Manor Road | Bishopston
A most attractive 4 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room bay fronted Victorian terraced family home retaining many period features with the added benefit of double glazed windows. The property is well balanced with bay fronted sitting room, kitchen and dining room to the rear giving access to the delightful private rear garden.
Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Bishopston with the fantastic independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road just a short level walk away. Handy for the Downs and St Andrews Park and within easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Whiteladies Road, Bristol University, main Hospitals, BBC, plus other local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens.
250 metres from Bishop Road Primary School and circa 1.1 kilometres from Redland Green Secondary School.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, L shaped hallway, cloakroom/wc, sitting room, reception room, kitchen, dining room and utility room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower room/wc.
A charming period family home in a superb location.
- Victorian terraced family home
- 4 double bedrooms
- Front courtyard and private rear garden
- Bay fronted sitting room
- 2 reception rooms
- Retained original character and features
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Double glazed windows
- Utility room
- A moments’ walk from Gloucester Road
from the pavement pedestrian gates with pathway leading to front entrance door with small front courtyard to the right hand side, solid 4 panelled front door with fanlight above, opening to:
tall ceilings with moulded cornicing, wooden flooring, dado rail, moulded skirting boards, ceiling light point, part glazed wooden door with fanlight, opening to:
L SHAPED HALLWAY:
ceiling light point, moulded cornicing, dado rail, radiator, understairs storage cupboard, tall moulded skirting boards, exposed wooden floorboards, stairs rising to first floor landing, doors leading to sitting room, dining room and cloakroom/wc.
a white suite comprising low level wc, wash hand basin with tiled splashback, wall light point, extractor fan, wood effect flooring, moulded skirting boards.
SITTING ROOM: 14' 11'' x 14' 10'' (4.54m x 4.52m)
a well-proportioned formal reception room with wide bay to front elevation comprising 4 double glazed sash windows, period cast iron fireplace with marbled slate surround, built in cabinetry to either side of chimney breast, ceiling light point with ceiling rose, cornicing, fibre optic point, tv point, radiator, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirting boards.
DINING ROOM: 11' 10'' x 10' 10'' (3.60m x 3.30m)
built in cabinetry to one side of chimney recess, ceiling light point, cornicing, radiator, double glazed French doors with fanlight leading out onto private rear garden, wood effect flooring, archway leading to:-
KITCHEN: 11' 10'' x 8' 1'' (3.60m x 2.46m)
fitted with a matching range of stripped pine wall, base and drawer units with tiled worktop over, corner sink with mixer tap over, integrated appliances include 4 ring gas hob (only 2 burners working) with extractor, waist height Neff oven, microwave oven, space for dishwasher, small breakfast bar area, ceiling light point, double glazed sash window overlooking the rear elevation, wood effect flooring, archway leading to utility room.
UTILITY ROOM: 11' 11'' x 5' 7'' (3.63m x 1.70m)
fitted with base units with laminate worktop over, space for washing machine and upright fridge/freezer, wall mounted Vaillant combi boiler, double glazed window to the side elevation, tile effect vinyl flooring, wall light point, moulded skirting boards, double glazed door leading out onto rear garden.
stairs ascend from hallway with split level landing, ceiling light point, 2 large bult in storage cupboards one with hanging rails and the other with shelving, moulded skirting boards, stairs ascend to second floor landing, doors leading to bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 9'' x 13' 1'' (4.49m x 3.98m)
wide bay window to the front elevation comprising 4 double glazed sash windows, chimney breast with fitted storage to either side, ceiling light point, radiator, tall moulded skirting boards.
BEDROOM 3: 11' 10'' x 9' 4'' (3.60m x 2.84m)
double glazed sash window overlooking the rear garden, ceiling light point, radiator, tall moulded skirting boards.
BEDROOM 4: 12' 0'' x 9' 5'' (3.65m x 2.87m)
double glazed sash window overlooking the rear garden, ceiling light point, cast iron feature period fireplace, radiator, moulded skirting boards.
a white bathroom suite comprising of low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath with electric shower over, ceiling light point, wall light point, extractor fan, double glazed sash window overlooking the front elevation, dado rail, tiled surrounds, shaver socket, radiator, cork tiled flooring, moulded skirting boards.
stairs leading from the first floor landing, Velux ceiling skylight, inset ceiling downlighters, moulded skirting boards, door leading to bedroom 1.
BEDROOM 1: 18' 10'' x 18' 2'' (5.74m x 5.53m)
a spacious double bedroom with generous head height, 2 Velux windows overlooking the front elevation, 2 sets of double glazed windows (within dormer) to the rear elevation, inset ceiling downlights, eaves storage, built in wardrobe with shelving to one side, 2 radiators, door leading to:-
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
a white suite comprising of low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, shower enclosure with system fed shower over, 2 wall light points, extractor fan, double glazed Velux window, built in storage cupboard with slatted wooden shelving, eaves storage cupboard, wall mounted chrome towel radiator, moulded skirting boards, cork tiled flooring.
easy maintenance courtyard with low wall, pathway and mature hedging.
a private rear garden enjoying a patio area closest to the property which can be accessed through the dining room and utility room. The garden is mainly laid to slabs with deep mature borders housing a variety of mature trees, plants and shrubs, small wildlife pond, garden shed, 2 water butts, compost bin and is fully enclosed by a mixture of wooden fencing. Outside tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: C
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.