Kingsdown Parade | Kingsdown
A very handsome grade II listed double fronted Georgian period 3 storey townhouse with a pretty and well established south facing rear garden. A treasured family home since 1981 with a laid back and special atmosphere rich in period detail - the house has been lovingly maintained over the years but is now somewhat dated and offers a chance to update and create a superb Georgian home. Set over 3 floors with space and flexibility to meet the needs of families as they grow and contract – currently laid out with 3 bedrooms and 3/4 receptions and could easily adapt to provide a 4th bedroom if required. Situated on Kingsdown Parade, a highly-regarded Georgian street, high above the city in Kingsdown on the borders of Cotham, offering all the advantages of close proximity to the city centre, hospitals and Bristol university, and with excellent schools nearby, including Cotham Gardens Primary, Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School. Kingsdown is a friendly neighbourly community whose residents enjoy the ambiance and character of this historic and atmospheric quarter with its cobbled tree lined streets, fine period buildings and green spaces. Offered with no onward chain. Set in the Kingsdown residents parking zone.v
- Double fronted Georgian townhouse
- Rich in character detail and period charm
- Grade II listed
- 3/4 Bedrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Kitchen with dining area and garden room
- Pretty and well-established south facing rear garden
- In the Kingsdown residents parking zone
- Situated on a highly-regarded Georgian street
- Offered with no onward chain
: with doors leading off to sitting room, reception 2/bedroom 4. Period arch with Georgian architrave, radiator. Two separate staircases lead down to the lower ground floor and stairs lead up to the first floor.
SITTING ROOM: 26' 6'' max into bay x 12' 4'' into chimney recess (8.07m x 3.76m)
very large spacious room with a warm and homely atmosphere, French doors opening out onto the covered balcony, bay window to the front elevation comprising 3 multi paned sash windows, tall radiator, elegant Georgian cornicing and period arch with detailed architrave and original cast iron open fireplace with slate hearth and wooden surround and mantle. Solid wood parquet floor.
Covered Balcony: approx 14' 1'' x 10' 0'' (4.29m x 3.05m)
RECEPTION 2/BEDROOM 4/HOME OFFICE: 19' 3'' into both bay windows x 13' 3'' into chimney recess (5.86m x 4.04m)
bay windows to the front and rear elevations with 3 multi paned sash windows to either side, original wooden panelling and a very handsome cast iron fireplace with slate hearth and slate surround and mantle, ceiling cornicing and period style radiator. Solid wood parquet floor.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Two separate flights of stairs descend from the ground floor. A glass covered stone staircase with access to a small roof terrace/balcony leads down to ground floor hall. The balcony, which is at street level, can provide convenient storage for bikes. Windows to the side elevation and internal windows through to the kitchen/dining room and glazed door opening into the rear garden. Door to kitchen and workshop. Cupboard under the stairs.
WORKSHOP/RECEPTION 3: 13' 3'' x 13' 3'' into chimney recess (4.04m x 4.04m)
multi paned sash window to the rear elevation, door through to vaulted storage rooms which house the gas metre. Gas boiler in chimney recess. Door to second flight of stairs leading up to the ground floor.
shower, wc and wash hand basin.
UTILITY ROOM: 7' 9'' x 6' 8'' (2.36m x 2.03m)
enamel sink and draining board, space and plumbing for washing machine and drier, shelving and airing cupboard with hot water tank.
measured and described separately as follows:
Kitchen: 14' 7'' x 12' 1'' (4.44m x 3.68m)
multi paned sash windows and French doors leading into the garden room, internal windows providing a lot of natural light. Hand built kitchen with a range of open shelves and base units with slate working surfaces. Double stainless steel sink unit and draining board. Unfitted kitchen island with 4 ring induction hob. Eye level Bosch oven, tall radiator. The original cast iron kitchen range and stone surround provides a beautiful and interesting feature. A wide arch to the dining area.
Dining Area: 13' 11'' x 7' 0'' (4.24m x 2.13m)
vaulted dining area with fitted storage and open shelving, painted stone walls.
GARDEN ROOM: 13' 4'' x 6' 7'' (4.06m x 2.01m)
a very sunny south facing garden room, with solid parquet herringbone flooring, opening directly onto the cottage garden via French doors. Two radiators.
multi paned sash window to the front elevation. Doors leading off to all 3 bedrooms, the bathroom and separate wc. Wide period arch with wooden architrave and access to the roof storage space. Radiator.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 10'' into bay x 13' 3'' into chimney recess (5.13m x 4.04m)
a lovely big bright dual aspect room with wide bay window to the rear elevation comprising 3 multi paned sash windows with a stunning outlook over surrounding gardens and across the city to the hills of Dundry. Multi paned sash window to the front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 10' 7'' x 9' 4'' max measurements (3.22m x 2.84m)
large multi paned sash window to the front elevation, radiator, fitted wardrobes.
BEDROOM 3: 12' 10'' x 8' 6'' (3.91m x 2.59m)
large multi paned sash window to the rear elevation with beautiful, far reaching views, vaulted ceiling, fitted storage, radiator.
SHOWER/BATHROOM: 9' 2'' x 4' 0'' (2.79m x 1.22m)
bath compartment with overhead shower, double wash basins with marble surface and storage beneath, skylight.
multi paned sash window to the rear elevation, low level wc with an antique wooden seat.
REAR GARDEN: approx 30' 0'' in length x 27' 0'' in width inclusive of garden room (9.14m x 8.22m)
a beautiful English cottage garden with old flagstones and cobbled paving and high exposed stone walls, creating a sunny secluded outdoor space, a wide variety of plants, flowers, shrubs and trees including a mature and productive fig tree, a pond and 2 raised beds providing space for vegetable growing.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.