace and radiator.
BEDROOM 4: ((rear) (10' 0'' x 9' 0'' max) (3.05m x 2.74m))
double glazed sliding sash style window to rear overlooking rear garden, period cast iron fireplace and radiator.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: ((6' 10'' x 4' 3'') (2.08m x 1.29m))
modern fitted shower room with walk in wet room enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, corner pedestal wash basin, chrome effect heated towel rail, part tiled walls, tiled floor, shaver point and Velux skylight window.
Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through landing and stairwell and doors leading off to bedroom 2 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 2: ((20' 1'' max taken below sloped ceilings x 13' 3'' max) (6.12m x 4.04m))
fabulous and surprisingly roomy loft converted double bedroom with 2 large Velux windows to front with black out blinds, glazed double doors with Juliette balcony to rear enjoying a southerly aspect and a lovely view over neighbouring rear gardens and over roof tops of surrounding roads towards the city centre and St Andrews, radiator, built in wardrobes, storage cupboard, inset spotlights and useful eaves storage space.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: ((7' 4'' x 6' 2'') (2.23m x 1.88m))
white bathroom suite comprising double ended steel bath with mixer taps and separate shower over, corner wc and wall mounted wash basin with tiled splashbacks, shaver point, chrome effect heated towel rail, inset spotlights, extractor fan and double glazed sliding sash style window to rear.
small level front garden with hedgerow providing privacy from pavement, laid to stone chippings and providing enough space for a bike store.
Rear: ((approx 60' 0'' x 17' 0'' plus side return) (18.27m x 5.18m))
(with scope for further extension subject to any necessary consents). A larger than average garden for this property type enjoying a southerly aspect. The garden is mainly laid to lawn with generous patio seating area closest to the property, brick and fence boundary walls, various shrubs and the lawn leads to the rear of the garden where there is a garden studio.
to the bottom of the garden there is an insulated and heated studio with high speed internet connection, perfect for a home office/hobby space with adjoining shed space
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 29 September 1898. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.