Kellaway Avenue | Bishopston
To be sold for the first time in 57 years; an attractive 4 double bedroom, 3 reception room, 1930s detached family house occupying a corner plot with garage, carport, driveway parking and sunny gardens.
A cherished home for over half a century, the detached corner plot is now understandably dated and offers an exciting chance to update, re-configure and potentially extend, subject to obtaining the necessary consents.
The property is set in a convenient location with a variety of useful shops on Kellaway Avenue whilst the amenities on Gloucester Road and Henleaze High street are within easy reach. Both Tesco and Waitrose supermarkets are just a few minutes away by car. Just up the road there is a popular gastro pub called The Gloucester Old Spot and there are many excellent restaurants and takeaways in the near vicinity.
Schools nearby include Henleaze Infant and Primary circa 420 metres, Bishop Road Primary School circa 600 metres and Redland Green School circa 1,000 metres. The property is adjacent to and overlooking the playing fields of Redland Green Secondary School.
To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, sitting room, dining room, breakfast room, kitchen, conservatory.
First Floor: landing, 4 double bedrooms, family bathroom, separate wc.
Outside: driveway parking, carport, single garage, front, rear and side gardens.
A real blank canvas and a chance to update and personalise to individual requirements.
- An attractive 1930s detached family house
- 4 double bedrooms (1 currently sub-divided)
- 3 reception rooms
- A cherished home for over half a century
- Exciting chance to update and personalise
- Driveway parking
- Single garage and car port
- Front, rear and side gardens
- A real blank canvas
from the pavement, a wide pathway bisects the front garden leading to a canopied entrance porch. Upvc double glazed door opening to:-
double opening base cupboard with mains switch board control, moulded skirtings, picture rail, window to the front elevation. Wood panelled door with feature stained glass circular window, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (14' 0'' x 8' 9'') (4.26m x 2.66m)
a most welcoming and spacious reception hall having wide turning staircase ascending to the first floor with useful understairs storage cupboard, window to the side elevation plus further window at ¾ landing providing plenty of natural light, moulded skirtings, night storage heater, picture rail, ceiling light point. Cloakroom cupboard with coat hooks and window to the front elevation. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (16' 5'' x 12' 8'' max into bay window) (5.00m x 3.86m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising 6 windows with overlights, central period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, 2 ceiling light points.
DINING ROOM: (15' 5'' x 12' 8'') (4.70m x 3.86m)
sliding door with side panel opening to the conservatory, coal effect gas fire with back boiler with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
BREAKFAST ROOM: (11' 7'' x 8' 9'') (3.53m x 2.66m)
window to the side elevation, useful cupboards, understair pantry cupboard with window to the side elevation, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point, night storage heater.
KITCHEN: (10' 10'' x 9' 8'') (3.30m x 2.94m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, roll edged wood effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling and pelmet lighting, stainless steel sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Integral appliances including electric grill/oven, electric oven, 4 ring electric hob and extractor. Integral fridge. Space for table and chairs, wide window overlooking the rear garden, radiator, 2 illuminate strip lights. Obscure glazed door with window to side opening to:-
CONSERVATORY: (11' 0'' x 9' 5'') (3.35m x 2.87m)
having windows on 2 sides and high sloping Perspex roof, complementary window sill, wall mounted electric heater, 2 wall lights. Double doors opening to the rear garden.
part galleried over the stairwell and with the aforementioned window to the side elevation at ¾ landing, moulded skirtings, radiator, picture rail, ceiling light point. Small floor to ceiling storage cupboard. Loft access. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (12' 2'' x 11' 0'') (3.71m x 3.35m)
window to the rear elevation with far reaching views over the neighbouring sports fields across the city, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, built-in bookcase, radiator, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 0'' x 12' 2'') (3.96m x 3.71m)
window to the rear elevation, a range of built in wardrobes including airing cupboard, moulded skirtings, picture rail, 2 ceiling light points.
BEDROOM 3: (10' 3'' x 10' 1'') (3.12m x 3.07m)
window to the side elevation overlooking the neighbouring sports field, built in wardrobes with cupboards above, shower cubicle with built in shower unit and hand held shower attachment, radiator, extractor fan, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point.
BEDROOMS 4 & 5: (13' 7'' x 5' 4'' and 10'3 x 5'10) (4.14m x 1.62m and 3.13m x 1.78m)
window to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, picture rail, 2 ceiling light points, night storage heater. The room is currently sub-divided by a stud wall which bisects the window at the front elevation.
low level flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath with mixer tap and hand held shower attachment, fully tiled walls, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, radiator, ceiling light point.
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
a level lawned front garden bisected by a central pathway with shrub borders to either side and fencing. Pedestrian gate giving access to:-
SIDE & REAR GARDEN:
immediately to the rear of the conservatory there is a patio with ample space for garden furniture and then a pathway giving access to the pedestrian gate and also leading to the off street parking area. Predominately laid to lawn and level with mature shrubs providing a good amount of privacy and a plethora of colour.
tarmacadam off street parking for 2 cars. Access to:-
CAR PORT: (18' 1'' x 8' 11'') (5.51m x 2.72m)
covered off street parking for one car.
SINGLE GARAGE: (17' 5'' x 10' 5'') (5.30m x 3.17m)
remote operated roller door with window to side, light and power connected.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.