Kingsdown Parade | Kingsdown
A most intriguing and beautifully presented 4 double bedroom, 3 reception room, 2 bath/shower room, grade II listed Georgian town house enjoying a well-established 75ft south-easterly facing garden.
An elegant and cleverly designed family home, originally dating from circa 1793, having therefore an abundance of period features which are blended seamlessly with many high quality modern additions.
Situated on Kingsdown Parade, a highly-regarded Georgian street situated high up in Kingsdown on the borders of Cotham, offering all the convenience of the city with all central areas, excellent schools including Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School, Bristol University and hospitals all nearby.
A friendly neighbourly community who all enjoy the ambiance and character of this historic and atmospheric quarter with its cobbled streets and fine period buildings.
Raised Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, sitting room with wide wall opening that connects through to the drawing room, landing.
Ground Floor: semi open-plan kitchen/dining/living room (28'6 x 18'2), lobby, rear hall, separate wc.
First Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms, shower room/wc.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, 2 further double bedrooms (4 in total), family bathroom/wc.
Outside: beautiful 75ft south easterly facing garden with period boundary walls, tastefully designed with ample seating areas to absorb and enjoy the sunny aspect. Garden shed.
A highly individual family home with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
An earliest viewing is unhesitatingly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Our vendor clients have secured a property with a complete chain in place so a prompt move is possible.
- Stylish Georgian townhouse
- Grade II listed
- 4 double bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Large kitchen/breakfast room with Aga
- Sunny 75ft level garden
- Located within historic Kingsdown
RAISED GROUND FLOOR
from the front garden, there is a stone flagged area with dual entrances into the house. A ground floor entrance via a part multi-paned wooden door and main entrance via steps ascending to a solid six panelled wooden door with arched fanlight and impressive Bath stone pilaster. From the main entrance:
entrance mat, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlight, glass block internal window, mains switchboard control cupboard. Part multi-paned wooden door opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (18' 3'' x 13' 11'') (5.56m x 4.24m)
a pair of tall multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation overlooking the garden with working shutters, wooden flooring, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with fitted book shelving), Victorian style radiator. Useful raised height storage cupboards and conventional cupboard plus further fitted book shelving. Cupboard housing wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler, 5 amp lighting with dimmer control. Folding doors opening through to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (13' 8'' x 12' 4'') (4.16m x 3.76m)
tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recessed open fireplace on a marble hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (both having fitted book shelving), moulded skirtings, wooden flooring, Victorian style radiator, 5 amp lighting with dimmer control. Part multi-paned wooden door returning:-
multi-paned window to the rear elevation with wooden sill, wooden flooring, Victorian style radiator, useful storage cupboard, inset swivel downlights. Sweeping staircase ascending and descending to the first and ground floor accommodation.
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: (28' 6'' x 18' 2'') (8.68m x 5.53m)
loosely divided as follows:-
Kitchen: (18' 2'' x 15' 9'') (5.53m x 4.80m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units with a combination of drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinets. Roll edged black granite worktops with matching upstands, double under mount sink with swan neck mixer tap and an indented draining board to one side, additional roll edged wooden worktop area which doubles up as a breakfast bar. Gas fired Aga with additional two ring gas hob. Multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation with black granite sill and working shutters. Tiled flooring with underfloor heating, service cupboard, wall mounted Telecom entry system, inset ceiling downlights, double opening pantry cupboard with shelving, virtually floor to ceiling glass block internal wall through to the dining area. Part multi-paned wooden door opening to an inner hall. Wide archway through to:-
Dining/Living Room: (17' 11'' x 13' 7'') (5.46m x 4.14m)
a pair of tall multi-paned sash windows with black granite sills and working shutters overlooking the garden. Central chimney breast with recess featuring a coal effect gas fire on a bricked hearth. Wooden flooring, inset ceiling downlights, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted cupboards and the other with fitted cupboards and shelving). Part multi-paned door opening to:-
tiled flooring, fitted shelving, part barrelled ceilings, wall light point. Part multi-paned wooden door opening externally to the garden.
coat hooks and fitted shelving, tiled flooring, inset ceiling downlight. Door opening to separate wc. Part multi-paned wooden door with fanlight opening externally onto rear lane.
low level flush wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap set into a Travertine tiled surround, tiled flooring, inset swivel downlight.
accessed via a split-level landing from the hall floor with tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation. Turning staircase continues to the second floor with spindles and mahogany handrail. Inset downlights and swivel downlights, wall mounted Telecom entry control, moulded skirtings, storage cupboard, Airing Cupboard with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Panelled doors opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (18' 2'' x 11' 0'') (5.53m x 3.35m)
three multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation overlooking the garden and pleasant street screen with fitted book shelving between windows and complimentary window shelf. Chimney breast with decorative recess that provides shelving, wall to wall raised height storage cupboards, two Victorian style radiators, 5 amp lighting with dimmer control.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 2'' x 10' 8'') (3.71m x 3.25m)
tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation with complimentary window shelf and Victorian style radiator below, moulded skirtings, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with fitted shelving and the other with fitted shelving plus hanging rail), inset ceiling downlights, wall to wall raised height storage cupboards.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (7' 10'' x 7' 0'') (2.39m x 2.13m)
large walk in half moon shower cubicle with sliding glass door and panel plus fully tiled surround with wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment. Circular wash hand basin with mixer tap top a stone worktop with Travertine tiled surround and wall mounted mirror plus overhead illuminate strip light. Low level flush wc with concealed cistern. Useful cupboards with shelving, heated towel rail/radiator, white painted timber panelled ceiling with inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with high sloping ceiling and skylight window to the rear elevation, wooden flooring, a pair of double opening wardrobes with ample hanging rail and shelving space plus double opening double doors to concealed drawer unit, inset swivel downlights, moulded skirtings, wall light point. Loft access with pull down ladder. Sliding Japanese style door to bedroom 3. Part opaque multi-paned wooden door to the family bathroom. Panelled door opening to bedroom 4
BEDROOM 3: (18' 3'' x 10' 1'') (5.56m x 3.07m)
three multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation, moulded skirtings, complimentary display shelf with concealed storage cupboards, two Victorian style radiators, inset ceiling downlight and ceiling light point, 5 amp lighting with dimmer control.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (10' 0'' x 7' 1'') (3.05m x 2.16m)
enjoying plenty of natural light via a large lantern light window. Low level flush wc. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Free standing roll top bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment. Majority Travertine tiled walls to picture rail with three wall light point, heated towel rail/radiator, wall mounted mirror.
BEDROOM 4: (12' 2'' x 9' 7'') (3.71m x 2.92m)
a pair of multi-paned sash windows to the rear elevation, wall to wall built in wardrobes offering generous hanging rail and shelving space, wooden flooring, Victorian style radiator, inset ceiling downlight, 5 amp lighting with dimmer control.
an exquisite 75ft south facing garden which enjoys a good amount of privacy by virtue of stone walling on three sides. Immediately to the rear of the house there is a sunken stone flagged patio which offers ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. A gentle flight of steps ascend to a level section of lawn which is flanked on two sides by deep shrub borders that feature an array of mature shrubs and flowering plants plus three Tuscany style Cyprus trees. From the level section of lawn there is a screened timber decked area and steps down to an entrance area with pedestrian gate returning to the road. Useful garden shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.