Leopold Road | St Andrews
A gorgeous semi-detached family home with stunning extended semi open-plan kitchen/family entertaining space and off-street parking (EV charger) close to St Andrews Park, offering spacious 5 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room three-storey accommodation with 45ft south facing rear garden.
The property has plenty of original character retained such as high ceilings, tall sash windows, period fireplaces, exposed wooden floorboards and ornate moulded plasterwork. These blend seamlessly with some well-considered high quality modern improvements including a shaker style kitchen having integrated appliances, now open-plan to a recent extension which provides a generous dining room which in turn leads to a living room.
The drawing room is located at the front and comprises a wide bay with sash windows and half height plantation style shutters, central period fireplace and ornate moulded cornicing. Also on the ground floor are an entrance porch, reception hall, utility room and separate wc.
An elegant easy rising staircase ascends to a part galleried landing off which there are four double bedrooms and a Ripples family bathroom.
On the second floor which was skilfully converted using renowned local architect ‘Quentin Alder’ there is an en-suite master bedroom with dressing room and Juliet balcony.
The property enjoys the benefit of a driveway offering off-street parking for one car and wall mounted EV home charging point. Alongside the house there is a useful dual accessed bike store. The rear garden is a true delight and measures 45ft in length and enjoys a sunny southerly orientation.
The property is situated in a favoured location near to St Andrews Park and the excellent array of shops and amenities on Gloucester Road and with easy access to the city centre, Whiteladies Road and the Downs.
An inspiring and exceptionally beautifully presented family home that offers a perfect mix of period detail and modern upgrades in an acutely desirable location.
- A gorgeous semi-detached family home close to St Andrews Park
- 45ft south facing garden with insulated office/workshop
- Stunning 24ft semi open-plan kitchen/breakfast/living room
- 5 double bedrooms
- Renowned architect designed loft conversion with en-suite master bedroom, dressing room and Juliet balcony
- Ripples family bathroom
- Low maintenance front garden
- Off street driveway parking for one car with EV charger point, useful bike store
- 45ft x 22ft south facing rear garden
- Offers a perfect mix of period detail and modern upgrades
from the pavement there are stone gate pillars with wrought iron pedestrian gate opening onto a pathway leading to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with stained glass fanlight and side window, opening to:-
tessellated tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, coat hooks. Ornate etched glass wooden door with matching side panel and overlight, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (19' 7'' x 5' 11'') (5.96m x 1.80m)
a most welcoming and spacious introduction with exposed wooden floorboards, elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, understairs storage cupboard, vertical radiator, ceiling light point. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (16' 0'' x 15' 10'') (4.87m x 4.82m)
a gracious principal reception room having wide bay window to the front elevation comprising four tall sash windows with plantation style shutters to half height. Central period fireplace with open fire, cast iron surround, slate hearth and an ornately carved stone mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling detail plus ornate ceiling rose. Vertical style radiator.
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/BREAKFAST/DINING ROOM: (24' 7'' x 16' 0'' max measurements) (7.49m x 4.87m)
loosely divided as follows:-
Kitchen/Breakfast Room: (15' 11'' x 12' 6'') (4.85m x 3.81m)
bespoke shaker style Masterclass kitchen comprehensively fitted with an array of soft closing base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinets. Roll edged Silestone worktop surfaces with matching upstands plus undermount stainless steel double sink with swan neck mixer tap. Large island incorporating breakfast bar. Integrated Neff appliances including 6 ring gas hob with glass splashback & stainless steel extractor hood and eye level electric double oven. Integral Siemens dishwasher plus space for wine cooler and an American style fridge/freezer. Amtico flooring which continues through to the dining area, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling detail, ornate ceiling rose, vertical style radiator, ceiling light point, pelmet lighting. Wide wall opening through to:-
Dining Area: (12' 0'' x 10' 4'') (3.65m x 3.15m)
high sloping ceiling with Velux window. Dual aspect with double glazed windows to the side elevation plus double glazed wooden double doors and side panel which enjoys a southerly orientation and opens directly onto the rear garden. Vertical style radiator, tall moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Wide wall opening through to:-
LIVING ROOM: (15' 3'' x 10' 10'') (4.64m x 3.30m)
chimney breast with ornate timber mantle (fireplace no longer in use), tall moulded skirtings, vertical style radiator, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights. Door returning to the reception hall. Part glazed wooden door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
UTILITY ROOM: (10' 10'' x 9' 5'') (3.30m x 2.87m)
dual aspect with wooden double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations. Base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, solid wooden worktop surfaces with splashback tiling, stainless steel sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, inset ceiling downlights, radiator. Cupboard housing wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler. Door to:-
low level wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, moulded skirtings, radiator, part sloping ceiling with Velux window, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, tall moulded skirtings, vertical style radiator, ceiling light point. Enjoying plenty of natural light via a large Velux window and open vaulted space to the roofline. Turning staircase ascending to the second floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles which is part galleried over the landing. Panelled wooden doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 2: (15' 6'' x 14' 2'') (4.72m x 4.31m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising four sash windows, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (16' 1'' x 12' 7'') (4.90m x 3.83m)
large multi-paned double glazed sash window enjoying a southerly orientation and overlooking the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, picture rail, vertical style radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: (11' 5'' x 10' 11'') (3.48m x 3.32m)
large multi-paned wooden double glazed window overlooking the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side, radiator, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: (9' 6'' x 8' 1'') (2.89m x 2.46m)
multi-paned double opening window opening out onto the covered veranda, moulded skirtings, vertical style radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (7' 9'' x 7' 2'') (2.36m x 2.18m)
P shaped bath with mixer tap, built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment plus shower screen. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Tiled flooring and majority tiled walls, two part stained glass windows to the side elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
door opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (13' 6'' x 10' 1'') (4.11m x 3.07m)
stylish dormer window enjoying a southerly orientation with powder coated aluminium windows and doors, the latter opening to a Juliet balcony with frameless reinforced glass balustrade. Moulded skirtings, vertical style radiator, ceiling light point. Loft access. Door to:-
Dressing Room: (16' 8'' x 9' 3'') (5.08m x 2.82m)
two Velux windows set into a sloping ceiling with fitted blinds, eaves storage, radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Door to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (8' 10'' x 5' 5'') (2.69m x 1.65m)
wet room style shower with glass door, built-in shower unit, handheld shower attachment and an overhead circular shower. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wash hand basin with mixer tap and pull out drawers below. Tiled flooring and walls, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, Velux window, inset ceiling downlights, heated towel rail/radiator, extractor fan.
driveway parking for one car with EV charger point.
designed for ease of maintenance with pathways, borders, bike shed and high hedge border along the front boundary wall.
REAR GARDEN: (45' 0'' x 22' 0'') (13.71m x 6.70m)
enjoying a sunny southerly orientation and enclosed on all three sides by original brick walls. Immediately to the rear of the dining area and accessible also via the utility room there is a large timber deck with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. The remainder of the garden is principally laid to lawn with shrub borders featuring to name but a few an established Jasmine, Hydrangea, Cox Apple Tree, Mulberry Tree and Fig. Alongside the house access is given to a useful bike store. At the very end of the garden there is an insulated office/workshop with light and power connected.
BIKE STORE: (12' 8'' x 3' 10'') (3.86m x 1.17m)
personal door from the garden with additional door to the front opening to the driveway (therefore a very useful storage space for the cycling or sporting enthusiast), skylight window, illuminate strip light.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.