Kingsdown Parade, Kingsdown
A stylishly presented and modern four bedroom, three bath/shower room, three storey Georgian-style townhouse with allocated off-street parking and a charming 38ft south-easterly facing fully enclosed town garden. Occupying a prime location within the highly prized and historic Kingsdown conservation area.
Located on Kingsdown Parade, a highly regarded Georgian street situated high up in Kingsdown on the borders of Cotham, offering all the convenience of the city, with all central areas close at hand, excellent schools including Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School, Bristol University and hospitals.
A friendly, neighbourly community who all enjoy the ambience and character of this historic and atmospheric quarter with its cobbled street and fine period buildings.
Ground Floor: reception hall, 2 bedrooms, shower room, utility room.
First Floor: part galleried landing, kitchen/dining room, sitting room.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, 2 further bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room), family bathroom.
Outside: beautiful 38ft south-easterly facing garden, tastefully designed with ample seating areas to absorb and enjoy the sunny aspect. Pergola with established climber. Single allocated parking space.
Our vendor clients have sympathetically upgraded the property during their stewardship with replacement wooden double-glazed sash windows, new bathrooms and kitchen, plus redecoration both internally and externally.
A lovely family home with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
- A stylishly presented and modern Georgian-style townhouse
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms
- Attractive principal reception room (16'1 x 15'7)
- Bright kitchen/dining room (15'7 x 14'9)
- Charming 38ft south-easterly facing fully enclosed town garden
- Allocated off street parking space
- A lovely family home with so much to appreciate and savour
- Occupying a prime location within historic Kingsdown conservation area
from the parking forecourt, a pedestrian gate opens to the south-easterly facing garden which in turn gives access to the front door. Wood-effect panelled front door with arched obscured glazed fan light, opening to:-
a welcoming entrance to this spacious family home and being some 31ft (9.45m) in length, elegant easy-rising staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, engineered oak flooring, radiator, coved ceiling, two ceiling points. Useful understairs storage cupboard. Door with obscure over light opening externally to the rear elevation. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: (16' 1'' x 8' 6'') (4.90m x 2.59m)
double-glazed sash window overlooking the front garden with radiator below, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (8' 3'' x 5' 0'') (2.51m x 1.52m)
large shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit plus handheld shower attachment and an overhead circular shower. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, pedestal wash handbasin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring and majority tiled walls, heated towel rail/radiator, two storage cupboards, shaver point inset ceiling downlights.
BEDROOM 4: (9' 2'' x 8' 5'') (2.79m x 2.56m)
multi-paned double-glazed sash window to the rear elevation with radiator below. Moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
roll-edged marble-effect worktops with splashback tiling, base and eye level cabinets and drawers, space and plumbing for washing machine, window to rear elevation, ceiling light point. Wall mounted Viessman gas fired Combination boiler.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, coved ceiling. Staircase continuing to the second floor. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (16' 1'' x 15' 7'' max measurements) (4.90m x 4.75m)
an attractive principal reception room having two multi-paned double-glazed sash windows to the front elevation enjoying a south-easterly aspect over the garden towards Kingsdown Parade with its fine array of Georgian architecture. Moulded skirtings, radiator, coved ceiling, floating shelving, ceiling light point.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (15' 7'' x 14' 9'') (4.75m x 4.49m)
a stylish and bright kitchen/dining room which enjoys the benefit of two multi-paned double-glazed sash windows to the rear elevation. Comprehensively fitted with an array of Shaker style soft closing base and eye level units with a combination of drawers, cabinets and shelving. Roll-edged marble-effect worktop surfaces with matching upstands and bevel-edged splashback tiling, ceramic sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Integrated appliances including eye level oven/grill, electric oven, induction hob with extractor hood, dishwasher and wine cooler. Space for tall fridge/freezer. Engineered oak flooring, moulded skirtings, radiator, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights and ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING (10' 6'' x 6' 8'') (3.20m x 2.03m)
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Fully boarded loft with access via ladder. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (13' 5'' x 10' 10'') (4.09m x 3.30m)
two multi-paned double-glazed windows to the front elevation, wall to wall built-in wardrobes offering ample hanging rail and shelving space, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light points. Six panelled door with moulded architraves opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room: (8' 5'' x 3' 8'') (2.56m x 1.12m)
shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment plus overhead circular. Pedestal wash handbasin with mixer tap. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Tiled flooring and majority bevel-edged tiled walls, heated towel rail/radiator, shaver point, inset veiling downlights, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 7'' x 9' 2'') (4.75m x 2.79m)
two multi-paned double-glazed sash windows to the rear elevation, built-in wardrobes and cupboards, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 2'' x 6' 4'') (2.49m x 1.93m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and wall mounted electric shower with handheld shower attachment, low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Pedestal wash handbasin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring and majority tiled walls storage cupboard, moulded skirtings, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, light well.
OFF STREET PARKING:
as you pull into the parking forecourt, there is an allocated parking space which is designated for no.47 and is the right hand of the two carports as you look out from the house. There are only two carports.
FRONT GARDEN: (39' 0'' x 16' 4'') (11.88m x 4.97m)
enjoying south-easterly aspect and enclosed on three sides by brick walling and timber fencing which provides a good amount of privacy. Designed for ease of maintenance and paved with border. Pergola with established climbing plant.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.