Maurice Road | St Andrews
GUIDE PRICE RANGE £1,000,000 - £1,100,000
A highly prized and generously proportioned 5 bedroom, 2 reception Edwardian semi-detached family house with driveway parking, rear garden and a delightful and leafy setting overlooking St Andrews Park.
The house benefits from a special atmosphere -warm and homely but with an artistic and eclectic style. Much of the original Edwardian character has been retained with high ceilings, exposed wooden flooring, cornicing and some beautiful sash/stained glass windows combine and complement the creative feel.
St Andrews Park is one of Bristol's finest with mature trees, space to roam, coffee shop and childrens play area/paddling pool. Within a few hundred metres - and an extremely pleasant walk to the many amenities, cafés and restaurants on Gloucester Road - also close to Montpelier train station which links directly to Clifton and Bristol Temple Meads.
Local schooling is available at Sefton Park, Brunel Fields and Fairlawn Primary Schools - all within 700m. Secondary schooling is either Fairfield, Cotham School or one of the many independent schools on offer.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hallway, generously proportioned sitting room, living/dining room with doorway through to an absolutely charming kitchen/breakfast room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, main bathroom/wc and separate shower room, bedroom 5/study.
Second Floor: landing, bedrooms 3 and 4.
Outside: front garden with off street parking for one car.
A very private rear garden (approx. 31ft min/43ft max x 27ft) with generous patio, seating and lawned area.
- Generously proportioned Edwardian family house
- Leafy setting overlooking St Andrews Park
- 5 bedrooms - 2 Receptions
- Separate kitchen breakfast room
- 2 Bathrooms
- Level access into the secluded rear garden
- Driveway parking for one car
- A homely, artistic & eclectic style
- 2224 sq.ft.
via wrought iron gate and pathway leading through the front garden to:-
a very ornate vestibule with tessellated tiled flooring, double doors with original stained glass insets and overlights, detailed ceiling cornicing and fitted meter cupboard.
a welcoming entrance hall with original stairwell, balustrade and handrail rising up to the first floor and illuminated via a large stained glass window to the side elevation, ceiling cornicing, wooden flooring, radiator. Doors into sitting room and living/dining room. Door to the side and door to the useful understairs storage area.
SITTING ROOM: (19' 11'' x 13' 11'') (6.07m x 4.24m)
a lovely sized sitting room, generously proportioned with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, wooden flooring. Large box bay window with five sash windows complete with original stained glass. Period fireplace with slate hearth, wooden surround and mantle and a coal effect gas fire. Semi-fitted storage to either side of the chimney breast, radiator with ornamental radiator cover.
LIVING/DINING ROOM: (overall measurement 21' 10'' max x 19' 1'') (6.65m x 5.81m)
sash window to the side elevation, doorway through to the kitchen/breakfast room, parquet flooring, wooden double glazed patio doors out onto the rear garden. Recessed fireplace with exposed brickwork, wooden surround and mantle, slate hearth and a disconnected coal effect woodburning stove. Ceiling cornice, boiler, two radiators (one with radiator cover).
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (12' 10'' x 11' 1'') (3.91m x 3.38m)
an absolutely charming kitchen with a country cottage feel and aesthetic, windows to the side and rear elevation and partially glazed door leading into the garden, radiator, range of wall and base units incorporating wooden working surface, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, partially tiled walls, 4 ring gas hob with filter hood above, double oven, integrated microwave, space for tall fridge/freezer, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and dishwasher.
doors leading off to bedrooms 1 and 2, bedroom 5/study and both bathrooms. The landing is illuminated by the most attractive original stained glass peacock.
BEDROOM 1: (20' 7'' x 12' 9'') (6.27m x 3.88m)
a very pleasant and peaceful principal bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, bay window to the front elevation with original stained glass overlooking St Andrews Park. Exposed wooden flooring, original cast iron fireplace and tiled hearth, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 3'' x 11' 7'') (4.64m x 3.53m)
sash window to rear elevation with original stained glass overlooking the rear garden, wooden flooring, radiator, original fireplace and tiles, understairs cupboard.
MAIN BATHROOM/WC: (10' 1'' x 7' 10'') (3.07m x 2.39m)
sash window to rear elevation, large claw foot and roll edged bath with mixer tap and handheld shower fitment, pedestal wash hand basin, low level wc, radiator, painted tongue and groove panelling. Fitted Airing Cupboard with lagged hot water tank and fitted shelving above.
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, shower cubicle with handheld shower fitment and overhead rose, sash window to the side elevation with lovely views of St Bartholomews Church, radiator.
BEDROOM 5/STUDY: (11' 1'' x 8' 11'') (3.38m x 2.72m)
two large sash windows to the front elevation complete with original stained glass lead out onto the balcony with original wooden balustrade and handrail, radiator.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
doors lead off to bedrooms 3 and 4.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (16' 2'' x 11' 5'') (4.92m x 3.48m)
sash window to side elevation with views over St Bartholomews Church, radiator, eaves storage.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (16' 2'' x 11' 1'' max) (4.92m x 3.38m)
sash window to the rear elevation with some far reaching views towards the Bath hills, wooden flooring, radiator, eaves storage.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING: (27' 0'' wide x 11' 0'' deep to front bay window) (8.22m x 3.35m)
paved and gated off street parking space for one car, wrought iron gateway and path leading to the entrance door with covered storm porch. Well stocked with a variety of flowers and shrubs.
REAR GARDEN: (31' 0'' min/43'0 max x 27' 0'') (9.44m/13.11m x 8.22m)
an incredibly private garden with generous patio, seating area, lawn and a variety of shrubs, trees and flowering plants, side access to the property with a wooden lean-to shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.