Lower Redland Road | Redland
Sold for the first time in over 40 years - this large (over 3,000 sq. ft.), and much loved 5 double bedroom 3/4 reception room much loved family home offers versatile accommodation, a truly breathtaking 90ft x 30ft south facing level garden and off road parking.
High ceilings, large sash windows and a perfect orientation all add to this impressive period property's sense of light and space.
Homely and welcoming accommodation arranged over 3 floors with the lower ground floor offering great flexibility for further reception rooms, bedrooms, or even to be used as a separate flat (subject to any necessary consents). Well-kept yet offering further scope for updating and personalisation in areas.
Prime location in the heart of leafy Redland yet offering the convenience being within a short stroll of the shops, cafes, restaurants, bus connections and weekly farmers market of Whiteladies Road, the local Shakespeare gastro pub and the green open spaces of Redland Green Park are also within a couple of hundred metres and the property sits within just 600 metres of Redland Green School, making it an incredibly desirable proposition for families.
Exceptional south facing walled 90ft x 30ft level rear garden beautifully planted with rich flower borders, central lawned sections, a fishpond and vegetable patch with an incredibly open and light feel for such a central location.
Driveway off road parking.
- Sold for the first time in over 40 years
- A large (over 3,000 sq. ft) & much loved family home
- 5 double bedrooms & 3/4 reception rooms
- Within 600m of Redland Green School
- Separate kitchen/breakfast room
- Homely & welcoming accommodation over 3 floors
- Flexible lower ground floor rooms
- High ceilings and large sash windows
- Exceptional south facing walled 90ft x 30ft level rear garden
- Driveway off road parking
via garden gate and pathway leading through the front garden and up the left hand side of the property where you will find the main front door to the house.
high ceilings, original flooring with inset mat, double glazed door to rear providing a handy access straight through to the rear garden and further original part stained glass door accessing the central reception hallway.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: 21' 2'' x 8' 2'' (6.45m x 2.49m)
an original staircase rising to the first floor landing and further staircase descending to the lower ground floor. High ceilings with ornate cornicing and picture rail. Doors lead off to the main family sitting room, reception 2/dining room and kitchen/breakfast room. Dado rail, radiator and thermostat control for central heating.
SITTING ROOM: 24' 9'' max into chimney recess x 15' 0'' (7.54m x 4.57m)
a glorious bright reception room on the south facing side of the house with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, 2 large sash windows to rear taking in a lovely outlook over the rear and neighbouring gardens. Further window to side, feature tiled fireplace with high level surround and mantle, built in bookshelf to chimney recess and radiators.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: 17' 9'' max into bay x 12' 9'' (5.41m x 3.88m)
an elegant dining room with impressive high ceilings with detailed original ceiling cornicing, wide bay to front comprising 3 sash windows with working wooden shutters. Feature fireplace and radiators.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (front) 13' 0'' x 11' 4'' max into chimney recess (3.96m x 3.45m)
a fitting kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with square edged worktop over with inset sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for cooker, dishwasher and fridge/freezer, sash window to front, built in breakfast table, high ceilings with ceiling cornicing and picture rail, wood flooring, radiator and door accessing recessed walk in larder storage area (8'0" x 3'9") (2.44m x 1.14m).
spacious central landing with doors off to 4 double bedrooms and family bathroom/wc. A further half flight of stairs ascend to a shower room and there is a further cloakroom/wc off the lower mezzanine landing.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 18' 4'' max into bay x 13' 2'' max into chimney recess (5.58m x 4.01m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, bay to front comprising 3 double glazed sash windows, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 15' 8'' x 14' 2'' max into chimney recess (4.77m x 4.31m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, sash window to rear offering a wonderful outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens and roof tops of the surrounding area towards the Dundry hills in the distance, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 15' 10'' x 11' 1'' max into chimney recess (4.82m x 3.38m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, a large sash window to rear offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2. Further window to side and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 13' 4'' x 11' 9'' (4.06m x 3.58m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, double glazed sash window to front, corner cupboard and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM: 8' 6'' x 8' 10'' (2.59m x 2.69m)
a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with marble shelf over, part tiled walls, large window to side, heated towel rail, base and eye level cupboards.
a shower enclosure, radiator, high level window and door accessing loft storage space.
WC: (off lower mezzanine landing)
low level wc, pedestal wash basin, radiator, part tiled walls.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
incredibly flexible lower ground floor accommodation which could be used as additional bedrooms or reception rooms to suit ones requirements, and even converted into a flat, if required, and subject to any necessary consents.
L shaped landing with doors off to reception 3 (front), utility/boiler room, bedroom 5, lower ground floor kitchen (potentially a bedroom or further reception room) and further doors accessing a large understairs walk in cupboard, a further recessed storage cupboard and part glazed door to rear accessing the rear garden via a conservatory.
RECEPTION 3: 18' 1'' x 12' 2'' (5.51m x 3.71m)
a large reception room with high level double glazed windows to front, built in bench seat to bay, radiator and high level meter cupboard.
KITCHEN or RECEPTION 4: (front) 13' 0'' x 11' 9'' max into recess (3.96m x 3.58m)
a further flexible room with high level double glazed window to front, sink and drainer unit and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 15' 0'' x 12' 6'' max into recess (4.57m x 3.81m)
a double bedroom with large sash window to rear offering a lovely outlook over the rear garden, radiator and picture rail.
plumbing for washing machine, built in Belfast style sink with wooden work counter beside, wall mounted gas boiler, double glazed window to side and a radiator.
shower enclosure, low level wc, wash hand basin, window to side and a radiator.
CONSERVATORY: 12' 2'' x 7' 6'' (3.71m x 2.28m)
small conservatory with access out onto the rear garden.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF ROAD PARKING:
pretty front garden with period boundary walls and driveway providing off road parking for one vehicle. Pathway leads up the side to the front door to the house.
REAR GARDEN: approx 90' 0'' x 30' 0'' (27.41m x 9.14m)
a breathtaking level and sunny south facing rear garden of a size rarely seen in such a central area. Lawned sections, central fishpond with neighbouring seating area, flower borders containing a rich variety of plants, shrubs and trees and pathway leading to the bottom of the garden where there is a vegetable patch, attractive brick and stone boundary walls and area for composting. Outdoor tap and steps providing handy access up to the entrance porch, which leads through to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.